zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Naruto Jiyuu. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (4) 1 [2] 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )

Unlocked Hana Ouji
Ds14
Posted: Apr 30 2007, 01:00 AM

Whoa. 1,000 posts. I'd like to thank the great King Turtle.

Group: Admin
Member No.: 45

::Hypnotism voice::

You want to accept this.
You want an active jounin in Konoha.
You love DS like a fat man loves cake.

Omega2042
Posted: Apr 30 2007, 01:08 AM

Unregistered

Actually, I dont want to accept this. I dont want Konoha to have a jounin and I dont really like you.

My main reason for not liking this now is the whole turn your body into a plant thing. Its way too easy to abuse that with the being able to manipulate plants. Just turn your arms into vines then grab someone with one and impale them with the other. Or just make yourself giant and flatten them.
Ds14
Posted: Apr 30 2007, 01:15 AM

That's a shame. I like me, though. So it's okay.

And I was very willing to remove a lot of things on the chart, but I can tell you that body into plants thing is not something that was one of those things. I nerfed it a lot by adding in that whole cooldown phase idea and wouldn't be completely averse to some more nerfing, but I definitely do not want to get rid of that.
Ds14
Posted: Apr 30 2007, 02:23 AM

So, umm....?
Omega2042
Posted: Apr 30 2007, 03:52 AM

Unregistered

What? I say I dont like something and you give me: It is staying no matter what, its a bit hard to do anything after that now isnt it?

Since this has been brought up, I feel I must ask the question on everyone's mind: Exactly how does a bloodline dealing with eyes somehow get turned into turning your body into plants?
Ds14
Posted: Apr 30 2007, 04:15 AM

I said that I want it to stay and wouldn't mind making changes, not that it's staying no matter what.

And nothing can make your body parts turn into plants. It's called artistic license, dear.
Omega2042
Posted: Apr 30 2007, 04:17 AM

Unregistered

So you want your bloodline to change suddenly to go along with your most recent idea, despite the fact it doesnt fit? Sorry, not going to happen.
Ds14
Posted: Apr 30 2007, 04:25 AM

Alright. It lets her absorb sunlight and activate the magic plant cells that she can make in her body.

Or it changes her genetic makeup to that of a plants because the sunlight has just enough energy to change the form of her clan's DNA.

Or I could make something else up really quickly/

Or you could try not finding a time wasting and petty excuse for something I don't quite yet know.
Ds14
Posted: May 1 2007, 05:19 AM

Before anyone complains... complains more about me editing my bloodline, I'd like to put it out there that it's technically not an edit because I semi-quit with one of my characters and set their chakra to zero and am going to rejoin. It just so happens that I hadn't gained any chakra from all the stuff I've done before and rejoining with a new chart ends up giving me the same amount of chakra. You could give the other jounin a chakra boost to compensate for it, but I don't think that'd really be worth it.

Dialogue is our friend, friends. Let us shake hands with it and embrace it. Possibly even kiss it. Dialogue loves me and I intend to love it to its fullest. Care to join in a three way, anyone that edits the tech charts?

(I would also like to announce that Omega is my favorite Admin. He's the most helpful and useful one. He also likes to look at things in different ways and see how he might not be right. What I love the most about him is his laid back attitude. He doesn't let anything ruffle his feathers. Someone get this guy an award. He's earned it)
Omega2042
Posted: May 1 2007, 09:47 AM

Unregistered

It is an edit no matter how you try to justify it in your mind. I would like to point out that if you did indeed quit with one character than you are unable to RP with that character until they get approved again. As for the idea of giving away chakra to every other jounin because of something you did, who do you think you are? The whole board isnt going to get chakra because you want your jounin to be weaker than the rest. Stop thinking the rules somehow apply differently to you.

For someone who claims to want dialogue you certainly go about it in a strange way. The sarcasm at the end is just wonderful. Stop being passive agreesive and just say you dont like me.

You complain that I dont bother to look at an issue from another point of view. I would charge you do the same thing. A big concern on what is allowed and what isnt is what precident it would create. In this case it would be the editing of bloodlines.

The latest issue of the thid level of a doujutsu somehow changing the physical structure of someone opens up a whole realm of what can happen and not. For example if this was allowed without some reasoning behind it, I couldnt keep someone else from changing their bloodline to alter their physical form no matter what their original bloodline was.

You might say I am caring about details too much with this, but I will try to explain my reasons behind why this is important. Assuming the level 3 goes through and you turn into a plant, is it a permanent transformation, or willed? The reasons why this is very important is it would greatly affect how jutsu would work on you.

If you are always a plant, then I would assume your body would react to jutsu in a different way. As such water wouldnt be as effective, but fire would be more so. Ice jutsu would be very hard to fight against and so on. It would also raise the question of if genjutsu would work the same way or not. Finally we come to poison, would it work or not?

What I fail to understand is why you would want to edit this chart in the first place. It seems to have no real weakness. The recent addition just seems to be over the top in terms of what this bloodline does. I mean the defensive style alone is powerful, much less everything else.
Fire Fist Ace
Posted: May 1 2007, 03:26 PM

Unregistered

Well, since you so kindly asked, I took a look over your tech chart as well, and frankly, I agree with Omega. You're chart is broken, I mean, you have killing techs and debilitating techniques at low chakra levels, your "unlocked" level comes at a level a jounin can have immediately, and considering you insist on no one in the village knowing about the Hana Ouji clan, I find that impossible considering how lethal and damaging most of your techniques are. The Hokage knows about the Hyuuga clan and knows a great extent of Uchiha (exception of possibly Mangekyou Sharingan but only a few Uchiha actually knew about that). I don't see a need for an addition other than you wanted to do it before but didn't have the idea until now.

Also, lay off Omega, he's trying to help you by pointing out what he sees wrong, I see nothing wrong with his arguments and in fact agree with them.
Ds14
Posted: May 1 2007, 10:36 PM

QUOTE (Fire Fist Ace @ May 1 2007, 09:26 AM)
Well, since you so kindly asked, I took a look over your tech chart as well, and frankly, I agree with Omega. You're chart is broken, I mean, you have killing techs and debilitating techniques at low chakra levels, your "unlocked" level comes at a level a jounin can have immediately, and considering you insist on no one in the village knowing about the Hana Ouji clan, I find that impossible considering how lethal and damaging most of your techniques are. The Hokage knows about the Hyuuga clan and knows a great extent of Uchiha (exception of possibly Mangekyou Sharingan but only a few Uchiha actually knew about that). I don't see a need for an addition other than you wanted to do it before but didn't have the idea until now.

Also, lay off Omega, he's trying to help you by pointing out what he sees wrong, I see nothing wrong with his arguments and in fact agree with them.

Thanks for reviewing my chart, I appreciate it.

And Omega needs to get off of my nuts. I have no problem with him really, just the way he acts. There's a way you go about talking to someone in order to keep them from being offended and if you don't know that by a certain age, it's pitiful.

Another point brought up was that I was editing a chart and not actually quitting with Ayame. I asked permission before I got my chakra set to zero and explained what I was going to do beforehand, I didn't just decide I would do it because I think I'm an admin or something. And is it really an edit? I'm basically rejoining with the same character and making a new chart. I just asked if I could make it so that my character's history wasn't erased when that happened.

The points you bring up are constructive and make sense. I don't mind fixing things and changing them. Ask anyone that's gone over a chart with me on AIM or otherwise. I've made huge edits to this chart and removed a lot of things I didn't mind removing and others that I wanted to keep, but was willing to compromise on. I don't mind removing more, but I want to talk about it, not be insulted and berated about it. It's not important enough to me to let someone talk stuff to me and get away with it.

Finally, I didn't say nobody knows about the clan or if I did write it somewhere, I can change that quickly. I just want it so that the majority of people don't know about what the attacks do or how they work. Of course the Hokage would know about the clan, I don't see why he wouldn't. But another member of the rp that would have had no connection with any clan members wouldn't have any way of really knowing. But since this rp is so freeform, there are always little loopholes.

Thanks again.
Fire Fist Ace
Posted: May 2 2007, 03:25 AM

Unregistered

Ah, well then it makes sense, as I was reading it, I was like, but there's killing jutsu in here. Heh, well, if you want to talk, throw me an IM at XFireFistAceX, I'll be glad to go over stuff with ya. (of course I'll have to not be getting killed by finals and the like ^^; )
Ds14
Posted: May 2 2007, 03:52 AM

Yeah, i'll hit you up later.
Ds14
Posted: May 7 2007, 12:12 AM

Anything else?
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (4) 1 [2] 3 4 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0303 seconds · Archive