zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Naruto Jiyuu. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Hi
Rikuto
Posted: Aug 14 2008, 01:43 AM

Unregistered

159 O-o cant remember and xDD through invision free directory i look for old sites.Or ones that are still active that can profit mine xD!!! some i help out some i don't.All depends if im willing to or if i have the time meh
Ds14
Posted: Aug 14 2008, 02:55 AM

Whoa. 1,000 posts. I'd like to thank the great King Turtle.

Group: Admin
Member No.: 45

I agree with you that the break thing makes no sense, but that's how it is. There's a dramatic drop in activity over breaks, likely because people have better things to do.

During school, people tend to use this site to procrastinate while doing homework or whatever.
Kuroukami Yukio
Posted: Aug 14 2008, 03:12 AM

Unregistered

Yeah, break is a time when you don't wanna stay kooked up in your house all day like you normally do on a school day. RPing takes a decent amount of time,

I honestly just completely forget about this rp when summer break comes every year. It's odd--almost like an off switch.
Rikuto
Posted: Aug 14 2008, 03:29 AM

Unregistered

lol yeah i agree but all i am doing is stuffed up in my house.Lost my job so really nothing to do.I mean i could go out hang with friends but drinking isn't something i really wanna do in the day time.
Kuroukami Yukio
Posted: Aug 14 2008, 03:36 AM

Unregistered

yeah lol. I know what you mean. I'd only considering drinking during the day if I was pregaming for a party. Either that or if I somehow lost all my dignity as a human being. Whichever comes first.
Ds14
Posted: Aug 14 2008, 04:27 AM

I used to post at work, but my boss has since discovered wikipedia and google and keeps himself busy. I've been reading like a book a week because there's nothing else to do.

But yeah, breaks can get tricky. The main death of this site came from:

1. The Chuunin exam. A lot of people failed and got pissed and didn't come back.

2. The people who didn't fail, but were rping with the people who failed couldn't post because their characters were stuck interacting w/ those that failed.

3. Those that weren't stuck got back to their respective villages only to realize that nobody was there because the ones that passed the chuunin exam were still in Hidden Sand.

4. Then spring break came and wiped out almost all the active members.
Rikuto
Posted: Aug 14 2008, 06:29 AM

Unregistered

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Sorry that's funny so people failed the chuunin exams left didn't come back.That's really a new one in my book cause ive seen some stupid shit.But never about that before well kinda.Yeah so um damn whats your mods name can't remember umm shit.Ima just call him mod dude ok mod dude said about a domain name correct? ok so when this all gonna happen you gonna move everything over there.Or are you gonna make a complete new system and etc. . . blah blah for a new domain name is kinda hard without a plot.I mean are you guys gonna use the same plot or a new one i know i said some few that were on my mind.

@yuki yeah i know what you mean i only drink in the day.If like really some bad shit happen to me or if im like getting over a bad break up.I don't usually drink over break ups i still happen excuse my language.Break up sex is always the best anyways onto topic.
Kanki-chan
Posted: Aug 14 2008, 02:29 PM

Unregistered

Plot? well, the usual "Konoha has a thin thread of peace between the shinobi nations, which is easily broken by spies, renegade shinobi factions, or just plain crazy people." The specifics of said plot is really up to the RPers.
Ds14
Posted: Aug 14 2008, 04:47 PM

QUOTE (Rikuto @ Aug 14 2008, 12:29 AM)
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Sorry that's funny so people failed the chuunin exams left didn't come back.That's really a new one in my book cause ive seen some stupid shit.But never about that before well kinda.Yeah so um damn whats your mods name can't remember umm shit.Ima just call him mod dude ok mod dude said about a domain name correct? ok so when this all gonna happen you gonna move everything over there.Or are you gonna make a complete new system and etc. . . blah blah for a new domain name is kinda hard without a plot.I mean are you guys gonna use the same plot or a new one i know i said some few that were on my mind.

@yuki yeah i know what you mean i only drink in the day.If like really some bad shit happen to me or if im like getting over a bad break up.I don't usually drink over break ups i still happen excuse my language.Break up sex is always the best anyways onto topic.

Well, the Chuunin exams were like 2 weeks long and when people lost, it was mostly due to random chance and it kind of pissed some people off. I'm not going to go into detail on how it worked, because I might do it again and I want it to surprise new members, but I understand why some people left because they felt it was unfair.

And "the mod", Haraki, and I decided to keep this domain and more or less revamp it and make it easier for new members to understand. I am also planning on masking the inactivity rather than booting old members. I think permanently deleting old members and posts destroys the sense of community and history of this rp and it also gets rid of a valuable archive of ideas for future character design. There have been some genius technique charts and original characters on here, you just have to dig through to find them and learn from them.

Our current plot was meant to stir up activity when our member count was sort of waning. It stirred up activity, but only for a little while. People had personal issues out of the rp and it sort of fizzled.

Now that we've brought it back, I'm trying to finish up the plot in order to give the new members a leg up on chakra to catch up to everyone else. Only a little bit left to go with the plot, which will also establish some recurring NPC characters for future scripted events.

And Kanki was exactly right. If I remember correctly, Jiyuu means freedom. A plot is something that rarely happens here and is usually completely optional. There is a lot of freedom in this rp and members aren't bound by any stats other than chakra. We make our own storylines and other members are free to join in. As someone that has been used to rolling dice in an AIM chatroom to determine damage for a certain skill, I thought that was a beautiful thing and it's the foundation of this rp.

I hope that cleared stuff up.
Rikid
Posted: Aug 14 2008, 06:26 PM

Unregistered

How is the chakra system working? Are we doing it Mikya's way still?
Kuroukami Yukio
Posted: Aug 15 2008, 01:15 AM

Unregistered

I really like the current plot and hope it continues. Other than that, yeah, there aren't many rps that i have played that are as loosely moderated as this one. It makes it fun, but the random NPCs make the whole experience better. I think half the reason that the forum dies repeatedly is because of the member driven storylines. It's great, but eventually people run out of ideas or a storyline just keeps dragging on. I think this is part of the reason people leave.

The NPCs help move the plot along and keep it interesting.
Haraki
Posted: Aug 15 2008, 05:11 AM

The gofer

Member No.: 34

Rikid, as far as I'm aware me and Ds plan to keep things as original as possible, but simplify and reword things...Move some things around, get more order.. General things like that, I'll do what I can now, Ds is on some sort of Vacation, but I'll do as much as possible with out an admin.

So any questions or suggestions that you personally think will simplify or just over all make it a better environment...PM them to me or Ds, and we will either make the changes or discuss them.

We really ask for everyones opinion on this, part of keeping an RP alive is happy Rpers lol...Another major part is Simplicity to understand....(Hence the revamping in the first place)

The site will go through random changes, which Ds or I might put into the announcements as they happen..but even though we are reworking the system, by NO means does this mean the site is closing for them..so feel free to continue on your marry RPing ways. biggrin.gif
Rikuto
Posted: Aug 15 2008, 05:13 AM

Unregistered

Depends all who comes back and agrees with it there's some people who like plots.But really we all have our opinions on how we role play like me i could care less if there's a plot or not.It doesn't bother me.If you revamp the place then O_o revamp the staff.If only you two are the ones who stayed why keep the staff that left? i mean if they had a good enough reason but still.
Ds14
Posted: Aug 19 2008, 05:05 AM

QUOTE (Rikuto @ Aug 14 2008, 11:13 PM)
Depends all who comes back and agrees with it there's some people who like plots.But really we all have our opinions on how we role play like me i could care less if there's a plot or not.It doesn't bother me.If you revamp the place then O_o revamp the staff.If only you two are the ones who stayed why keep the staff that left? i mean if they had a good enough reason but still.

I'm more or less a new admin. I'm not going to just get here and boot the people that founded the thing. That'd be bogus as fudge.
Kanki-chan
Posted: Aug 19 2008, 02:32 PM

Unregistered

Not to mention they might feel like popping back onto the site and seeing how we're doing. The "original" admins and mods are still online, they usually just don't have the time for the place.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 [2] 3 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0221 seconds · Archive