Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Monkey Message Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Welcome to the Monkey Message Board! For fans of the cult Japanese TV series "Monkey" to communicate their thoughts, ideas, questions etc. about "Monkey" to other fans all over the world.

Anyone can read and post to this this message board.

For lots of information and the latest news about Monkey, see the Monkey Heaven web site.

Godiego 35th Anniversary Concert, 28 May 2011, Godiego concert in Osaka, Japan
saiyuuki
  Posted: May 30 2011, 10:38 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Hi folks,

Just wanted to let you all know about a Godiego concert that was held in Osaka on Saturday 28 May 2011 (3 days ago).
It was to celebrate 35 years since Godiego formed, and took place in an outdoor arena. Unfortunately, it rained heavily the whole time, so everyone was wearing waterproofs from head to foot, including me.

The concert began with an energetic version of "Monkey Magci", which had most of the audience up and dancing (in the rain!). Yukihide Takekawa then went on to announce that they planned to perform ALL of Godiego's singles (later, they said they didn't have time for "Portopia").

Otheer songs from Monkey were "Gandhara" (my personal favourite) and "Holy and Bright".

I was really surprised when, the last song of the concert (apart from the encores) was "Monkey Magic" again, but a different version - the slower version from 2006.

Great concert! Sorry - no photos - it wasn't allowed. But I just found this one photo that a fan took before the show started:
http://twitpic.com/53khl4

Here's the full song list from the show:

PDTHE BIRTH OF THE ODYSSEYij
@@` MONKEY MAGICg1978h
QDTHE GALAXY EXPRESS 999
RDSALAD GIRL
SD͂""
TDSYMFONICA
UDCHERRIES WERE MADE FOR EATING
VDMIRAGE
WDHAPPINESS
XDWHEREfLL WE GO FROM NOW
PODHOLY & BRIGHT
PPDRETURN TO AFRICA
PQDWALKING ON
PRDBACK IN TIME
PSDCOMING TOGETHER IN KATHMANDU
PTDNAMASTE
PUDGANDHARA
PVDTHREE YEARS OF LOVE
PWDTHE SUNRISE
PXDLET IT BURN
QODCARRY LOVE
QPDJAVA WA JAVA (VISIONS OF LOVE)
QQDONE FOR EVERYONE
QRDBIG MAMA
QSDMONKEY MAGICg2006h
AR[
QTDBEAUTIFUL NAMEi̍j
QUDWORLDS OF LIGHT

Lots of Japanese fans are discussing the show on this page:
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/tamezo_san/e/9a11350...16992aa8ed9e6fe

smile.gif

--------------------
"Son Aware of Vacuity, listen to me. Come to the Himalayas, Monkey."
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Music | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive