Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Maryland Law School. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Housing Search
kmatt
Posted: Mar 29 2006, 05:35 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Right now I'm looking for housing for next year. I called Fayette Square and it appears they're real low on availability (particularly one bedroom apartments). So now its on to Pascault Row to see what they have and what its like. Anyone else have any good links or ideas for housing in and around Baltimore so everyone can get a leg up on the apartment hunt?
rjacobs762
Posted: Apr 1 2006, 04:49 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 3

I live in Mount Vernon in Baltimore; I'm starting school at UMD in the fall. I love Mount Vernon. I've been here a couple of years It's a diverse and beautiful neighborhood; you can walk to a lot of great restaurants, bars, museums, shops, and the train station (with commuter rail service to DC). The law school is only about a mile away, so I plan on walking down there. Housing in this neighborhood is pretty reasonable. I would recommend checking on the Baltimore Craig's list for apartments or check the Baltimore City Paper. I live in a 2 bedroom with my boyfriend and pay about $390/month.
kmatt
Posted: Apr 1 2006, 04:57 PM

Administrator

Hey, thanks for posting and registering! I think I've decided I'm just going to stick with University Suites at Fayette Square, and get into a 2 or 3 bedroom place. It would be nearly 1000 bucks to live alone at one of the private apartments around campus and there would be a walk. This way I figure it's right across the street, only about 800 a month, and I can't imagine roommates (as long as they're other law students) are going to be a big hassle. So, if you're looking to do the same thing, let me know and maybe we can room together, at least for the first year. Right now, I'm just going to put down a preference sheet for potential roommates. But good luck to everyone finding housing and if you've got any other suggestions, put them down on here!

~Kevin
kmatt
Posted: Apr 6 2006, 02:43 PM

Administrator

I'm sure most everyone knows this already, but I just thought I'd post the UMaryland housing website. Its got basically all of the local private communities listed and linked, as well as University Suites and Pascault Row (the 2 university affiliated housing areas) and basically a CraigsList of advertisements for roommates and renters all over Baltimore. It's at http://www.housing.umaryland.edu/ . Check it out and post if you've gotten any word back or have opinions of any of the places on there so the rest of us can benefit from what you know.

~Kevin
va96
Posted: May 6 2006, 10:27 AM

Group: Members
Member No.: 8

Hey...I'll be attending UMD Law in the Fall too and I wanted to get into the University Suites at Fayette too. Any idea about the availability now? I just decided this week that I would be attending UMD so I didn't get a chance to call Fayette Square before the weekend but I imagine they're all pretty full by now. I wanted to get into a 2 bedroom or 3 bedroom if available? I'm not too keen on living anywhere else for my first year at least since these seem to be the closest to the law school and safe as well.....
kmatt
Posted: May 6 2006, 11:14 AM

Administrator

QUOTE (va96 @ May 6 2006, 03:27 PM)
Hey...I'll be attending UMD Law in the Fall too and I wanted to get into the University Suites at Fayette too. Any idea about the availability now? I just decided this week that I would be attending UMD so I didn't get a chance to call Fayette Square before the weekend but I imagine they're all pretty full by now. I wanted to get into a 2 bedroom or 3 bedroom if available? I'm not too keen on living anywhere else for my first year at least since these seem to be the closest to the law school and safe as well.....

Hey, first and foremost, congrats on picking Maryland and I'm sure we're all glad you made that choice. I'm going to be living at University Suites in the fall. I got in touch with them about a month ago and they said they were "approaching capacity". I managed to get a two bedroom apartment there (or so I think), so they were still available when I called. They said I would have had no problem at all getting a three bedroom apartment, so maybe there's still some available. I'm sure they are going to try to make it seem like its packed for the fall so that they can get your money quicker, so I would bet there's still some space. It does look like a really nice building (and it's all gated in) and it's definitely close to the law school. Just try giving them a call and ask if there's anything still available. Good luck! If you can't get into University Suites, I've looked into a lot of the other buildings around the area during my housing search, so feel free to pop a question back on the board. And again, congrats on choosing Maryland and I'll see you in the fall!

Kevin
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Housing | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1304 seconds | Archive