MuEurope Terms Of Service (including Server and Forum rules).
Welcome to MuEurope Forums! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below.
MuEurope is a community formed by the members of the MuEurope game server and has a variety of users, from fresh joined newbies to veteran players. The MuEurope forums is a place where it's okay to be yourself as long as you always act with respect for your fellow members as well as the MuEurope Staff. You are not expected to leave your personality at the door. There are going to be topics and discussions that will have heated debates. Please think before you post and re-read what you type before you post it. Keep your comments limited to the debate at hand and do not make this a personal issue between you and another member.
- - - Forum Rules - - -
- You're responsible for your account and there're no excuses if "your friend" spammed, insulted with your account. The account owner pays all the consequences that the account does.
- It is NOT allowed to advertise another MU server. Advertising another MU server may result in both in-game and forum account removal without any notice.
- Flaming (insulting each other), Degrading comments, Racism, Swearing will not be tolerated in this forum. Falling in each one of those will result in account warning and/or account suspension depending on the gravity of each. Also, adjoining negative attidutes will come across punishments such as warning and/or account suspensions, depending on the case.
- Spam is NOT allowed. Spam will result in user Warning. In case of repeated spam the MuEurope staff may proceed in further warning, even account suspension and the posts amount will be reduced by the double of the total spam posts that the user had. However you are allowed to participate in spam games created by an admin, or a staff member, but always by following the specific game rules.
- Double posting is NOT allowed. Double posting will result in user Warning.
- Cross-Posting is not allowed. Do not post the same discussion more than once on a discussion forum or on many forums. Duplicate discussions are frustrating and counterproductive for other members, especially for those whose time and energy is limited. Duplicate discussions will be deleted.
- No Abuse of the PM system. Personal Messaging is provided to the members of MuEurope as a service intended to enhance the Community experience. The purpose of personal messaging is to allow for discreet conversations to take place between members. This privilege is not to be abused! Solicitation, spamming, or harassment of any kind is strictly forbidden. Any member receiving an inappropriate personal message should forward that message to an Administrator or Moderator right away. Although PM's are normally only accessible by those who send and receive them, they are part of the database and as such, property of MuEurope. An Administrator, if so inclined, could locate the Private Messages in the database and read them. They are private, but not necessarily secret. In addition, Private Messages are not intended to deprive the Community of valuable information or experiences which could benefit the entire group. Please do not use private messages if the content of the message can be helpful to others.
- Misuse of the "Insults" section can result in a ban of forum and/or game account depending on the case. Ban Time can vary from one(1) to three(3) days, depending on the case.
- Users are NOT allowed to criticize any MuEurope staff member (includes all ranked members in the forum) or insult them in an useless way, they must mind that it was an Admin designing them, and they can get punished for their actions. Insults and repeated insults to staff can lead to a ban for one(1) day to a permanent ban (depending on the gravity, in-game accounts may be punished as well). If u wish to complain for a member of the staff or an admin send a PM to another admin with valid arguments. False accusations may lead even to a permanent ban (both in forum and in-game).
- Check forums at least once a week, for updates, news, quests. It is enough that a guild member informs the guild about the news. People who say "i didn't know about this, i didn't read" will not be tolerated.
As 'signature' is refered, both images and text u may have in your signature area.
Maximum allowed size for a signature is 600x225 pixels. If size rules are violated, the user will be warned to 10% and advised to remove it within 3 days, once removed the warn will be lowered. If the signature wont be resized within the 3 days, the warn will be raised to 30% and his whole signature will be removed without further notice.
- Country Forums
All general forum rules are also valid for country forums. Furthermore:
- The only language allowed is the one of the country forum itself, except for advices from admins and purposes for new mods and so on which can be done in english.
- Insults get punished from local MODs the same way they do in english.
- Spam games are allowed only after an admins consent and Only in the country's forum language.
- Private/Guild Forums
All general forum rules are also valid for private forums. Furthermore:
- Spam Games are NOT allowed. If a spam game is discovered in a private forum it will result in the local moderator warning and/or on the private forum removal.
- For any broken rules issues the local moderator can contact a staff member.
- - - Server Rules - - -
- You are responsible for your own account. If something bad is found in your character, there're no excuses.
- PK/KS Allowed.
- You are NOT Allowed to use Duel during Castle Siege event in the Valley Of Loren. Players that will be spoted using duel will be permanently banned.
- You are not allowed to contest GMs in public. If you wish to complain about a GM, contact the Admins with PM (or MSN, not in Game). Contesting a GM in public can lead to a temporary ban or complete account removal, depending on the gravity. Contact an Admin just if you have ScreenShots to prove what you're saying. You can get a temporary ban/account delete if you bother/contest an Admin without proofs.
- Staff, Admins, Users and GMs are not allowed to insult in the game. If you're reported of a bad insult you can get a 24/48 hours ban, an item deleting, a longer ban, or a Permanent Ban, depending on the gravity. GM Insulting brings to permanent ban.
- Users are not allowed to talk with the GM while he's doing a quest for facts that are not concercing the actual quest. People who keep flooding a GM will get their account suspended for a day.
- Ask GMs for free items or help at exping or if you're getting killed/ks'ed. If you keep flooding you can get your account suspended for a day.
- Ask GM to show a set.
- Ask GM to sell something that he is not selling in quest.
- Ask GM to PK Clear unless there was a PK quest.
- Ask GM to move yourself because you're in murder level.
- Give or USE hack info/links or you are temporarily/permanent banned.
- Ask for the server IP
- IT'S NOT allowed to advertise other MU servers
- You can still talk to a GM for important cases (Stats bugs, character bugs), if he doesn't answer it means he's busy, so stop PMing him and post in forums.
- GM Imposters will be permanently banned. (characters with tags G-M, GM, G^M, etc...)
- If you're banned from the auto-script, or found in Dupe Logs, you can still ask for being unbanned, if you think it was an unfair ban, remember to ask kindly. Admins will care about your case, mostly if only one or two actions were found, and concerning useless items, you'll get unbanned; but if it has more than 3-4 actions, and it was about worth items, you won't get unbanned.
- Guilds with similar or joke-to-other-guilds name, will result in the guild deletion, and a punishment for the Guild Master(GM), which can be a temporary ban or an item deletion, if the GM will not disband the guild after he is advised.
- Any Name regarding nazism or fascism or other kind of these serious offence as Char name, Guild Name, Guild Logo(Image) ARE NOT TOLERATED and then NOT ALLOWED in this server. Guild and Character with this kind of name (and logo too for guild) will be instantly deleted (or blocked and then deleted) without any warning.
- Game Masters (GMs)
- GMs are not allowed to abuse their power without a good reason (abuse means: help friends in quests, using Admin or quest items for personal purposes without advising, and without authorization).
- GMs are not allowed to use their GM character to PK/KS or doing quests like Blood Castle, Chaos Castle, Devil Square, except for extraordinary-planned and authorized cases.
- GMs are not allowed to give quest-dedicated items to friends or on a player character, it is only the GM who can give won-prizes.
- GMs Can't use the Global Message for private messages or personal purposes. The Global Message can be used only for quest-related and server important facts. A repeated abuse of the Global Message will result in the GM suspension.
- - - Legal Issues - - -
- Copyrighted Material
Information copyrighted or owned by any individual or entity other than the member should not be posted on the discussion forumss without the consent of the owner. If such an event occurs, the individual posting the information shall be held solely responsible. MuEurope shall not be held responsible for member-posted information that may violate copyright law.
You cannot legally post entire articles or news in the forum without permission from the copyright holder. Even if you attribute the article correctly itís still copyright infringement. Copyright law does not care if you make any money off of the work or not, what matters is if you hurt the potential income of the copyright holder. In this case you would be depriving them of ad revenue and it is illegal. Under Fair Use provisions you can legally post a small abstract of an article - or perhaps the opening paragraph. So if you want to post an article you should do this and include a link, or just post the link. The exception to this rule is press releases; press releases are meant for distribution and can be copied and distributed as much as you want. If you are not sure if you can copy something then always err on the side of caution and simply post a link to the material.
- Explict content
Posts containing explicit, obscene or vulgar language will be removed. Similarly, posts that solicit or offer explicit or X-rated GIFs, JPEGs or similar content files will be deleted without notice! Links to Websites with adult content/images anywhere on the site will be removed. Remember that there are also children using these forums so be cautious on what your posts contain.
Please do not give out any personal information such as phone number, postal address, zip code, last name, or anything you do not wish others to know. If you choose to ignore this request, we cannot be held responsible for the consequences. First Name, Age, Gender, Location, and Birthday are all optional upon registration. As stated above, only email address, username, and password are required. Please know privacy is very important to us; we will never divulge your email address to anyone without first asking your consent. If you get "spam" emails from a member (this can occur if you check "Yes" for show email on the registration page) please report the email address to us so we can investigate.
- Unsolicited e-mail
Please note that no email you recieve from this forum goes unsolicited. When you register, you can opt to recieve administrator mailings or not. If you ever complain about getting these emails, it will be ignored. The registration page clearly states you can deny getting mail from us. Any threat of legal action will not be taken seriously, as the forum emailings do not get sent to you unless you permit it.
- - - MuEurope Discretion - - -
MuEurope and its assigned agents reserves the right to remove a post which does not relate to the topic being discussed in the forum. In addition, MuEurope reserves the right to organize discussion forums in order to best serve the majority of our members. For example, narrow-interest or minimal activity topics may, at MuEurope discretion, be relocated to a more appropriate discussion forum, or deleted entirely. MuEurope or its assigned agents also reserves the right to prohibit or delete discussions that are thought to violate applicable law or that may be harmful to other members, the sites that comprise MuEurope or the rights of MuEurope or others. That said, we cannot ensure prompt removal of offending discussion forum posts. We also reserve the right to remove your membership from you should you violate these Guidelines.
Considering the real-time nature of this bulletin board, it is impossible for MuEurope to review all messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that MuEurope does not actively monitor the contents of all posted messages and is not responsible for any messages posted. MuEurope does not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and is not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of MuEurope or any entity associated with MuEurope. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. MuEurope has the ability to remove objectionable messages and will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if it is determined that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately, in fact, we may not edit or delete posts that break our rules at all. We have many time constraints on us and cannot guarantee that we will be able to edit or delete posts that break the rules/user agreement. If you do not agree with this then do not view or register for MuEurope. Although this Discussion Forum does not and cannot review the messages posted and is not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we at MuEurope reserve the right to delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless MuEurope and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). We at this discussion forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.