Deep Dark Blue created by Kazuki of the IF Skin Zone
Banner

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Intercross. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) ReplyTopicPoll

Hunger Games, The Next Twilight?
TypeHere
Posted: Mar 14 2012, 02:02 PM

Rec Millares

Group: Exorcists
Member No.: 6,508

The Hunger Games Movie is making a buzz already when the trailer was released. It has some similarities with twilight when it comes to the characters. There are two teams on twilight: Edward and Jacob. Hunger games has Peeta and Gale. We'll know if it is just like the twilight series once we get to watch the film.. kurou02.gif
samanta
Posted: Apr 2 2012, 03:55 AM

Member No.: 6,826

i haven't watch it, but i buy the book trilogy a couple months ago. i haven't have a chance to read it though. i think i'm gonna watch the movies first
zanyduke
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 07:33 AM

Member No.: 2,074

The plot of the movies goes up and down. It seems to be rushing at the end. Need to read the book to really understand what is going on kurou19.gif
TypeHere
Posted: Apr 30 2012, 07:08 AM

Rec Millares

Member No.: 6,508

I think it is really the downside of making a movie from the book. They don't have much time to act out all the scenes that are written in the book.
fairie-writer17
Posted: Apr 30 2012, 05:24 PM

Lightning Proofer <3
Group Icon

Group: Intercross Staff
Member No.: 6,224

Ive read all 3 books and watched the movie. The books are great. I think the movie was good as well but I agree that they didn't have time to act all the scenes out.
Daotse
Posted: May 1 2012, 01:12 AM

Green Marshmallow Ranger!!!
Group Icon

Group: Intercross Staff
Member No.: 6,238

I'm probably just restating EVERYTHING but here goes, I think the the books were pretty good. I think it's the way Suzanne Collins makes you kind of attached to the characters. The problem is, you can't have the same kind of attachment in two hours, it would be pretty hard and very costly for Lionsgate. I made a short movie with my friends and I think it took a total of 4-6 hours to film and I'm not even going to talk about editting. The movie was only half an hour long and we improvised all the lines. I think that Lionsgate did a great job for a movie. I kept forgetting I was in a movie theatre! It's just that the story went by so fast I kept having to backtrack to understand what went on. If you haven't read the book, you probably can't relate as well but you have to at least say it was done very well kurou05.gif

If you have read everything above I'm sorry for wasting your time while reading my pointless comment kurou16.gif
firaachan
Posted: May 11 2012, 09:59 AM

Member No.: 6,842

I haven't read the books yet but I saw the movie, It was quite good, I guess?
well i don't really know but i watched it because of all that uproar and all.
betacarrotin
Posted: May 28 2012, 02:57 PM

Member No.: 6,846

I recommend you read the book..

there are so many scenes that are not justified in the movie..

Specially the "Hunger" thingy...

Once you read the book, you will appreciate your 3 day meals...

But i don`t feel that in the movie...

kurou04.gif
natchan
Posted: Jun 18 2012, 06:47 PM

Member No.: 5,161

THe Hunger Games was AWESOMEEEEE...i totally recommend reading the book since its muuch better
kurou21.gif
murasakibanana
Posted: Jun 19 2012, 06:10 AM

Member No.: 5,714

NO. Just No...
DO NOT COMPARE THE HUNGER GAMES TO TWILIGHT... NEVER

Aside from the "love triangle" there is nothing similar to twilight so don't you dare...

hunger games talks about a dystopian society, where to remind the district of their rebellion to the capitol 24 kids are forced to fight each other to the death...

THERE IS NOTHING SIMILAR TO TWILIGHT. and no it is not the "next twilight"

it is something of its own...

I do not mean to bash twilight, but hunger games is not similar to it at all... just saying, don't hate...

PS- watch the movie then read the book kurou01.gif
shelly
Posted: Jul 19 2012, 11:42 AM

Member No.: 6,362

I read the books and really enjoyed them, not sure if I'm up to watching the movie though since the Twilight movie (as an example) butchered the series so much for me LOLL xD
Midori
Posted: Aug 22 2012, 08:55 AM

Member No.: 7,036

Read the books! Have to disagree that Hunger Games and Twilight are similar though. Except for the romance part, Hunger Games has much more of a politcal plot~

Whereas Twilight is um. Plain romance. ._.
Pixie
Posted: Sep 4 2012, 05:33 PM

Member No.: 2,980

I love the books, the movie was good, entertaining. But I don't you can compare it to twilight.
xlilim
Posted: Sep 4 2012, 09:02 PM

Member No.: 6,332

The Hunger Games should never be compared to Twilight, they are two completely different series about two completely different plots.

That being said, the adaptation was flawless in a way that everything that could be added to a 2-hour production was done and done correctly. Sure there are things missing, but they did what they could and it was a great movie, so I have no complaints.

I loved the cast choices. kurou01.gif
hoarv
Posted: Sep 21 2012, 03:18 PM

Noobie

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,200

hi
I agree with others about the fact that hunger games should neber be compared to twilight but rather "battle royale : " kids have to kill each other in order to survive in a game.
I also like the movie and the books : very great story !
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  ReplyTopicPoll

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1757 seconds | Archive