Deep Dark Blue created by Kazuki of the IF Skin Zone
Banner

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Intercross. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

ReplyTopicPoll

Inheritance Cycle - Christopher Paolini, What's your fave book from this cycle?
jillphot2003
Posted: Nov 6 2011, 01:34 PM

Group: Exorcists
Member No.: 6,542

The fourth and last installment Inheritance of the Inheritance Cycle (Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr) by Christopher Paolini will be released on Tuesday, November 8, 2011.

I have waited for this for 2 years and it's finally coming out!
AM I THE ONLY ONE EXCITED?!!! I've never felt this giddy since HP7 finally came out!

What's your favorite book from this cycle?
ckh988
Posted: Jan 1 2012, 03:18 PM

Member No.: 6,376

My favorite is Brisingr.
yaoilover64
Posted: Feb 11 2012, 02:11 PM

Member No.: 6,746

i m glad its out i was waiting 4 it for soooooooo long kurou19.gif
jillphot2003
Posted: Mar 5 2012, 06:55 PM

Member No.: 6,542

when inheritance finally came out, i read the first three books first. it took me a week and a half to finish the three books. i realized new things and understood it better. the sad parts still made me cry and the exciting parts still made my heart race.

i prolonged reading the last book because i knew that i would feel sad if i finished it quickly. i just couldn't put it down, so i ended up reading the whole book in 3 days. i felt sad. really sad. it's like a part of me finally grew up, finally moved on.

dang, i hate it when i finish a series of books, manga, movies, or tv series. makes me feel empty and oddly happy and content at the same time.

i hope you enjoyed the cycle like i did.

PS. there so many questions left unanswered! who the hell is angela?!! what is she?!!! arrrgh.
erietha88
Posted: May 10 2012, 03:40 PM

Member No.: 6,884

That's a great news as i'm also waiting for the last book out in my country. I have read the first and second books. Now i'm reading half of the third book but stopped halfway because of my moody mood. I couldn't seem to concentrate reading it.
Chikachou
Posted: Aug 21 2012, 01:39 PM

Noobie

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,842

One week ago, i finished The Heritage and I understand when you say that you feel empty after finishing a saga (i feel the same thing with HP)
I really really love the books but the author sure is a man:

[spoiler]
why did he choose to unfulfil the love stories that he began? I wanted a bit more of love even if action is well done!!
[spoiler/]

My favorite book is the last or Eldest in second.
FlameTwirler
Posted: Jan 10 2013, 08:12 AM

Noobie

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,151

I just finished reading this series yesterday, actually. I'd wanted to read it for a while but I refuse to read a series until the entire thing is out, lest I get mad at the author and get too irritated to continue with the series when the next book DOES come out. Silly, I know, but at least I've learned.

I've gotta say, the second book was by far my least favorite...as it dragged. Interminably. I know what he was going for with it, and why it was written the way it was, but there were times I put the book down and went to other books just because there wasn't much that actually happened in the first half of that book. Ah well.

Inheritance is my favorite. It's the culmination of everything coming together, we get to see deeper characterization of Nasuada and Murtagh, it's the first time Galbatorix actually even speaks in the nexus of the quartet, and so on. I honestly wish there had been a bit more to the book. I'd love to see how everyone's lives are 10 years, 20 years from then.

SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS

What happens Murtagh and Thorn? Do they ever find peace? Do they hermit themselves away? If they do decide they can brave returning to society, would they choose Alagaesia or go to Eragon? What happens with Nasuada? Does she ever get to marry and have kids as she wishes, or is she so constantly under the burden of queenship that she never has the opportunity. Or does she simply arrange a marriage of convenience for the sake of heirs? Does Arya stay queen forever or abdicate, as she once mentions elfish royalty can do, to later go and train with Eragon? Since Paolini never goes into the specifics of elfish politics, we don't know if that'll be an option or not.

Frankly though, I'm just holding out for 'The Adventures of Angela'.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options ReplyTopicPoll

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0925 seconds | Archive