Deep Dark Blue created by Kazuki of the IF Skin Zone
Banner

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Intercross. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) ReplyTopicPoll

da vinci code and Angels and Demons, Which one first?
beewaii
Posted: Jul 19 2008, 10:51 PM

Group: Exorcists
Member No.: 3,290

If you have da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons...Which one are you going to read first? @_@
I don't know which one to read first...
milmirjia
Posted: Jul 22 2008, 10:22 PM

Member No.: 3,399

QUOTE (beewaii @ Jul 19 2008, 10:51 PM)
If you have da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons...Which one are you going to read first? @_@
I don't know which one to read first...

Well I read Angels and Demons first and I would do it again in this order if I had to.
In fact Angels and Demons had me so addicted that I read an entire night until morning because I couldn't put that damned book away. I had to know how it was going to end.

And The Da Vonci Code... Well, it IS a very well written book, and it IS quite excinting you could say, but the theme was SO not my thing. For me it was entirely not believable and I couldn't understand tha hype around the book...

Well, yeah, read Angels and Demons first.
carolbbf
Posted: Aug 5 2008, 03:07 AM

Member No.: 3,447

Angels and demons irst, it has to be like this!!! the first one is much better anyways...
Sexethang82
Posted: Aug 13 2008, 03:35 PM

Red Baka Ranger: ~Destroyer of all that is innocent!!~
Group Icon

Group: Admin & I.C Staff
Member No.: 4

I read "Da Vinci Code" first b/c I wasn't told about "Angels and Demons" until I had started reading it. You definitely need to read AD first to get some of the references he makes in DVC, but it doesn't really matter which one you read first.

Both are very well written and historically very interesting, with Dan Brown's take on religion, I'd HIGHLY recommend reading both! I burnt through both in 3 days.
emi
Posted: Oct 23 2008, 08:49 PM

Member No.: 3,496

Angels and Demons first because there are a lot of references to it in The Da Vinci Code. I love Dan Brown's writing style, but it gets old after reading a couple of his books. Did anyone know that Angels and Demons is coming out in May? I'm excited about it
yukime
Posted: May 10 2009, 11:59 AM

Member No.: 4,255

Angels first, you should read it to get a better view of the main character. Plus there are more twist.
fortunecookie
Posted: Oct 6 2009, 02:23 AM

Member No.: 2,216

i read angels and demons first and i actually liked it a lot more than i did the da vinci code even though everyone was talking about the latter

i felt like angels and demons had a better planned out story
mairi
Posted: Mar 17 2010, 05:28 AM

Member No.: 5,068

lol i had both but i still went on to reading da vinci's code first because i wanted to know what the hype's all about...

londan
Posted: Sep 23 2010, 05:15 AM

Member No.: 4,959

thank you for the recommendations! i've been wanting to read these books but i keep forgetting to pick them up. i'm sure i'll enjoy them! i read his 'digital fortress' and it was pretty awesome
blackichigo
Posted: Nov 7 2010, 05:35 PM

Member No.: 5,518

Angels and Demons. Dan Brown like put a page in there explaining why it was first but it doesn't take away from how good both of those were kurou02.gif
forgetme75
Posted: Aug 21 2011, 08:24 PM

Member No.: 6,328

i read those two books like years ago! really great novels!
i read the da vinci code first. i didn't know about angels and demons until after i read the da vinci code. i really doesn't matter which novel is read first. the two are completely separate stories with robert langdon being the only commonality.
kh8052
Posted: Oct 8 2011, 12:48 AM

Member No.: 6,162

angels and demons first~
it's a really good book (Y)
orangie
Posted: Oct 10 2011, 07:21 AM

Member No.: 6,123

for people who enjoy these code and symbolism and historical cryptic myth whatever stuff(my brain is dying on me and i can't think of the perfect word for that yet...) i would totally recommend that you read these two. i'd personally start with angels and demons because for one thing, it's the first of the series(i don't know how long it'll be but... it's just basically a prequel and an unrelated sequel, i suppose.) but anyways.
both are pretty good. but because i heard from a friend that reading too much of his books starts to bore the reader, i am hesitating on reading some of his other works. would anyone recommend another particular one that they think would be good?
xHeavenSentx
Posted: Nov 12 2011, 05:39 PM

Member No.: 435

I read the Da Vinci code first then Angels and Demons. Love them both. Loved it more than the movie.
ckh988
Posted: Jan 1 2012, 03:25 PM

Member No.: 6,376

I read the Da Vinci Code first. I've never read Angels and Demons but my mom loves these books.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  ReplyTopicPoll

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1753 seconds | Archive