Deep Dark Blue created by Kazuki of the IF Skin Zone
Banner

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Intercross. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (10) « First ... 7 8 [9] 10  ( Go to first unread post ) ReplyTopicPoll

Most favourite book of all time
fatenight1
Posted: Jan 25 2012, 07:17 AM

Group: Exorcists
Member No.: 6,715

Jeeeezzz I must be really weird because mine is the Old Man and the Sea. I had to read this for 9th grade summer reading assignment. It was a short story but it struck me so hard back then that I even shed a tear. I can always recall the feelings of reading it even though the actual story is fading away. Guess that's a good way for us to lose our memories. kurou23.gif
widesmile
Posted: Jan 31 2012, 03:01 PM

Noobie

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,725

Arielle books are awesome. kurou02.gif

still the best.

FTV is my favorite. Gareth Mcguire . kurou02.gif
samanta
Posted: Apr 2 2012, 03:52 AM

Member No.: 6,826

My favorite book is the In Death series from J. D. Robb (aka Nora Roberts). It is a detective series
juju84
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 07:27 PM

Member No.: 6,839

Hmm, there a lot of books I like. Harry Potter, The mortal Instruments, some classic and others.
But if I must choose it'd be The Mortal Instruments (first trilogy) by Cassandra Clare.
Ash Darkside
Posted: Apr 5 2012, 11:01 PM

The Dark One

Member No.: 6,802

The Autumn of the Patriarch by Gabriel García Márquez!
It is too awesome that it came true! It actually came true 30 years later in my country!
betacarrotin
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 04:44 AM

Member No.: 6,846

Not a book person but i Love No. 6 novel....

It makes me appreciate the life that i had..^^
zanyduke
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 06:37 AM

Member No.: 2,074

I love books for John Grisham. Anything that is a thriller
hinshihoushi
Posted: Aug 9 2012, 12:59 AM

Member No.: 5,519

The Black Lyon by Jude Deveruax (sp?). I don't know how many times I have read it over the years. In fact looking to rebuy it since I can't find my old copy. :(
Dionaea
Posted: Aug 21 2012, 12:43 AM

Noobie

Member No.: 6,604

Lord of the Rings and all other Tolkien books, no doubt about it kurou05.gif I've read LOTR four times now and I'm still not bored of it, so yeah XD
MissCalypso
Posted: Nov 7 2012, 07:21 PM

Member No.: 7,204

my Most favourite book of all time is Pride and Prejudice !!
This book is so great ! I also like Jane's Austen other books but this one is my favourite!!
stannium
Posted: Nov 10 2012, 08:26 AM

Noobie

Member No.: 7,224

Well, for me, I think it's one of the Georgette Heyer's book, Devil's Cub. It's a romance book and it belongs to my grandmother. I remember, reading it when I was a little girl and trying so hard to understand the words. When I asked my grandmother, "what does this means?", she instantly took it out of my hand. And I was so stumped that I cried out loud. But, when I was approaching my teen years, she gave it to me as "the first step that will lead me to the youth world". And, since then, I can't stop reading historical romance! kurou21.gif
Kreidol
Posted: Dec 24 2012, 08:07 PM

Member No.: 7,277

QUOTE (soumyee29 @ Sep 12 2008, 01:44 AM)
Pellinor Series

Has anyone read this series by Alison Croggon? It's an extremely well-narrated story of the classic gemstone-hidden-in-a-coal-mine girl, who's the amazing heroine, and who braves adversities to save the world! The plot is corny, I know, but the writing style is unique, and brings the characters and events alive!!

I've read that book, and found the story-telling better than any other fantasy book, including Harry Potter series... It's packed with humor, romance, inner conflicts, bravery-in-adversity and all that classic stuff to make a good read!

Check it out! Especially the third book in the series!

The Pellinor series wins for me as well. kurou12.gif

To add to soumyee29's description, it's your general, run-of-the-mill fantasy/adventure with a new age twist on classic magic, great character development, lovable characters, and a very scary bad guy to defeat... and time is running out! Well anyway, I recommend the series. It starts a little slow, but once you get going, you'll be hooked. Croggin has an engaging writing style. Oh, and the third book, the Crow, is probably the slowest and spends most of its time talking about the life of the protagonist's brother.

If you have already read Croggin and are looking for other books that are similar, you might also like the Guardian Cycle series by Julia Gray (which actually contains a very neat idea and explanation for supernatural events that I can't say I've seen before) and the Abhorsen trilogy by Garth Nix (although I read Lirael first by accident and went backwards... It turns out you can do that if you prefer, as Sabriel is about the mother of the main character in the last two books and therefore largely a separate "back story." Knowing that now, I wouldn't have read it differently.).

If you can recommend a new series for me that's similar to these, pm me. I'm looking for new reads.
majola
Posted: Dec 25 2012, 11:22 PM

Member No.: 7,295

My favorite book could be considered The Lost Army of Cambyses - I have reread it at least twice and still look fondly on it...

Though the series that had the most influence on me as a reader is definitely Harry Potter, not all that original, but before I picked up HP I actually hated reading - so it holds a very special place in my heart for opening my eyes...
fluktuasyndrome
Posted: May 19 2013, 07:33 AM

Member No.: 7,543

My favorite book?

well until now i still love all narita ryogho and Dee works all of them always amazed me
hellzfury
Posted: Jul 9 2013, 09:38 PM

Member No.: 7,566

Count of Monte Cristo. The evilness >=D
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (10) « First ... 7 8 [9] 10  ReplyTopicPoll

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1641 seconds | Archive