Title: Weapon tactics and combat moves
Description: think hard
Yue Osakura - February 5, 2009 01:22 AM (GMT)
I have too many questions and most of use don't have that much time online. so i'll just ask them 2 at a time if thats o.k.
1. are we aloud to preform attacks like the shield bash or stun with the Physical shields and, if so would it be under mech strike damage?
2. if i were to use a dragoon equiped with a a blade and use it and my skill is gunner. would it count as a melee or range?
Tifa Mysteria - February 5, 2009 06:39 AM (GMT)
1. If its not an offensive action then it would be counted as a machine strike, its just taking a different form to a punch or kick.
2. Although a dragoon is a ranged item, if its attacking with a melee weapon it would be counted as a melee attack.
Bryant Molirse - February 5, 2009 08:58 AM (GMT)
Yep what Tifa said. :lol:
Yue Osakura - February 5, 2009 07:13 PM (GMT)
3. Phase shift armor protects the "UNITS BODY" but not any weapons or add on mounted on it. right or wrong?
4. lets say i'm useing the acid sprayer and i have it equipped to the mouth of a beastyal type mech, do a bite, and use the sprayer with the fangs. would the attack count as anti-matterial/kenetic or just as the one then the other?
Bryant Molirse - February 5, 2009 07:48 PM (GMT)
Phase shift only protects the machines body.
It would only count as one or the other, or you could do two attacks to make each count.
Yue Osakura - February 6, 2009 09:23 PM (GMT)
5. lets say I want to create the back mount weapon like on the baserk furry from zoids and do all the things it did with them. As a drill, open claws, beam gun, shield genarator, etc. what would i need to do to make said weapon or would it take too much for the game limits here?
6. aside from supposed weight limits. flight in this game is free. no need for specal sysyems?
Tifa Mysteria - February 6, 2009 10:15 PM (GMT)
5. Well you could use the dual weapon mounting bracket. Use two of them on one hardpoint increasing the capacity to three, then combine two anti ship swords and a beam gun onto a single hardpoint. The shield you could just use a positron deflector screen system. That's about as close as I can get to the Berserk Fury, you'd only be missing one blade. Would be a tad expensive but its possible. Or you could mount three blades and have the gun mounted on a separate hardpoint and say its mounted in the middle of the other three.
6. No system is needed to fly, if you wanna take to the air go right ahead! ^^
Yue Osakura - February 6, 2009 10:23 PM (GMT)
7. Are throws and tosses aloud? plan and simple.
8. Can weapons like the multi-phase beam gun be turned from a single stream beam to a multi-barrel beam gun with multipule streams? Use example, Dinah from xenosaga
Tifa Mysteria - February 6, 2009 10:43 PM (GMT)
7. Throws or tosses would be counted as machine strikes I believe.
8. Not that I'm aware of.
Yue Osakura - February 9, 2009 01:13 AM (GMT)
9. damage modifiers on the frames reduce the damage reguardless of haveing a shield or not. true or not?
Tifa Mysteria - February 10, 2009 01:03 PM (GMT)
Two extracts from the rules;
The Damage Modifier changes the level of damage a machine receives when it is hit by an attack. While this modifier does not negate damage, the lowering of damage at the point of impact allows a machine to survive longer in combat. Please note, no matter your Damage Modifier, you will always take at least weak damage from attacks that hit, and that this only affects attacks that hit the machines body itself, not its weapons, or shields.
Related to the stat Guard, this type of defense covers all guards, and countering of attacks. Comprised of the actions that absorb, or defeat damage, this action can range from blocking with a shield, guarding with a section of the machines body, or even defending with a weapon. Unlike dodging, defending an attack automatically reduces an incoming attacks damage to Weak, even if your defense fails. This action uses Defense Score. Defenses of this kind are affected by the Character Skill - Defender.
So damage mods only affect the frame, but if you defend it cuts all damage to weak for the body or shields.