Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to GeneralHospitalOnline. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

JaSam Drabbles and One-Shots
Laina
Posted: Jul 5 2008, 12:37 PM

Unregistered

Fandom: General Hospital
Title: The Only One
Characters: Jason, Lila, Ric, Sam, and Sonny.
Pairing: Jason/Sam
Rating/Warnings: R. AU, Het, Minor Character Death, OOC, Violence.
Summary: What happens when Sam has to kill Ric and Jason is the only one who understands?
Disclaimer: I don't own General Hospital, the characters, locations, or anything like that. The only thing I own is this story.

*The Only One*

Sam walked over to her daughter and picked the child up. The moment that Lila knew she was in her mother’s arms, she fell silent. Sam smiled down at her little girl and couldn’t help but laugh when Lila made a spit bubble. After a few moments Sam started slowly down the stairs, making sure she didn’t drop Lila. When she reached the bottom of the stairs, she was surprised when Jason walked through the door. He was home early and Sam wondered what that meant. Usually Jason came home late unless someone was hurt or sick or if Sonny had pissed him off.

Guessing that it was the latter, she mentally prepared herself for the fireworks. Surely they wouldn’t be big because Jason didn’t complain very often. As a matter of fact, the only time he really ever complained was when something was really wrong and no-one would listen to him when he knew that he was right. As Sam walked up to Jason, she couldn’t help but feel warm inside when he smiled at her and then Lila, before taking their daughter into his arms and speaking softly to her. Since Jason was holding Lila, Sam decided to take care of something that she had needed to do for a while. As she walked over to the closet and grabbed her leather jacket, Sam paused when Jason asked where she was going.

“I have to take care of something - a matter that I need to discuss with Sonny. I’ll be gone for a while. Lila has been fed and changed so she should be okay until I get back. If she needs anything or you do, call me on my cell phone.” After speaking, Sam was out the door and on her way to talk to Sonny. When she arrived, she knocked on the door and after having a word with Max was told that she could go in. Walking through the door, Sam closed it behind herself and turned to face Sonny. “You know why I’m here, Sonny. I got your message.” Sam paused for a moment as she remembered the message she had received earlier.

"You told me to take Lila and run. I can’t do that. I won’t do that. Jason is the father of my daughter and you want the two of us to just vanish. Well, that’s not going to happen. Hell no.” Sonny sat back in his chair listening to Sam. When he was sure that she was finished speaking, he began to speak. “It doesn’t matter what you want, Sam. Things are getting dangerous around here, especially since Ric has decided to be an ass and play the enemy again.” Sam rolled her eyes at the never-ending feud between Ric and Sonny. “Maybe you didn’t hear me a few moments ago. I’m not leaving and there is no way that you can make me.” Sonny smiled at Sam.

"Maybe I can’t make you leave but Jason can and will. He knows how dangerous this is and how dangerous this is going to get. With Ric playing the bad guy, Jason and I can’t afford for either you or Lila to get hurt.” Sam sighed. “We aren’t going to get hurt. I’ve been around you and Jason long enough to know how to take care of myself and Lila.” Sonny took a few breaths to calm himself, knowing that if he showed his annoyance it would just make things worse. “Look, Sam. You don’t really have a choice this time. Ric is out for blood, especially mine and Jason’s and he could use you and Lila to get to us. We don’t want that to happen so you need to go.”

The two of them talked for an hour before Sam decided that it was time for her to go. As she started for the apartment once more, she decided not to mention her visit with Sonny to Jason. Everything Sonny was saying would only worry Jason and that was the last thing she wanted. As she walked home, Sam was lost in her thoughts when she was thrown harshly to the ground. She snapped out of her thoughts when she felt her attacker’s weight on top of her and Sam started to fight back. Sam was surprised when she realized that she was fighting with Ric. Part of her thought that Sonny wasn’t so wrong after all. As she struggled against Ric, Sam finally kicked him in the groin.

Instead of falling to the ground in pain like Sam had hoped, Ric simply grabbed her arm and slammed her into the wall. Sam cried out in pain before she remembered the handgun she had on her. After struggling again for a few moments, she was able to get one hand free. As Sam tried to grab her gun, Ric threw himself on top of her. Sam was terrified but was thankfully able to get one hand free. As Ric pulled something from his pocket, she reached for the gun. However, when Sam finally got a good grasp on it, Ric saw it and he slapped her gun away before showing her the weapon he had pulled from his pocket.

It was a knife and Ric started to cut her with it. Sam wouldn’t give him the satisfaction of screaming, so she just clenched her teeth and bit her lip to keep from screaming out. However, when Ric realized that he wasn’t going to get what he wanted so easily, he started to slap Sam around. After the two of them struggled, Sam finally got free. She started to run toward her gun when Ric grabbed her by the hair and forcefully pulled her backwards. Sam fought tooth and nail and she didn’t give up, knowing that she had to get home to Jason and Lila. Ric was threatening her now. He was saying how he was going to cut her up into little pieces.

Ric also said that he might like to just keep cutting her and let her bleed out. Sam tried to escape but had no luck. As her strength started to leave her, Sam felt the fight start to leave her body. As Ric sensed that she was about to give up, he started to loosen his grip on her and that was where he made his mistake. Surprising herself and Ric, Sam pushed Ric away from her and dived for her gun that was still on the ground. Picking it up she fired three times, hitting him two of the three times and killing Ric in the process. Sam fell to the ground in relief and she pulled her cell phone out of her pocket and called Jason. She told him what had happened and where she was.

Sam also called 911 and told them what happened. The paramedics arrived and took care of Ric’s body. One of the paramedics offered to help Sam but she refused his help. Jason arrived just as the ambulance left. He quickly pulled her into a hug and Sam welcomed the embrace but after a moment she realized that Lila wasn’t with him. “Where’s Lila?” Jason was silent for a moment and then he said, “Emily is watching her for tonight. When you called and told me what happened I called Sonny and told him as well and I called Emily and asked her to watch Lila tonight for us.” Sam nodded and then ended the hug between them.

A few minutes later Jason ended up convincing Sam to go to General Hospital to get checked out and she did. After Sam received medical attention the two of them started for home, having spoken to a few cops who had first arrived on the scene. Tomorrow Sam would go and give her statement and the two of them would be able to get on with their lives. When they arrived at the apartment again, Jason told Sam that she should lie down and Sam agreed. As she lay next to Jason, something occurred to her. “You weren’t very far away from the scene.” Jason shrugged and explained, not bothering to hide anything. “When you had been gone for an hour, I decided to go out and look for you.”

Sam nodded as Jason continued to explain. “I checked every single place that I could think of that you like to go to. However, as I started on my way to see if you were at Sonny’s, I heard some of the commotion and when I heard you; I wanted to help you but was too far away. But even though I was too far away and wanted to help you, I knew that you could handle yourself.” Sam rolled her eyes and then said, “You’re the only one who seems to understand that. Sonny is trying to ship me and Lila off.” Jason nodded and said, “I know. But that’s not going to happen now.” Sam looked up at Jason and asked, “It’s not? What changed your mind?”

Jason smiled and then said, “You did. Even though you didn’t mean to tonight you proved to me that you can take care of yourself and that I don’t need to be around you all day every day trying to protect you and Lila. Not that I don’t want to but now I know that I don’t need to.” Sam nodded and then they shared a kiss before pulling the blanket over themselves and talking until they fell asleep. The next day the two of them went to get Lila from Emily early in the morning so that the three of them could spend the day together as a family. They spent the day laughing and having fun, instead of worrying like they usually did.

The end.
jasam4ever25
Posted: Jul 5 2008, 01:01 PM

Unregistered

Very cute. Will there be more?
Laina
Posted: Jul 5 2008, 04:17 PM

Unregistered

Thanks, but not of this story. I'll probably write more JaSam fics in the future, though.
jasam4ever25
Posted: Jul 5 2008, 04:32 PM

Unregistered

I can't wait.
Laina
Posted: Sep 6 2008, 05:48 PM

Unregistered

Thanks. I'll try to have one soon.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options Quick Reply

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0267 seconds · Archive

Created by OverTheBelow of Creative Concepts and Sith Designs.