zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to GeneralHospitalOnline. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Best Friends or Best Enemies, GH-Carly and Sam friendship
Laina
Posted: Jul 5 2008, 12:28 PM

Unregistered

Fandom: General Hospital
Title: Best Friends or Best Enemies
Characters: Carly and Sam
Pairing: None
Rating/Warnings: R. AU, OOC, Friendship, Strong Language.
Summary: Carly and Sam are best friends. Here’s a small slice of their life.
Disclaimer: I don’t own anything except this story.
Author’s Note: Thanks to my beta Judy for all her help. PS: Carly is thirty-one and Sam is twenty-eight years old.

Carly walked into the house, closing and locking the door behind her. She walked into her bedroom and put away her purse, coat and shoes. Moments later Carly lay down on her bed and relax. She was just getting home from solving a problem at the Metro Court and was tired. She had been there since seven o’ clock this morning and was definitely glad to be home. Closing her eyes to rest for a few minutes, she heard the front door open again and knew that Sam was home from working at Kelly’s as a waitress. Carly and Sam had been best friends for six years.

They had been living together for four of those years. They had each been married and divorced twice and finally decided that they would just continue to live together since the whole “one true love” thing didn’t seem to apply to them. Carly’s first marriage had been to Sonny Corinthos and after a year it had failed miserably because Sonny was a mob kingpin and they were always in danger. Carly had loved Sonny but hadn’t liked all the danger that surrounded their life so she ended up getting a divorce. Strangely enough though, she and Sonny were still friends.

Carly’s second marriage was to Jasper Jacks and that marriage lasted for four years before she ended up divorcing him. She divorced Jax because she felt like she didn’t fit into his life. Jax was a wealthy man but Carly felt like she couldn’t be herself and that she didn’t fit in with the way Jax lived. So she had divorced him and then Sam had moved into her house. Carly was worried about Sam as she forced her eyes open and slowly sat up in her bed. Sam had just had gotten divorced for her second time and Carly hoped that her friend would be okay.

Sam’s first marriage had been to Sonny as well. She had married Sonny two years after Carly and Sonny were divorced. Sam had felt that Sonny didn’t love her and she was right. She had caught Sonny sleeping with one of his childhood friends Kate Howard. Sam figured that she must be cursed because the day before yesterday she had caught her second husband Jason cheating on her as well, with an ex-girlfriend of his, Elizabeth. Getting up off the bed, Carly left her room and went into Sam’s, pushing open the door without bothering to knock.

Sam, who had been lying on the bed, quickly sat up ready to tell off whoever it was. However, when she saw that it was Carly, Sam just sighed and pulled the blanket over her face. Carly walked over to Sam and ripped the blanket from her friend. “Sam, I’m sorry that you and Jason are getting a divorce. But that doesn’t mean I’m going to let you sit here wallow in self-pity over him. Jason and I might be good friends but you’re my best friend. So get your ass out of bed and let’s go do something tonight!” Sam simply glared at Carly and then turned away from her.

Deciding to up the amount of “tough love” she was giving Sam, Carly grabbed her friend by the arm and dragged her to the bathroom. She pushed Sam into the shower and turned the water on cold and full blast. Sam shouted out angrily from under the shower, “Bitch! Why the hell are you doing this?” Then she turned the water off and got out of the shower. She pushed Carly hard into the wall and a moment later the two of them were fighting. This was the normal routine they did when one of them wallowed in self-pity after a divorce. The two of them traded punches and suddenly all of the fight left Sam.

“I hate when we do this to each other,” She said, looking at the black eye she had given Carly. Carly just shrugged as she looked at the busted lip she had given Sam. “We’re weird, so we have to do what works for us. Look at it this way, we always know where we stand with each other. We’re either best friends or best enemies. There’s never an in-between with us and there never will be. So like I was saying, what are we going to do tonight?” Sam shrugged and said, “I don’t think I want to do anything tonight. With the way my day has been going, we’d probably run into Elizabeth and Jason and I’d rip Elizabeth’s face off.”

Carly laughed and then said, “I’d love to see that. When I went over to see Jason last night, he had Elizabeth over at the house and when I barged in I was ready to rip her head off for you. So get up and shower and then you and I will go out and have a girl’s night out.” Sam nodded and then she grabbed some clothes and went to shower. Carly left Sam’s room and she did the same. When both of them were dressed and ready to go, they grabbed their purses and left, ready to go clubbing. Carly and Sam had a fun night just dancing, laughing and drinking. Neither of them worried about how they looked or about seeing anyone that might upset them.

They just concentrated on enjoying themselves and getting to know each other better. Carly and Sam stayed out all night and ended up staying home from work the next day. They spent the next day recovering from drinking last night and they reminisced about all of the other good times they had had together. Sam mentioned the time that they went white-water rafting and Carly had fallen out of the raft. She had to jump into the water to get Carly. Carly laughed and then she mentioned the time that she had to pretend to be Sam’s girlfriend to get Sam out of a bad date.

Both women remember the confusion on the poor man’s face when Carly had walked up and claimed Sam as her girlfriend. The guy had looked horrified. He had apologized and then took off a few moments later. Having known each other for as long as they had, the two of them had many stories that they remembered. They spent the rest of the day laughing and hanging out, just like best friends do. When Sam started to feel tired that night, she curled up on one end of the couch, Carly at the other. Both of them fell asleep, knowing that they would always be best friends.

The end.
jasam4ever25
Posted: Jul 5 2008, 01:43 PM

Unregistered

Cute
Laina
Posted: Jul 5 2008, 04:04 PM

Unregistered

Thanks, I'm glad that you liked it.
gargoyles42
Posted: Jul 13 2008, 04:42 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

That's really cute! i like it!

--------------------
user posted image
Banner thanks to Meghan
user posted image
Banner thanks to GHFan.
user posted image
Banner thanks to Jessica.
Laina
Posted: Jul 14 2008, 05:01 AM

Unregistered

Thanks for reading and reviewing. I'll try to have another fic soon.
gargoyles42
Posted: Jul 14 2008, 01:34 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Laina @ Jul 14 2008, 05:01 AM)
I'll try to have another fic soon.

Great! I can't wait!

--------------------
user posted image
Banner thanks to Meghan
user posted image
Banner thanks to GHFan.
user posted image
Banner thanks to Jessica.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options Quick Reply

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0430 seconds · Archive

Created by OverTheBelow of Creative Concepts and Sith Designs.