InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Reaper Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Forum:  Smartphone App Recommendations
Spectre
Posted: Apr 7 2012, 08:28 PM

Aspiring FPS God
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 37

Hey guys, i've noticed the forums have been a bit inactive recently so i thought i'd try to start some kind of topic for conversation - and i landed on smartphone apps.
I don't know who out of everyone has a smartphone, but i figured it'd be a good idea if anyones downloaded any cool apps to post them on here and let us know a bit about them.

When you post, please state...
The Name of the App - as it appears on the market place / what you type to search for it
Platform - eg. Apple, Android
Cost

as well as a brief description about it smile.gif
Nemesis
Posted: Apr 9 2012, 06:11 PM

-RS- Server God
Group Icon

Group: Council Member
Member No.: 73

All Android:-

3G Watchdog Pro - counts your data in/out on your phone. Very, very good.

Angry Birds - obviously. Ad-free version is less than 1

Car Locator - fixes a GPS lock when you leave your car (works with a bluetooth kit to know when the car's turned off and automatically records your location). Costs a few pound if I recall.

Cloud Print - allows you to print to a printer connected to your PC that has Google Chrome installed, from anywhere in the world. Free.

ES File Explorer - allows browsing of files on phone and also on LAN/FTP sites/Internet. Can't recall price, but very useful

Evernote - the best note-taking app there is. Free.

Friendcaster Pro - alternative to Facebook app and is far better. Costs about 1.50 I think and well worth it.

K-9 Mail - alternative to GMail client. Free.

Google Maps - Free.

n7player - currently in beta, but blows away any other music player. Free at present.

Prey - secures your phone / remotely lock/wipe/activate things on it. Free.

Sickipedia - access to Sickipedia collection of 'dubious jokes' laugh.gif Free.

SoundHound - phenomenally good at listening to snippets of music and telling you who it's by etc. Ad version is free, but pro version is a couple of pound.

Steven
Posted: Apr 9 2012, 07:40 PM

Steven
Group Icon

Group: Reapers
Member No.: 133

Awesome thread, Spec biggrin.gif After Neil's extensive coverage it's hard to add something! biggrin.gif
PM
Spectre
Posted: Apr 9 2012, 10:39 PM

Aspiring FPS God
Group Icon

some very good apps there Neil cool.gif

A couple i've got which are fairly good...

OMGPop Draw Something - Android and Apple
The guy who designed this app recently sold it for 150 million which goes to show apps are definitely the present and future of money making!
In principle, it is a game where you and another person take it in turns to draw something that represents a word (essentially Pictionary for those who know it) each round you get 3 words which you can choose and attempt to draw for your buddy. you can connect using facebook and play with facebook friends or you can play random games. for each word you guess correctly/your partner guesses correctly, you earn coins. These coins can be used to unlock colours to assist in your drawings. Depending on ability you can get some pretty inventive stuff. Personally I draw like a 3 year old, but here are some examples of what talented people can do smile.gif

Draw Something Gallery

Instagram - Android/iphone
was in the news recently as it was sold to Facebook for $1 Billion!! ninja.gif
Is basically an app where you can upload photos which you've taken on your phone and share them with other instagram users. they also have some pretty cool filters which you can use... a lot of people favour the vintage looking filters ive noticed smile.gif
DocMartin
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 10:58 AM

A reaper 4-life
Group Icon

Member No.: 30

Dropbox - android:

Photo's,... are directly transfered to your pc without having to connect through USB. *Free*

Drag Racing - oowww, thats a game... tongue.gif
Spectre
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 12:16 PM

Aspiring FPS God
Group Icon

QUOTE (DocMartin @ Apr 11 2012, 10:58 AM)
Drag Racing - oowww, thats a game... tongue.gif

I had that on my old phone cool.gif

Look for Gun and Blood - practice your skills for Angel Falls laugh.gif
Steven
Posted: Apr 12 2012, 04:59 PM

Steven
Group Icon

All these apps are awesome biggrin.gif Thing is, app management in Android sucks ass - on my Gratia, if I don't manually shut down apps in Settings after active usage, the battery is drained within hours by the unused stuff hanging in the background wink.gif
PM
Spectre
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 10:30 PM

Aspiring FPS God
Group Icon

Angry Birds! - Cross platform

Everyone in the smartphone world has probably heard of angry birds. you basically fire birds at loads of pigs conveniently hidden amongst structures. Simple but fun game cool.gif

There are loads of different versions... i've been playing Angry Birds Space... finding the gravity quite a challenge biggrin.gif
Steven
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 09:00 AM

Steven
Group Icon

QUOTE (Spectre @ Apr 22 2012, 11:30 PM)
Angry Birds! - Cross platform

Everyone in the smartphone world has probably heard of angry birds. you basically fire birds at loads of pigs conveniently hidden amongst structures. Simple but fun game cool.gif

There are loads of different versions... i've been playing Angry Birds Space... finding the gravity quite a challenge biggrin.gif

Angry Birds... biggrin.gif I played it on the train to and from the Swedish Lapland when I went on my hiking trip - and uninstalled it right before arriving back home biggrin.gif It's too dangerous to have it at hand at all times, makes you an addict! tongue.gif laugh.gif
PM
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.4232 seconds | Archive