Skin created by Shatoyarn. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Galaxy Angels II. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Welcome To Galaxy Angel II Forums
Site Infomation

GA-Blue-Ray
ANNOUNCEMENTS

Will fix this code to start adding things here.
Useful Links

TB.NET
GA-Wiki

Pages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Anime Conventions
Liddo-kun
Posted: Sep 4 2011, 08:55 AM

Come on everyone
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 3

Welcome to G.A forum's anime convention thread. This is a thread dedicated to talking about anime conventions that members have visited.

Thread rule:

1. Please post only about conventions that you have actually visited / attended.

--------------------
Liddo-kun
  Posted: Sep 4 2011, 09:24 AM

Come on everyone
Group Icon

Here's one to start:

Otaku Fest 2011, held at SM Megamall Megatrade Hall on Sept 3-4
I was present on day 1. Got there at 11 a.m, and stayed till 9 pm (closing time). One thing that I liked about it is the fact that the event doesn't have a heavy presence of mainstream anime like Naruto and Dragonball. Instead, there are mostly newer anime there like Hidan no Aria, Index, Madoka Magica, Ore no Imouto, etc.

Have a lot of pics so I will be grouping them to those taken at the event itself, and those that I took a day after.

Pics taken at the convention.

Banners - there are several of them if you look up.

user posted image . user posted image

Figurines - they're at the center displayed at a long table. People can come to take pics. The ones at the table aren't for sale. But there are some for sale inside boxes nearby.

user posted image . user posted image . user posted image

Sketches - there are several members of Deviantart website present seated just alongside the figurines table. They have a selection of small pics, if there's one you like, they offer to sketch it for a small fee.

user posted image . user posted image . user posted image . user posted image . user posted image

Costumes - gothic lolita costumes by Devangelic, some are really cute. It's free to try them out.

Magazines - there are various anime magazine being sold near the Devangelic booth. And rather cheap too at 60 to 100 pesos each. There's literally a small mountain of them there. Bought some, will show later what I bought. smile.gif

Singing contest - most of the singers who joined are good. But my favourite is this girl who sang Anata ga Ita Mori (Fate/ Stay Night ending theme) - it's either she's native japanese speaker or she practiced a lot because she sang the song almost perfectly. bigeyes.gif

user posted image

Cosplay - of course a convention won't be complete without the cosplayers. There's so many of them on that day. The girl with the apple is one of the first that I met, saw her as I ascended up the escalator, I don't know who / what she's cosplaying but she's friendly so I took some pics. Actually, one of the things that made the day good is that everyone seems to be in a cheery mood, I swear that I didn't see a grumpy face at all on that day. The Toradora cosplayers, girl with green kimono, girl with bunny ears, and Haruhi are some of those that I saw in the evening (a time where most people are already tired), but they're still smiling in front of cameras. ^^

11 a.m to 4 p.m

user posted image . user posted image . user posted image . user posted image

Evening.

Kpop dance contest. - well, there's this dance contest in the evening where groups of dancers show their skills. Hard to describe, but it's still fun even if it's Korean music that's used for the contest. People were cheering so loud for their favourite groups. laugh.gif

Pics taken after getting home.

Madoka Magica - Bought a few Madoka related items. The Kyubey hat looks squished, but it actually takes up a good shape once someone's wearing it.

user posted image

Hamster pin - this pin is the first item I bought upon entering the Megatrade Hall. smile.gif

user posted image

--------------------
~ChAoS~
Posted: Sep 10 2011, 05:09 PM

ヘ(゚∀゚ヘ)
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10

I wish a convention would be near my place but everytime i need to at least drive 5+ hours .... that'S so mean!! :/

@liddo:

the hamster in is so cute!!! i want one too!! XD

--------------------
user posted image
|Osu!|Last.fm|MyDramaList|MyAnimeList|Twitter|ShijiSuru-Lyrics|
>>!!There are times where i'm not so much online because of work!!<<
Liddo-kun
Posted: Sep 11 2011, 08:33 AM

Come on everyone
Group Icon

@Chaos

Thanks, You're the first to reply here.

Yeah, it's cute. You should have come with me to the convention.
It's just too bad we are in different countries. rb_innocent.gif

Ok, here's some more items that I managed to get. smile.gif

Maid pin - given to me by a maid at the maid cafe there. It's a real maid cafe with real food, and real massage while eating. Not kidding. It was a really good experience for me, every maid there is cute! ^^

user posted image

Ore no Imouto calendars and pin - these cards have calendars at the back. The calendars are hard like credit cards, so it's fine to take them on your wallet. Can't resist not to buy after seeing Kirino and Kuroneko.

Bunny ears, headphone and stuffed toys - can't resist not to buy them. rb_special02.gif

user posted image

Otaku Expo 2011 souvenir shirt - no convention experience is complete without a shirt. I bought one of course. smile.gif

user posted image

Doujins - most of them are original work by people from Deviantart who were present on that day. They're sold cheaply at 30 pesos each so I bought some as souvenirs.

user posted image

Ticket and orange wrist strap - kept my ticket as souvenir, and the wrist strap too. Once you buy a ticket, they give you a strap. As long as you have it, you can freely go in and out of the megatrade hall. No need to buy another ticket if you go out and then want to go in again, just show the strap to the guard so he let you in.

user posted image

Bookmarks - really cute, can't resist not to buy, The Madoka Magica ones are sold at 50 pesos a pack, each pack has all 5 mahou shoujo in it. smile.gif

user posted image

Anime magazines - saw Victorique and I have to buy. Also bought one with Kirino as cover. ^^

user posted image

Drawing on cardboard art - this is being sold by a little girl there, she's the youngest one at the art tables but her drawings are good too. She colored the one I posted here using crayons.

user posted image

Kyubey pin - want to make a contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

user posted image

--------------------
~ChAoS~
Posted: Sep 11 2011, 02:13 PM

ヘ(゚∀゚ヘ)
Group Icon

i hate to be so far away XDD

you've got great souvenirs!!

onw i want to make the time run faster to jump into a plane and fly to japan to get much more of those things!!!! *_*

--------------------
user posted image
Liddo-kun
Posted: Sep 12 2011, 07:54 AM

Come on everyone
Group Icon

Thanks. I just got lucky that Madoka Magica is present at the convention.
Yeah, anime conventions held in Japan are probably even more exciting.

Anyway, I'm hoping that other people whould post about their experiences on this thread too. It's better if more people tell stories. smile.gif

--------------------
~ChAoS~
Posted: Sep 12 2011, 01:11 PM

ヘ(゚∀゚ヘ)
Group Icon

right i wonder how they are in japan biggrin.gif

i hope for more stories biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Liddo-kun
Posted: Sep 17 2011, 09:10 AM

Come on everyone
Group Icon

Attended another anime convention today, Sept 17.

Best of Anime 2011.
A 2-day event held at SMX Convention Center.
It's a larger event than Otaku Fest 2011.

I'm present on the first day, and it's my first time going to SMX as well.
Went up I think three floors by escalator. Even on the ground floor there are many people because a Book Fare is being held on the same day.

At the third floor, the cosplayers are already present.
First one I saw is someone cosplaying Suigintou from Rozen Maiden, and then someone cosplaying Madoka. The Madoka cosplayer is a chinese girl.

The system of this con is different from Otaku Fest. We buy little green tickets, then someone takes the ticket and someone stamps ink at your wrist. I didn't know the ticket would be taken away so I was not able to take a souvenir pic of it..
As usual, I will be grouping the pics on those taken at the con, and those taken after getting home. So let's get started. smile.gif

I now enter the main convention area.

Pics taken at SMX

Origami (japanese paper art).

Various hats made by Chikara Hats and Otaku Gear.

user posted image . user posted image .

Shooting game.

I got curious and approched the table. The woman in charge said I need to knock down targets with a toygun (three bullets) to gain a prize. I paid 25 pesos. Hit a target on my first try, but she says the targets at front are only there to block and knocking them down doesn't count rb_whacked.gif I try again and hit targets again. At the last bullet, I hit the stand of the target instead of the target, the target fell down though. I think that hitting the stand doesn't count, but she says it's counted. And I get to take home a K-On poster, K-On stickers and Shakugan no Shana stickers. laugh.gif

Level-up booth.

user posted image

Played Ragnarok Online years ago, so seeing their booth has a nostalgic feeling for me. I bought one item as souvenir. The man even gave me pass for some free game time. It's too bad I don't play anymore.

Pins

user posted image

Hard to see the pins right now on the pic. But I swear they're cute.
I bought some, will show later.

Earmuffs and various accesories.

user posted image

Bunny stuff toys.

user posted image

I bought one. Going to give it as Christmas present for someone.

--------------------
Liddo-kun
Posted: Sep 18 2011, 09:24 AM

Come on everyone
Group Icon

As I've said on an earlier post. This is a larger convention than Otaku Fest. There are more cosplayers present this time. And there's even a cosplay contest in the evening.

Let's start with a Card Captor Sakura cosplay. smile.gif

user posted image

Chibi Madoka.

user posted image

Hatsune Miku (pink version? rb_special02.gif )
Sorry, pink cosplayers tend to catch my attention. And she's one of the cuter cosplayers I've met too.

user posted image . user posted image . user posted image .

Unknown robot cosplay, seems to be from an 80's anime.
I think his costume is good though.

One more unknown robot.

user posted image

Taiga cosplay. She's one of the cuter ones too.
I noticed too late that my camera was out of focus on almost all her pics. /sadpanda

user posted image . user posted image .

Chii cosplayer? I saw her selling some items near the Devangelic booth,
She's pleasant to talk to, so I bought something from her.

user posted image

Band performance.

At around 5 pm before the singing contest there's a performance by one of the bands. Name of the band is Himitsu Hayiki (not sure if I heard Hayiki the right way). Their vocalists are very good, it's like japanese is their first language. First song they sang is Shana 2nd opening theme, suddenly. my tiredness from walking around all day was gone! *not kidding

user posted image

One of their members is a judge for the singing contest. smile.gif

Singing contest.

There are many constestants, but there's this one girl that caught my attention.
Her real name is Pauline, but her nickname is Fuyu. I was surprised, she sang Aozora no Namida (from Blood + anime) so nicely. It's like electricity went through my body while listening. msnkaospinkusagi48sv2.gif

user posted image

Can someone please tell me what anime she's cosplaying? I think it might not be from Blood+, she later carries a black umbrella with a head of black cat on top of it.

--------------------
~ChAoS~
Posted: Sep 18 2011, 09:51 AM

ヘ(゚∀゚ヘ)
Group Icon

it looks so great!!!! i wanna go tooo!!!! i wish i could use a teleporter or something similiar!!!

the pics are really nice, and it's really hard to see the pins but well i just imagine them hehe

i like the earmuffs!!! i think i need some for winter this year! it's already cold here now....

EDIT:

i like the taiga cosplay most!! she'S cute!!

--------------------
user posted image
Liddo-kun
Posted: Sep 19 2011, 10:27 AM

Come on everyone
Group Icon

Cosplay Contest, it started around 5:30 pm that day.

Each time a cosplayer goes up on stage, the theme of the anime that he / she is cosplaying would be played. For example, if someone is cosplaying Victorique is walking on stage, Gosick opening theme would be the backround music. And most of the cosplayers don't just walk around the catwalk, they say lines from the anime, swing swords, jump around, etc.

Fujisaki Nadeshiko cosplay (Shugo Chara).
She's the first one up on the stage, and did some tricks with a baton, like a cheerleader. I wasn't able to take her pic on stage, but I took one before she went there. She insisted to hold a Shugo Chara magazine if I'm going to take her pic. ^^

user posted image

Victorique cosplay (Gosick)

She's a tall cosplayer, so I think it isn't so fit for her to cosplay Victorique.
But she walked well on stage, very confident. smile.gif

user posted image

HALO cosplay

user posted image

Zoids cosplay. I watched Zoids but I don't know this green tiger robot,
Found out later that the person inside is a girl. She must like the anime a lot because she moved around the stage with her hands and feet.

user posted image

Death Saurer cosplay (Zoids), another Zoids cosplay. He's actually too big to walk on stage! The first pic is during the competition, hard to focus because I'm at the back. He later walks around after the contest (2nd pic), and I'm finally able to take a good pic. I once had a toy Death Saurer, so seeing the cosplay has a nostalgic feeling.

Hikaru Shidou cosplay (Magic Knight Rayearth)

user posted image

Archer cosplay (Fate/Stay Night), "I am the bone of my sword. Steel is my body and fire is my blood.. He actually said those lines on stage, good performance. I'm an FSN fan. laugh.gif

user posted image

Unknown anime - she's one of my favourite cosplayers that night, and she sang Aozora no Namida (BLOOD+ opening theme) at the singing contest too. She carries a black umbrella with head of black cat on top of it. She also said something like "you're not worthy being my opponent" something like that. cool.gif

user posted image

Cloud cosplay (Final Fantasy)

user posted image

War Machine cosplay

Hatsune Miku cosplay.

user posted image

Batman cosplay , his cosplay is entertaining to watch. It seems they acted out a scene from the movie. He's fighting someone and this person later shoot him with a bazooka. laugh.gif

user posted image

Tiger and Bunny cosplay

Well, that's all the pics I have from the cosplay contest. smile.gif
They are posted in the order which the cosplayers appeared (starting from the top).

--------------------
~ChAoS~
Posted: Sep 20 2011, 01:58 PM

ヘ(゚∀゚ヘ)
Group Icon

really nice cosplays!!

and i agree with the victorique,it should be a small girl doing the cosplay xDD

i wonder why so many people are cosplaying miku, i don't like her...and her voice.....xDDD

--------------------
user posted image
Liddo-kun
Posted: Sep 21 2011, 07:06 AM

Come on everyone
Group Icon

Thanks. There's a good Saito cosplay (Zero no Tsukaima) who also joined the contest. Blue-white jacket with sword. but I was reloading batteries when he's on stage. After the contest I did not see him anymore. Sorry, I thought you might have enjoyed to see that because you watched ZnT sometime ago.

After the cosplay contest, there's another band performace.
The group's name is "Sagashimono". Not familiar with the anime songs that their vocalist sang, but their performance is good so it was a fun experience. I was among those shouting "one more song please, there's still time!!" bigeyes.gif XD. The songs that they sang are mostly from Ao no Exorcist (anime). And one song from supercell (a japanese band).

user posted image

I went home a happy person that day. ^^

Will post pics of items that I bought tomorrow.

EDIT:

If you will go to an anime con. I hope you post pics too. kaos-hellokitty09.gif
I'm interested to see how anime conventions are done in Germany.

--------------------
Liddo-kun
Posted: Sep 22 2011, 09:06 AM

Come on everyone
Group Icon

Here are the last pics.

K-On poster and stickers. Shana Stickers. - these are prizes I won at the shooting contest.

Various anime magazines - includes Shugo Chara, Umineko, Madoka Magica, Kimi no Todoke, Amagami SS. And many more.

Pins - sold by Kim (girl in black cosplay on an earlier post). I think they're cute. smile.gif

Don't known what it's called - bought it from the Chii cosplayer. She opens and closes her eyes when I move the item. Cute. rb_special02.gif

Pins - saw them in another booth. When I was bout to go home in the evening. Bought some to add to souvenirs.

user posted image

Various accessories - Panda hat, Bunny earmuffs and Kitty band.

user posted image

Otakuzine mascot - well, the magazine responsible for Otaku Fest also has a booth. And they have cardboard depictions of their cute mascot on top of their magazine piles. I wanted to take one home as souvenir. Guy in charge said they aren't for sale, but instead they are free each! For each magazine I bought they gave one. Anything cute is worth taking home. Hauu. kaos-hellokitty10.gif

Origami (paper art) and Ran cellphone strap. - the Cranes at the Origami booth were unfortunately not for sale, so I bought two stars instead as souvenirs. The Ran cellphone strap was not easy for me to acquire because the booth owner are chinese, hard to talk with them. I persisted and managed to finally manage to get one.

user posted image

Stuff toy - bought one, and probably going to use it as Christmas present. Pic taken at the side of my bed. ^^

user posted image

And lastly, just to show what they stamp this on your wrist. You present a ticket, they tear ticket and give you the mark. Took pic before I washed it off after getting home.

user posted image

It's possible that there's going to be another convention this October.
Going to post pics if I'm able to attend it. smile.gif

--------------------
~ChAoS~
Posted: Sep 22 2011, 12:59 PM

ヘ(゚∀゚ヘ)
Group Icon

QUOTE (Liddo-kun @ Sep 21 2011, 12:06 PM)
The group's name is "Sagashimoto". Not familiar with the anime songs that their vocalist sang, but their performance is good so it was a fun experience. I was among those shouting "one more song please, there's still time!!"  bigeyes.gif XD. The songs that they sang are mostly from Ao no Exorcist (anime). And one song from supercell (a japanese band).

i love the songs from ao no exorcist!! (and the anime is great to!!!!!!)

EDIT:
If you will go to an anime con. I hope you post pics too.  kaos-hellokitty09.gif
I'm interested to see how anime conventions are done in Germany.

of course i will!! i wonder when the next con is but i think it's next year, most of the time it's in summer (july-august) and that'S over XD

Various anime magazines - includes Shugo Chara, Umineko, Madoka Magica, Kimi no Todoke, Amagami SS. And many more.

user posted image

i want that!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pins - saw them in another booth. When I was bout to go home in the evening. Bought some to add to souvenirs.

user posted image

i wish i could get the one with kuroneko kaos-hellokitty10.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Liddo-kun
Posted: Sep 24 2011, 10:56 AM

Come on everyone
Group Icon

If only we were in same country, I could have lent you the magazines. kaos-pinkusagi03.gif

Oh, and one last thing.
I've found out what who my favourite cosplayer was cosplaying.

Unknown anime - she's one of my favourite cosplayers that night, and she sang Aozora no Namida (BLOOD+ opening theme) at the singing contest too. She carries a black umbrella with head of black cat on top of it. She also said something like "you're not worthy being my opponent" something like that.  cool.gif

user posted image

She's cosplaying as Rachel Alucard from Blazblue. smile.gif
The reason I had difficulty finding out is because Blazblue is a game, not an anime.
[spoiler]user posted image
[/spoiler]

--------------------
Liddo-kun
Posted: Nov 12 2011, 09:30 AM

Come on everyone
Group Icon

I've visited another anime convention today.
Just got home. Really tired but quite happy too.

Got some items, good music from Sagashimoto (music band), and plenty of pics.
Will sort things out and post some pics maybe by next week. smile.gif

EDIT:

Need a little more time to post pics.

--------------------
Liddo-kun
Posted: Nov 14 2011, 08:45 AM

Come on everyone
Group Icon

UP Ame Monogatari
One day event held at World Trade Center (near Sm Mall of Asia).
Arrived there at at approximately 2 pm, and I stayed till past 8 pm.

user posted image

Saw cosplayers almost immediately upon entering the convention area. smile.gif

Haruhi cosplay:

user posted image

user posted image

She's a tall girl and one of the prettier cosplayers I've seen that day.

Taiga cosplay:

user posted image

Death-Saurer cosplay:

user posted image

I suspect that he / she is the same Death-Saurer cosplayer that I've seen at a previous convention (Best of Anime 2011). This time though, the costume is improved. He / she can walk faster and the hands move more realistically now.

People cosplaying characters that I don't know. ^^

user posted image

user posted image

Arguably among the cutest cosplay I've seen for the day.
These two girls holding teddy bears look like dolls.. omg.gif

user posted image

Some "attractions" at the convention.

Tanabata

user posted image

Write your wish on paper and tie it to the branches.
Maybe your wish come true? smile.gif

Sumo match.

user posted image

Play a friendly game of sumo with other anime fans.

Some item booths, one of them is even named Omochikaeri Toy Shop. rb_lol.gif

Now, lets move on to the good stuffs. kaos-hellokitty10.gif

I saw "Sayaka" selling keychains, and of course I want to buy some.
But the 1000 peso bill I have is too large for her to be able to give me a change, so I bought some things first from another store. I rushed back to Sayaka's booth and bought a set of Keychains (will show later!).

user posted image

She thank me for buying and in turn I ask politely if she could pose holding her sword, told her I'm a fan of PMMM. She agreed. Well, maybe she thought Sayaka in anime is serious when holding sword? Because all pics I took of her with sword have serious facial expression. But she's really a pleasant person to talk to and smile a lot when not holding the sword.

user posted image

There's a pocky stand near Sayaka's booth and I bought two boxes.
Boxes are in the fridge, I haven't eaten any yet. smile.gif

user posted image

And for the love of goddess Madoka, I FORGOT to buy the Kyubey stuffed toy that I saw at one of the item booths there. Curses. kaos-pinkusagi11.gif

user posted image

Later that day I also saw someone cosplaying Homura-chan. msnkaos-pinkusagi28.gif

user posted image

Concert time.

At late afternoon I listen to a performance by Sagahimono (name of band). Their vocalist is really good. She sang "Fuwa Fuwa Time", a song from K-On!!. It's like my tiredness has gone away. It's unfortunate that I wasn't able to record the concert with the video function of my digicam. But if I see their band again on next convention I will surely record a vid! : msnkaos131234.gif

user posted image

Someone recorded one of their previous concert and posted on youtube.
I was there among the audience because I also attended Best of Anime 2011 msnkaospinkusagi48sv2.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWq1sNKFsoc&feature=related

Stuffs that I bought from the convention.

Pocky.

user posted image

Keychains bought from Sayaka. laugh.gif

user posted image

user posted image

Bears.

user posted image

Well, that's all.
I hope my report isn't too boring.

--------------------
Nemu
Posted: Nov 30 2011, 11:16 PM

Group Icon

Member No.: 94

The two girls with the teddy bears do look like dolls! They're adorable. O.O What characters were they cosplaying? I love their hair.

As for the Madoka Magica key chains, I really love the Homura one.*-*
~ChAoS~
Posted: Dec 1 2011, 05:41 AM

ヘ(゚∀゚ヘ)
Group Icon

Liddo you'Ve got so many great pictures!!!

i wish i could go too!!!

@nemu
so you like homura too huh?

that's great me too!! biggrin.gif

i want to have the key chain.....i'm so jealous!! XD

--------------------
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Other Anime Stuffs | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2594 seconds | Archive

Credit:
Banner and Board Statistics Buttons etc: To all Admins thank you for all your support and help!!
Galaxy Angel USA Radio Broccoli Official Home Page BBI G.A Manga GunGhoGams Galaxy Angels II TBO GA-Wiki Broccoli Miraculousfate