Platnimonium skin created by Justin. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Anti Circumcision. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

sort=3&o=7' alt='' />

"German" circumcision
Primetime
Posted: Mar 26 2008, 04:32 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 5

What does it really mean? Do German men get a quarter or half of there foreskins cut off? I havent met any men that have the "style" of circ I have. I have seen a couple of pics but I have no clue if they are from Germany LOL. My mom told me the Dr. who did it was from Germany but there is nothing on the net that has any mention of this so call butchering.
attismum
Posted: Mar 26 2008, 04:38 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Until you mentioned it, I hadn't heard it used before. It sounds to me like you have a traditional religious circumcision. In European Jews and Muslims, usually only the "overhang" is removed. Of course this does still remove the rigid band but it usually leaves a lot more skin and often the frenulum intact. As German's are very rarely circumcised (see my post on the German circumcision in the law section), I'd imagine that your doctor only ever saw religious circumcisions, so performed what he knew.
Primetime
Posted: Mar 26 2008, 07:55 PM

Well coming from a catholic family all my cousins had tighter circs done than me. I guess you could say I lucked out from not getting totally butchered
attismum
Posted: Mar 26 2008, 08:06 PM

Administrator

A couple of Popes have flat out said that circumcision is against God's will. There's no requirement in any form of the Christian faith for circumcision.

Catholics Against Circumcision

Bible passages opposing circumcision
raheem
Posted: Apr 4 2008, 04:11 AM

Member No.: 16

I am not a catholic

But that is great to see some of the Popes and other christians are against it.. This gives me some more fuel because alot of ccatholics i know are for it..

am checking out those links now!

Thanks!!!
attismum
Posted: Apr 4 2008, 03:22 PM

Administrator

QUOTE (raheem @ Apr 4 2008, 05:11 AM)
I am not a catholic

But that is great to see some of the Popes and other christians are against it.. This gives me some more fuel because alot of ccatholics i know are for it..

am checking out those links now!

Thanks!!!

Exactly what we're here for biggrin.gif

If you come against an argument that you need information or proof for, check here, we'll probably have a link. If we don't, ask me and I will do my best to get you one fast.
Jacob Rambin
Posted: Apr 9 2008, 02:46 AM

Unregistered

I'm seriously very very impressed with the link system. Its a real treasure trove.
Hugh7
Posted: May 21 2008, 04:08 AM

Member No.: 24

QUOTE (Primetime @ Mar 26 2008, 04:32 PM)
What does it really mean? Do German men get a quarter or half of there foreskins cut off? I havent met any men that have the "style" of circ I have. I have seen a couple of pics but I have no clue if they are from Germany LOL. My mom told me the Dr. who did it was from Germany but there is nothing on the net that has any mention of this so call butchering.

"German" style refers to conventional circumcision that leaves the whole glans exposed, like a German military helmet (from the time of Kaiser Wilhem). It is used in places like the Philippines, where other styles, like a dorsal slit, are common. Circumcision is rare in Germany.
Primetime
Posted: May 22 2008, 03:59 AM

Well the only time my glans is fully exposed is when I am erect. When I am limp just the tip sticks out as I have a pointy glans. I still have skin mobility when erect. I know german rarely circumcise. It just strange how I was circumcised and this is what I was told. The scar goes as far back as to more than half way down when I retract my leftover foreskin all the way back. I still have my frenulum and like I said before when limp I look intact except the tip sticks out. smile.gif
urchin
Posted: Jun 17 2008, 03:11 AM

Member No.: 32

primetime, i would like to point out that foreskins come in all lengths and sizes. i have noticed in my 5+ years in the anti-circ movement that there is a sort of obsession or misconception that a healthy foreskin is long with much overhang. just as circ fetishists have their favorite "styles", it seems intactivists have their own aesthetic - based on the fact that (they are most likely american and) they have had little real life encounters with the intact adult male member, also, many famous greek and roman artistic artifacts depict the male with a very long prepuce. though you say you had a more mild circumcision, you actually may look well within the realm intact. my partner, who is happily intact, has absolutely no over hang and the prepuce only covers 3 quarters to one half of the glans at any given time. i wouldnt worry so much about your appearance, im sure you would fool most.

just some food for thought.
-urchin
chrism86
Posted: Sep 8 2008, 01:23 AM

Member No.: 44

that's right attismum smile.gif
thanks for posting and being aware of these issues (now if only I can get my church and friends to understand)
Tbone
Posted: Oct 8 2008, 11:41 PM

Member No.: 46

I have what has been referred to as a German circumcision. My dad was stationed in Heidelberg during the Vietnam conflict, and I was born in a US Army hospital there (and cut by a German doctor shortly thereafter). As genital mutilation goes, I got off fairly lucky. It's pretty loose and my frenulum is still intact. I'm currently restoring, and the loose cut and intact fren meant I got a jump-start on the process.

-Tbone
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options sort=3&o=7' alt='' />

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3560 seconds | Archive