Platnimonium skin created by Justin. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Anti Circumcision. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

sort=3&o=7' alt='' />

CNN story about infant circumcision pain study, i am hoping to find the ACTUAL study.
joelface
Posted: Jun 12 2008, 09:08 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 13

does anyone know where i could find the actual study, as i'm writing a paper for my anthropology class, and i feel this could be a great source for making my point, if only i could find the actual study to cite from.

thanks in advance, if anyone could help me in any way.

here is the story i'm referring to:

http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/9712/23/circumcision.anesthetic/

paper is due in 4 days, but even if you can't find it before then, i'm still interested. tongue.gif

EDIT:
STUDY
Tyrannophobe
Posted: Jun 12 2008, 10:55 PM

Member No.: 4

you could try contacting some of the people mentioned, or the author, or the hospitals mentioned. they might know.
attismum
Posted: Jun 12 2008, 10:59 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I tried googling some elements from it but came up with just a bunch of random stuff.
joelface
Posted: Jun 13 2008, 12:12 AM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Tyrannophobe @ Jun 12 2008, 10:55 PM)
you could try contacting some of the people mentioned, or the author, or the hospitals mentioned. they might know.

unfortunately i wasn't able to find an email address to a particular person, in order to contact someone about that particular story.

after looking at the link, could you find a particular author i might email about it?

if not, thats okay, i might just try to cite the cnn story as a source, although it might not hold as much weight, being that its 2nd hand information. hmm.
attismum
Posted: Jun 13 2008, 01:31 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (joelface @ Jun 13 2008, 01:12 AM)

unfortunately i wasn't able to find an email address to a particular person, in order to contact someone about that particular story.

after looking at the link, could you find a particular author i might email about it?

if not, thats okay, i might just try to cite the cnn story as a source, although it might not hold as much weight, being that its 2nd hand information. hmm.

I think your best bet is this guy's office.

Dr. Arthur Gumer of Northside Hospital in Atlanta

He's quoted and the report is from Atlanta.
Tyrannophobe
Posted: Jun 13 2008, 03:23 AM

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (joelface @ Jun 12 2008, 08:12 PM)

Medical Correspondent Dr. Steve Salvatore

closest i could find.
painfulquestioning
Posted: Jun 13 2008, 12:55 PM

Member No.: 28

The study the article refers to is here:
http://www.cirp.org/library/pain/lander/

The way the article is written is a little misleading since it didn't actually name the study authors despite using pronouns to refer to the study authors, and despite the location being listed as Atlanta, the study was done in Canada by Dr Janice Lander of the University of Alberta. Dr Gumer of Atlanta was just asked for comment, he didn't have anything to do with the study.
joelface
Posted: Jun 15 2008, 08:06 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (painfulquestioning @ Jun 13 2008, 12:55 PM)
The study the article refers to is here:
http://www.cirp.org/library/pain/lander/

The way the article is written is a little misleading since it didn't actually name the study authors despite using pronouns to refer to the study authors, and despite the location being listed as Atlanta, the study was done in Canada by Dr Janice Lander of the University of Alberta. Dr Gumer of Atlanta was just asked for comment, he didn't have anything to do with the study.

thank you SO much. tongue.gif
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options sort=3&o=7' alt='' />

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1104 seconds | Archive