Contact | Subscribe Home | News | Reviews | Features | Columns | Podcast
Ani-Gamers :: www.anigamers.com

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Ani-Gamers. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Register an account NOW!
(Due to spam, I am now requiring Admin verification for new accounts. SEND ME AN EMAIL to confirm that you are human!)

Del.icio.us

Official Seal of Nerd 2007 Nominations, You pick 'em, we vote 'em
Vampt Vo
Posted: Dec 23 2007, 02:04 PM

SUPREME NERD COMMANDER at your service!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Well, the end of the year is upon us, and if you haven't already, check out the Official Seal of Nerd 2007 homepage. This thread will serve as a center for nominating titles as winners for 2007's OSoN awards.

When posting your nominations, please write the title, media (anime, game, etc.), console (in the case of games), if it is licensed in the U.S./Europe (in the case of anime or manga), and if you are nominating the Japanese release or licensed version. (In the case of something like Haruhi, the Japanese one can be nominated for 2006, but in 2007 only the licensed American one can be)

For anime that is not complete yet in Japan, it should only be nominated if it has around 7 or less episodes left before completion.

Try to avoid nominating doubles please. Have fun, and feel free to discuss your choices or the OSoN awards themselves.

This post has been edited by Vampt Vo on Dec 28 2007, 01:09 AM
Vampt Vo
Posted: Dec 26 2007, 11:05 PM

To start us off, here's some nominations from me as an example for you all (there is not actual set limit for nominations, but try to keep it below 10):

Anime:
-The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (licensed)
-Le Chevalier d'Eon (licensed)

Manga:
-(I didn't actually read much manga this year, so no nominations here)

Games:
-Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
-BioShock (Xbox 360)

Consoles:
-Xbox 360

This post has been edited by Vampt Vo on Dec 28 2007, 01:07 AM
Yumeka
Posted: Dec 27 2007, 06:42 PM

N00B!

Group: Member
Member No.: 41

Anime:
-The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (English version)
-Code Geass (season 1) (Japanese version)
-Seirei no Moribito (Japanese version)
-Romeo x Juliet (Japanese version)

Manga:
-(I don't read much manga so no votes)

Games:
-Pokemon Diamond and Pearl (English version) (Nintendo DS)
-Wario Ware: Smooth Moves (English version) (Wii)

Consoles:
-Wii (US release)

I'm a bit confused about what you would consider a 2007 anime title as opposed to 2008. For example, you voted for Gundam 00 but only a few episodes have aired in 2007 and the series won't be finished until 2008, so it seems like it should be a 2008 title. I'm also watching other currently airing series' such as Clannad and Dragonaut but those too won't be finished until 2008 so I'm not sure if I should vote for them among this year's titles or wait until next year.
Vampt Vo
Posted: Dec 28 2007, 01:07 AM

Good point. I think we should keep them classified as 2008, unless the series is really close to completion. So Gundam 00, which isn't even halfway finished, should be disqualified, but Ghost Hound, which is at episode 9 out of 13, will be qualified. After all, we post our official decisions in early 2008, so Ghost Hound and similar shows will have finished or been close to finishing by then.

(I'll edit the OP and my nominations to reflect this change)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1255 seconds | Archive

| About | Contact | Newsletter | F.A.Q. | Link to Us/Affiliation | Site Policy | Site History | Staff | Links | Work for Us |

Site designed by V-squared Studios. All site designs 2008 Evan Minto. All anime and video game pictures, characters, titles, company names, etc. are their respective owners.