zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Ancient Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Ancient Legion regrets to inform we have closed our doors.
It has been a good time, guys!

New TopicNew Poll

New Sig
Coolmage
Posted: Jul 30 2008, 06:51 PM

The Coolest Mage
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 194

Check this bad boy out finally a good signature smile.gif

--------------------
PM
Necroswordia
Posted: Jul 31 2008, 07:21 AM

Former High Council member
Group Icon

Group: Retired Member
Member No.: 154

That siggy is awesome! laugh.gif

The only problem, I think, Is that the "mess with the rest, die like the rest!" we almost can't read it.

--------------------
Previously known as: Necroswordia and DookPlunkIdiot, RS Username: Necroswordia
user posted image
Please warn me if my new signature is too big
PM
orichocos
Posted: Jul 31 2008, 10:34 AM

Unregistered

QUOTE (Coolmage @ Jul 30 2008, 06:51 PM)
Check this bad boy out finally a good signature smile.gif

Decrease the lighting effect around the "Mess with he best, die like the rest". The jokers hair has to much contrast, so also decrease that a bit, and try using a different program, it looks a lot like you did it in paint. And save it as a GIF, or else it will get those annoying dots, like the ones that are on the jokers jacket. And those lines in the background, make them transparent, so it doesn't look like the joker has 2 white scars on this face. Other than that its good.
U R Dead Nao
Posted: Jul 31 2008, 12:12 PM

Group Icon

Member No.: 163

it could use some help but i think its straight ;]

i still havnt seen that movie yet o.O

the GIMP is a good program also, if you dont already know about it. Google it if you havnt.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
user posted image
Paz e Amor!
%mh%5%mh%
PM
Coolmage
Posted: Jul 31 2008, 08:46 PM

The Coolest Mage
Group Icon

I didn't make it someone did for me tongue.gif and if you want better quality you use .png not .gif

--------------------
PM
orichocos
Posted: Aug 1 2008, 08:31 AM

Unregistered

QUOTE (Coolmage @ Jul 31 2008, 08:46 PM)
I didn't make it someone did for me tongue.gif and if you want better quality you use .png not .gif

Ok Coolmage let me show you the basic cause you have no clue of what you are talking about...

Coomage take your seat!!

GIF - Stands for Graphics Interchange Format, I swear I know this and didnt have to look it up. You use GIF, to save your images so it has better quility in when seen on site, it also allows the gradient to work properly, also shading, lighting, and etc.

PNG - Portable Network Graphics, is to be used only!!! in a Animation, which includes animated signatures. And I dont see the joker moving...So please dont give out wrong information to the Teacher.

You are suspended for being a NOOB! J/K
Jamesino
Posted: Aug 1 2008, 10:17 AM

Group Icon

Member No.: 142

QUOTE (orichocos @ Aug 1 2008, 08:31 AM)
QUOTE (Coolmage @ Jul 31 2008, 08:46 PM)

Ok Coolmage let me show you the basic cause you have no clue of what you are talking about...

Coomage take your seat!!

GIF - Stands for Graphics Interchange Format, I swear I know this and didnt have to look it up. You use GIF, to save your images so it has better quility in when seen on site, it also allows the gradient to work properly, also shading, lighting, and etc.

PNG - Portable Network Graphics, is to be used only!!! in a Animation, which includes animated signatures. And I dont see the joker moving...So please dont give out wrong information to the Teacher.

You are suspended for being a NOOB! J/K

Orichocos, maybe you should get your facts straight before telling other to do so.

You are correct in saying that GIF stands for "Graphics Interchange Format." Despite being a lossless compression, it uses a palette of only 256 colours in a 24-bit RGB space. 256 colors is no where near enough to accurately represent color.

PNG however, is both a lossless compression and supports up to 48-bit truecolor. In addition, PNG is able to deliver many more transparency options that GIF. Coolmage is correct in saying that PNG will provide an output of much higher quality than GIF, however, sometimes at the expense of larger file sizes.

PNG DOES NOT SUPPORT ANIMATIONS. GIF does support animations.

An intermediate between the two format is JPEG.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
Coolmage
Posted: Aug 1 2008, 11:00 AM

The Coolest Mage
Group Icon

Jamesino beat me to it, have you ever tried to save an animation as .png? IT WON'T BE ANIMATED!

Orichocos stick to web design, GFX is not your thing

--------------------
PM
Necroswordia
Posted: Aug 1 2008, 11:32 AM

Former High Council member
Group Icon

Member No.: 154

Yes, a GIF is an animated picture.
If you had a choice between PNG and JPG for coolmage's siggy, I would've chosen JPG, but PNG would've also work

--------------------
Previously known as: Necroswordia and DookPlunkIdiot, RS Username: Necroswordia
user posted image
Please warn me if my new signature is too big
PM
orichocos
Posted: Aug 1 2008, 12:49 PM

Unregistered

QUOTE (Coolmage @ Aug 1 2008, 11:00 AM)
Jamesino beat me to it, have you ever tried to save an animation as .png? IT WON'T BE ANIMATED!

Look who is talking, a person who asks for a signature, and my information is correct, i dont care what noobs say.

Orichocos, maybe you should get your facts straight before telling other to do so.

You are correct in saying that GIF stands for "Graphics Interchange Format." Despite being a lossless compression, it uses a palette of only 256 colours in a 24-bit RGB space. 256 colors is no where near enough to accurately represent color.

PNG however, is both a lossless compression and supports up to 48-bit truecolor. In addition, PNG is able to deliver many more transparency options that GIF. Coolmage is correct in saying that PNG will provide an output of much higher quality than GIF, however, sometimes at the expense of larger file sizes.

First of all James STFU!! Stop putting words in my mouth, I said in my original post that you should save it as a GIF!! Second of all I was responding to coolmages response saying my correct information. PLUS!! Coolmage signature was made in JPEG...SO STOP THE BS!!

Coolmage here is your origin of your signtaure...
http://db-rs.com/upload/files/2/coolmage.jpg
Jamesino
Posted: Aug 1 2008, 04:30 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (orichocos @ Aug 1 2008, 12:49 PM)

Look who is talking, a person who asks for a signature, and my information is correct, i dont care what noobs say.

First of all James STFU!! Stop putting words in my mouth, I said in my original post that you should save it as a GIF!! Second of all I was responding to coolmages response saying my correct information. PLUS!! Coolmage signature was made in JPEG...SO STOP THE BS!!

Your information is clearly not correct. This is a trivial matter; anyone with half a brain inclined towards graphic design would know that would you said was not correct. Just go on Google and search it up and you will find a resounding amount of material contradicting what you said.

What words did I put in your mouth?

So what if his signature was made in JPEG? JPEG is a very popular image compression format and either that or PNG is how his signature should be saved. You told him to save it as a GIF, which would not be a good idea because GIF does not support enough colours.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
orichocos
Posted: Aug 1 2008, 05:15 PM

Unregistered

QUOTE (Jamesino @ Aug 1 2008, 04:30 PM)

Your information is clearly not correct. This is a trivial matter; anyone with half a brain inclined towards graphic design would know that would you said was not correct. Just go on Google and search it up and you will find a resounding amount of material contradicting what you said.

So what if his signature was made in JPEG? JPEG is a very popular image compression format and either that or PNG is how his signature should be saved. You told him to save it as a GIF, which would not be a good idea because GIF does not support enough colours.

Look I dont have time to correct you NOOB (brands spy)
Jamesino
Posted: Aug 1 2008, 05:42 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (orichocos @ Aug 1 2008, 05:15 PM)
QUOTE (Jamesino @ Aug 1 2008, 04:30 PM)

Look I dont have time to correct you NOOB (brands spy)

Well, here I've found it for you:

http://www.w3.org/QA/Tips/png-gif

Straight from the W3C website.

Why are you so stubbornly silly? Or are you just too embarrassed to admit that you are wrong? You being wrong if a fairly common occurrence, surely by now you must have gotten used to it.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Clan GFX | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options New TopicNew Poll

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive