zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Ancient Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Ancient Legion regrets to inform we have closed our doors.
It has been a good time, guys!

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) New TopicNew Poll

Golden is leaving (part 2)
Golden arm42
Posted: Jul 6 2008, 06:42 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Ok, guys, itís time for a change. Iím officially announcing my departure from the clan. When I created the second clan, it was entirely with the intention of turning it into a sub-clan for AL. But, as soon as it was created, I get attacked from a half-dozen members asking ďwtf are you doing????Ē (How do you possibly have the audacity to make a sub-clan to the clan that youíre co-leader of?) Then, without even giving me a chance to clarify the situation, you launch into a personal attack saying that I lied to you about having real-life stuff going on. Obviously, you have no idea what is going on.
For this entire summer, Iíve been putting everything I have into this clan. I get Ĺ dozen PMs a day, create polls, maintain forums, find events and wars for us to do, and what is my thanks? I get attacked for the smallest detail, whether itís who we fight in clan wars, or organizing a sub-clan that you guys just assumed meant I was leaving. At the same time, Iím giving up my own life. Iím studying for AP exams, working on two research projects, continuing Italian and math, playing all-star level baseball, meeting with friends, and yet I somehow, at expense of these things, found time to keep the clan going. But I can tell you what: it hurts deeply for you guys to treat me the way you do when I had been putting this level of time into it. And you can say, ďPut more into the game, noob. Youíre just a level 69 who should be freaking kicked from the clan because youíre a noob.Ē And, now, after 1/3 of my summer is gone, Iíve realized something very important: itís just a game! Iím not going to let a game, or anything related to it, interfere with my real life. Itís as simple as that.
This isnít to say, though, that I wonít miss not being part of the clan anymore. Iíve had lots of happy experience in AL. Iíd like to sincerely thank the people have been genuinely kind and great (wonít name names, but I know and these people know). And I hope that AL goes far and achieves the very best things in Runescape. However, itís simply not for me anymore. My new clan (I guess it is that now, but I can tell you 100% that it wasnít meant to be) would be honored to have AL as an ally. If you want, I can keep showing up for ALís wars. Itís entirely up to you.
I may be flattering myself to say this, but please donít let my departure tear apart the clan. Although I wonít be in the clan anymore, I still care about it and want it to do great things.
Iím confident that AL will continue to be a top-notch clan under Lambís leadership (I know you guys donít hate him). Iím sad to be leaving under these terms, but I wish you the very best in the future.

--Golden

Some pics:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

Formerly known as Golden arm42
PM
coolmage
Posted: Jul 6 2008, 06:49 PM

Unregistered

yeah working on a second clan is stupid and a waste your crying cuz your wasting your summer with this clan so why you making another one?
magik man262
Posted: Jul 6 2008, 07:04 PM

Unregistered

QUOTE (coolmage @ Jul 6 2008, 06:49 PM)
yeah working on a second clan is stupid and a waste your crying cuz your wasting your summer with this clan so why you making another one?

[/QUOTE]

After All He's Done For The Clan And You Say This ?

Quite Frankly , Im Ashamed To Be In The Same Clan As You Atm ....
coolmage
Posted: Jul 6 2008, 07:06 PM

Unregistered

He is saying that this clan is too much work and that he needs to take time off for real life issues I understand that but then he makes a new clan huh.gif
ancients own man
Posted: Jul 6 2008, 07:08 PM

Unregistered

.............golden noob u cant be leaving me..... i have never criticized u noob...umm... besides calling u noob..dont let the opinions of few make u leave...
orichocos
Posted: Jul 6 2008, 07:17 PM

Unregistered

Well why wouldn't we get mad?

You first tell us you would leave the clan for a while because of person problems. To tell you the truth I really believed you.

But then reading that you made a second clan, without anyone knowing it. You didn't even bother, telling us, discussing it with us.

And you said it yourself, you wasted your time putting time into the clan. You could have left and say you wanted to start your own clan. AND I KNOW I SHOULDN'T BEING SAYING THIS SINCE I CONSIDERED MYSELF IN LEAVING but it feels like:

YOU KNEW THAT THE CLAN MIGHT NOT LAST, SO YOU DECIDED TO MAKE A NEW ONE IN SECRET...NO ONE WOULD KNOW ABOUT IT. NO ONE WOULD QUESTION YOUR DESICIONS SINCE ANCIENT LEGION IS NO MORE. THE SIGNS ARE ALL AROUND US, WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME AT LEAST 20 PEOPLE WENT TO WAR?

Im sorry if I am acting this way toward you, but it seems thats they way it it.

-Orichocos
coolmage
Posted: Jul 6 2008, 09:02 PM

Unregistered

I agree with you orichocos, if you could of told us about your second clan none of this would have happened, plus the screenies that you took were just parts who knows what the rest said so grow up, what did you expect us to think if you left the clan without telling anyone and made a new one? What we were just gonna say good job seriously stop with the drama and trying to make us feel bad for you I'm pissed right now I'm almost thinking about leaving....
Welhard64
Posted: Jul 7 2008, 03:58 AM

The one and only brother
Group Icon

Group: Clan Friend
Member No.: 59

Good luck in the future Golden. wub.gif

Guys give him some sympathy, it's hard to run a clan of this status. wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. (Elbert Hubbard )
PM
magik man262
Posted: Jul 7 2008, 04:21 AM

Unregistered

Welhard ... 100% agree with what you say
Treel Wolf3
Posted: Jul 7 2008, 05:12 AM

Unregistered

golden people were confused by your sub clan and thought you were leaving , it kinda seemed like that because you said you were taking a break, i didn't but people may have thought you tricked us and created a clan and could do it undercover by saying you were taking that break. the criticism you got was very harsh and they didn't let you explain fully what i said was it was a bad idea and i don't want you to waste your time witch is why your leaving now maybe if you think this is just a stupid game why did you make a unnescary cln and do the website and recruitment topic you realy should have disscussed it with us it's partly your fault that you are leaving but members shoudn't have said anything if they didn't understand the situation. your a good guy goodluck in life

btw coolmage your post is realy uncool
magik man262
Posted: Jul 7 2008, 05:18 AM

Unregistered

cool and orichos , its becasue of people like you that hes gone dry.gif angry.gif
Lamb Bug
Posted: Jul 7 2008, 07:05 AM

Founder
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Listen, Orichocos. If Golden wants to leave, then he can leave. You said something about how this clan might not last. The pull to the Faded Souls war was our best pull ever. Golden also never even thought of forming a new clan until two days ago. Also, to the Faded Souls war, we would have pulled 20, because the fight started a few minutes early and me, you and Welhard would have been there by 3:00.

In any case, Golden was not attempting to do anything in secret.

--------------------
user posted image

OMGWTFBBQSAUCE
PM
coolmage
Posted: Jul 7 2008, 08:16 AM

Unregistered

guys i'm trying to be nice here I can get mean...
FiveBrain
Posted: Jul 7 2008, 08:54 AM

How many brains do you have?
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 24

QUOTE (Welhard64 @ Jul 7 2008, 03:58 AM)
Good luck in the future Golden. wub.gif

Guys give him some sympathy, it's hard to run a clan of this status.  wink.gif

100% agree dude. We are starting to get up there with the better 60+ clan, not the best, but getting up there. We can't have people flaming our leader if we want to be succesful... So just let him take his break, he'll be back in a few weeks...
Oh and Golden thanks for all you do for the clan

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Thanks Dylan!^^^^^
My Blog!!! Clicky pl0x %mh%8%mh%
PM
Star
Posted: Jul 7 2008, 09:22 AM

Group Icon

Group: Inactive Member
Member No.: 101

this is sad to me, im gonna miss you lots golden
this was a freakin goodbye ok, not a freakin flame
war, so oricho and cool about this stfu, you
dont know what your saying, you have no clue
how much work was put into this clan, you have
no reason to be that ungrateful
anyways cya around golden, hope you do show at
a couple of wars biggrin.gif

~Star

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | News | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  New TopicNew Poll

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive