Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Ancient Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Ancient Legion regrets to inform we have closed our doors.
It has been a good time, guys!

Add ReplyNew Topic

Menagerie, Familiar Controls and Butlers, 18th August 2009
Lit
Posted: Aug 18 2009, 03:48 PM

Pixel Wizard
Group Icon

Group: Warlord
Member No.: 631

First off, all combat familiars will now follow you into a fight much more promptly. Weíve also updated the Summoning status globe (the button near the minimap) so that you can configure what happens when you left-click on it. One of the many options will allow you to send your familiar into action against an NPC (or another player on a PvP World) with just one quick click.

If you want a place to keep your pets, you can now do this with a new room for Construction - the menagerie. Itís a pet-owned house to complement your player-owned one, if you will, in which you can store a number of fully grown pets of any kind. You could create a haven for all three god birds, for instance, or build your very own little dragonsí den.

While weíre on the subject of houses, your butler has learned when itís time to talk and when itís time to get on with it. So, when you are training and need the same materials you just used, you wonít need to explain what youíre after. If they come back from the bank with logs, you can send them straight to the sawmill. And if the butlerís payment is due and you donít have any money on you, they can fetch it from your bank the next time you send them there. They also follow you around unless told otherwise. Other features include a ĎMake-xí option for flatpack furniture and teleport tablets, and some options for the Teleport to House spell. You can set the spell to deposit you outside your houseís portal or into your house (with building mode switched on or off). More details for these updates can be found on the Knowledge Base.

Mod Fetzki
Head of RuneScape

In other news...

All longswords, as well as the rune and dragon scimitars, have received a slight graphical adjustment, as well as having their inventory icons modified to match.

In a similiar fashion to Soul Wars and the Fishing Trawler minigames, we've added an activity bar to the Great Orb Project. As expected, your activity is maintained when contributing, but if the bar drops too low you'll be removed from the game.

IMO it's time for JaGEx to make some real updates...

This post has been edited by Lit on Aug 18 2009, 03:49 PM

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
PM
King Arthur
Posted: Aug 18 2009, 04:05 PM

FEAR ME!
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 440

> If you are talking about F2P uptades, yes. you are right. If you are talking about P2P updates, allowing players to own the three god birds is a heck of an update, as well speeding construction training.

--------------------

user posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted image

PM
Gameguy535
Posted: Aug 18 2009, 06:21 PM

Group Icon

Group: Event Coordinator
Member No.: 835

yeh we need more quests and a new skill wouldnt hurt

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Lit
Posted: Aug 18 2009, 06:24 PM

Pixel Wizard
Group Icon

Group: Warlord
Member No.: 631

MMG said the next skill was going to be F2P. Though there are many more urgent things like Attack Potions, Quests, and new Minigames.

Arthur, I can't really say if the P2P updates are good or not, simply because I don't test them, and I'm not affected by them directly either. So most of the time I don't care much.

--------------------
PM
King Arthur
Posted: Aug 18 2009, 07:03 PM

FEAR ME!
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 440

> I want to know more about this new skill happy.gif

--------------------

user posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted image

PM
stingster2
Posted: Aug 18 2009, 07:54 PM

Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 984

i have no real care for these updates seeing how i dont do construction. and i dont use any other thing tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
%mh%6%mh%
PM
Icewolf68
Posted: Aug 18 2009, 10:29 PM

Bow down before your superior wolf!
Group Icon

Group: On Leave/Vacation
Member No.: 523

For some reason, I think Taverly area will soon be open to F2pers, as well as Herblore... Just a feeling I have. Not all herblore stuff, but some

The Menagerie's pretty cool, I have a lava habitat and 10 pets in there tongue.gif they roam the house just like the butler tongue.gif its cool!

ice

--------------------

Trophy Cabinet
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted image
user posted image
%mh%9%mh%
kindofsleepi
Posted: Aug 20 2009, 05:48 PM

Unregistered

yay that would be awesome wolf
Donovan Kays
Posted: Aug 20 2009, 08:15 PM

Let's get AL back to it's former glory.
Group Icon

Member No.: 313

yea lol the pets walking around the house is cool but my house sucks some1 give me a good outline for all the rooms nao nao nao omg 0mg

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
%mh%5%mh%
PM
[LTH]-emad
Posted: Aug 22 2009, 11:00 AM

hellbound worshipper
Group Icon

Group: Lethality Member
Member No.: 511

QUOTE (Donovan Kays @ Aug 20 2009, 08:15 PM)
yea lol the pets walking around the house is cool but my house sucks some1 give me a good outline for all the rooms nao nao nao omg 0mg

As a responce to your reply, my dear friend, my eyes have seen that cactus's are more and more aware that us, humanity, are becoming a threat to their existance and perduration in The Earth.
Now as I was revolving around this theory and idea ocurred to me. What if cactus's were the actual creators of our beloved planet Earth? What if we, human kind, are nothing but plain pieces of paper flying in the air beeing blown by mighty beeings which disguise themselves as what we know as "cactus's".
Thus it may sound somewhat strange, I believe the day in which cactus's will rebel against us is near. We must be prepared.. We cannot let cactus's take away what we, humanity, have created!
Unite, my dear friend, with us against the battle that is yet to come.

you showed me your house yesterday and it looked pretty good lol

--------------------

user posted image<3
PM
Dylan
Posted: Aug 22 2009, 08:18 PM

Proud to be Australian
Group Icon

Group: Clan Chat Moderator
Member No.: 772

what.... the... fu........!?!?!?!?!

--------------------
user posted image

SICK MATE 9 FOR SENIOR
Sick Mate 9
Posted: Aug 23 2009, 04:50 AM

RSN: Sick Mate 9, Y2 Sick Mate
Group Icon

Member No.: 323

QUOTE (Icewolf68 @ Aug 18 2009, 10:29 PM)
For some reason, I think Taverly area will soon be open to F2pers, as well as Herblore... Just a feeling I have. Not all herblore stuff, but some

The Menagerie's pretty cool, I have a lava habitat and 10 pets in there tongue.gif they roam the house just like the butler tongue.gif its cool!

ice

hmm that would be sweet. im gonna go to house parties and see who has em. should be a ball.

i also wanna know more about these F2P st00fs.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
thanks for siggies dylan! :D
Kerkennah
Posted: Aug 30 2009, 02:22 PM

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
Group Icon

Group: High Council
Member No.: 444

I had how how the scimatar looks now sad.gif I'll get used to it.

--------------------
user posted image
jack 3109
Posted: Sep 4 2009, 10:57 AM

Unregistered

i ve got a butler but they pointlessdont do much waste of one really
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Official Runescape News | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options Add ReplyNew Topic

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive