zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Ancient Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Ancient Legion regrets to inform we have closed our doors.
It has been a good time, guys!

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Runescape Video Making Contest
Icewolf68
Posted: Aug 13 2009, 02:22 AM

Bow down before your superior wolf!
Group Icon

Group: On Leave/Vacation
Member No.: 523

Something really cool was posted on the runescape homepage 2 days ago, however since it wasn't an "in game" update, it wasn't a featured update so a lot of people didn't really notice.

Here's the contest:

Did you know that “RuneScape” is one of the top five terms searched for on YouTube? As such, we like to check out the latest films made by the many RuneScape movie boffins out there. They’re so good, in fact, that we’ve teamed up with one of RuneScape’s most talented machinima (films made with game engines) masterminds, TehNoobShow, to launch a competition to seek out the most entertaining player-made RuneScape video known to humankind. The rules are simple: create an original video short (around two minutes) that’s both entertaining and creative, in the RuneScape game.

The competition launches today, and you have until the closing date of 25th August to submit your videos on the YouTube website. When the entries are in, Andrew, Mark Gerhard and some video-hungry members of the Community Management team will then shortlist five finalists. Those five videos will then feature in a RuneScape weekly poll, allowing the community to choose their favourite.

The video with the most votes will be declared the winner and will receive an all-expenses-paid trip to Jagex Games Studio, from wherever they are in the world, and, once here, they will get to meet the developers and creative types that bring RuneScape to life. We’ll then send them off with an armful of signed Jagex goodies. The four runners-up will bag some membership, autographed t-shirts, mugs, mouse mats, mice and other stuff.

Please note that all videos must be made within RuneScape (live action isn’t machinima), and must be submitted via YouTube. We cannot accept entries sent to the Postbag or Gallery email. For a full list of rules and conditions, and to see an example video from TehNoobShow, subscribe to our YouTube page at www.youtube.com/runescape. If you’ve a question about the competition or are looking for some tips on making your own video, check out this forum thread. We can’t wait to start checking out the contents of your creative brains.

Mod Paul M
Community Management

The Runescape video for this (Click here for the vid) states that the runners up all get lifetime memberships!

I'm sure a lot of you would find it really lame with the "touring the Jagex HQ" and stuff... But personally, I've always wanted to go to the UK. I've only been in 2 countries my whole life (being Canada, and USA), and would love the chance, even if it is a long shot smile.gif

I completed about 1/4 of my video entry today. I'm not giving much away, but I can tell you it involves the Jonas Brothers and a gruesome chicken slaying scene smile.gif

ice

This post has been edited by Icewolf68 on Aug 13 2009, 02:23 AM

--------------------

Trophy Cabinet
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageuser posted image

user posted image
user posted image
%mh%9%mh%
Tom
Posted: Aug 13 2009, 02:26 AM

Scared? You should be!
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 923

Cody, if you need me again, just ask happy.gif

Im happy to help you get a free trip to the UK and get that lifetime membership. smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image

Alex
Posted: Aug 13 2009, 02:35 AM

Combat 111 (P2P) 103 (F2P)
Group Icon

Group: High Council
Member No.: 465

Lol, guess who is gonna win that thing, Sosolid2k or TehNoobShow no doubt. (They been making rs videos for Machinima for a while now) Maybe others if they are lucky or me tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Alex on Aug 13 2009, 02:37 AM

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Luv List v1.0 |Lit, Kerk, Arthur, Jss, Deasth, Nick, Kevin, Mat, Faint, Pura, D12, Duplo, Jaal, Ice, Ani, Tom and of course Imso!|
PM
Icewolf68
Posted: Aug 13 2009, 02:36 AM

Group Icon

ohmy.gif just thought I'd add this... Look at the address bar.... This is the 5k topic milestone smile.gif

ice

--------------------

Trophy Cabinet

user posted image
user posted image
%mh%9%mh%
Icewolf68
Posted: Aug 13 2009, 02:50 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Alex @ Aug 13 2009, 02:35 AM)
Lol, guess who is gonna win that thing, Sosolid2k or TehNoobShow no doubt. (They been making rs videos for Machinima for a while now) Maybe others if they are lucky or me tongue.gif

Tehnoobshow has already said he will not be participating as
1.) He's on the judging panel
2.) Jagex mentioned him in the news address, giving him major publicity/subscribers!
3.) Everyone knows he would win tongue.gif

Sosolid2k's videos aren't really comedic, are they? The top 5 are decided on by Mod MMG, Andrew Gower, Tehnoobshow and a few others, and I highly doubt they will accept the top named youtubers like Maxboison, Sosolid, etc. unless their video is completely outstanding tongue.gif

ice

--------------------

Trophy Cabinet

user posted image
user posted image
%mh%9%mh%
Alex
Posted: Aug 13 2009, 05:16 AM

Combat 111 (P2P) 103 (F2P)
Group Icon

Member No.: 465

QUOTE (Icewolf68 @ Aug 13 2009, 02:50 AM)
QUOTE (Alex @ Aug 13 2009, 02:35 AM)

Tehnoobshow has already said he will not be participating as
1.) He's on the judging panel
2.) Jagex mentioned him in the news address, giving him major publicity/subscribers!
3.) Everyone knows he would win tongue.gif

Sosolid2k's videos aren't really comedic, are they? The top 5 are decided on by Mod MMG, Andrew Gower, Tehnoobshow and a few others, and I highly doubt they will accept the top named youtubers like Maxboison, Sosolid, etc. unless their video is completely outstanding tongue.gif

ice

I was gonna remove TehNoobShow tongue.gif
At least if someone in AL wins, give me membership pl0x?
Well, I just was choosing someone as examples. tongue.gif

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Luv List v1.0 |Lit, Kerk, Arthur, Jss, Deasth, Nick, Kevin, Mat, Faint, Pura, D12, Duplo, Jaal, Ice, Ani, Tom and of course Imso!|
PM
Dylan
Posted: Aug 14 2009, 01:04 AM

Proud to be Australian
Group Icon

Group: Clan Chat Moderator
Member No.: 772

<3 tehnoobshow

--------------------
user posted image

SICK MATE 9 FOR SENIOR
Animal
Posted: Aug 14 2009, 07:23 AM

Mwuahahahaha! ...meow.
Group Icon

Member No.: 534

QUOTE (Icewolf68 @ Aug 13 2009, 02:22 AM)
I completed about 1/4 of my video entry today. I'm not giving much away, but I can tell you it involves the Jonas Brothers and a gruesome chicken slaying scene smile.gif

ice

Not the chickens! You foul beast! scared.png

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Runescape/clan discussion | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive