Create your own social network with a free forum.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Ancient Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Ancient Legion regrets to inform we have closed our doors.
It has been a good time, guys!

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Aussie Wars, Because we care about them!
Lit
Posted: Jul 24 2009, 11:12 AM

Pixel Wizard
Group Icon

Group: Warlord
Member No.: 631

The title explains everything pretty much. I'm suggesting that we make 2 wars per weekend, one GMT/EST time and one Aussie time. These Aussie Wars would be at 1 am OCT, great time for Aussies to come but still probable many other members come too, seeing as these would be on Friday/Saturday.

The only inconvenient I see is we'd need to find a clan to war. I'm sure many clans have Australians so we could probably arrange something with TPL and Lethality, maybe?

Post your thoughts. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Lit on Jul 24 2009, 11:13 AM

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
PM
Kerkennah
Posted: Jul 24 2009, 01:15 PM

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
Group Icon

Group: High Council
Member No.: 444

Yes, I agree, we have to implement this into our warring. But 1 am OCT still seems to be an early time for Aussies. But I guess its the best we can do, we could also set wars at 11am OCT or even 12am OCT. These would be a good time for both GMT and for Aussies. There are some Australian Clans, so we could war those.

This post has been edited by Kerkennah on Jul 24 2009, 01:15 PM

--------------------
user posted image
King Arthur
Posted: Jul 24 2009, 01:31 PM

FEAR ME!
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 440

> Nice idea Lit. If leaders approve, I'll start skimming the Clan Lists for Aussie clans happy.gif

--------------------

user posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted image

PM
Tomas_Speed
Posted: Jul 24 2009, 01:32 PM

Scared? You should be!
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 923

Yes, I agree, we have to implement this into our warring. But 1 am OCT still seems to be an early time for Aussies. But I guess its the best we can do, we could also set wars at 11am OCT or even 12am OCT. These would be a good time for both GMT and for Aussies. There are some Australian Clans, so we could war those.
+1 to this... alot easier for me to come online at 11/12 oct than at 1am cuz 1am to me its 2am dry.gif

Also animal is always complaining about this and hes right... this needs to be done for the aussies biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Tomas_Speed on Jul 24 2009, 01:32 PM

--------------------
user posted image

Golden
Posted: Jul 24 2009, 02:15 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

Member No.: 1

When I schedule wars, I tend to go for the utilitarian view on life advocated by John Stuart Mill -- that the best approach is the one that works for the most people. Although it's a shame that Aussies can't make many of our wars, the fact remains that the times we do have are convenient for almost all of our members. An occassional early war is reasonable, but I don't think it's practical to make wars, in general, that late. Eastern timezone is a stretch, and Euros couldn't come period. sad.gif

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

Formerly known as Golden arm42
PM
Lit
Posted: Jul 24 2009, 02:27 PM

Pixel Wizard
Group Icon

Group: Warlord
Member No.: 631

QUOTE (Golden @ Jul 24 2009, 04:15 PM)
When I schedule wars, I tend to go for the utilitarian view on life advocated by John Stuart Mill -- that the best approach is the one that works for the most people.  Although it's a shame that Aussies can't make many of our wars, the fact remains that the times we do have are convenient for almost all of our members. An occasional early war is reasonable, but I don't think it's practical to make wars, in general, that late.  Eastern timezone is a stretch, and Euros couldn't come period. sad.gif

I don't tend to make all of our wars that late, we would be making 2 wars per weekend (one EST time, one Aussie time). It's mainly so everyone can enjoy what this clan is about: warring. It could also improve our warring experience pretty much since I myself could attend both wars, and I believe many people could as well.

If we keep doing 1 war/weekend we'll never move on. We'll keep being a low level warring clan without much warring experience. Many of our members haven't ever been to a war! Animal has been here for half a year and has only gone to a single war, obviously due to time zone problems. Making him join an aussie timezone clan is not the answer. In my opinion it would be a very egoistic solution for a problem that affects everyone, since he, like all Australian members is part of the clan. If we applied this method we'd kill two birds in one shot. *no birds were harmed in the making of this sentence*

This post has been edited by Lit on Jul 24 2009, 03:40 PM

--------------------
PM
Tomas_Speed
Posted: Jul 24 2009, 03:12 PM

Scared? You should be!
Group Icon

Member No.: 923

In my opinion i prefer to come to wars that are start earlier than wars that start late. I dont mind if you guys make 2 of each one... in my opinion you should do 1 that favours our main clan time and other that favours aussie times, but make them so that the rest of the clan can attend too, no point in having aussies in the clan if we cant have some fun with them. happy.gif.

This post has been edited by Tomas_Speed on Jul 24 2009, 03:13 PM

--------------------
user posted image

animal magik
Posted: Jul 24 2009, 06:31 PM

Mwuahahahaha! ...meow.
Group Icon

Member No.: 534

Ily. <3

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Kerkennah
Posted: Jul 24 2009, 06:47 PM

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
Group Icon

Member No.: 444

We really need to have at least 2 wars a weekend

--------------------
user posted image
Golden
Posted: Jul 24 2009, 08:50 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

Member No.: 1

Well, now that Lit is council and has the authority to arrange wars, feel free to get this ball rolling if you're thus inclined. happy.gif

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

Formerly known as Golden arm42
PM
CyberianWolf
Posted: Jul 24 2009, 11:30 PM

Respect is earned, not given away!
Group Icon

Group: Clan Friend
Member No.: 626

QUOTE (Lit @ Jul 24 2009, 01:27 PM)
Many of our members haven't ever been to a war! Animal has been here for half a year and has only gone to a single war, obviously due to time zone problems.
In my opinion it would be a very egoistic solution for a problem that affects everyone, since he, like all Australian members is part of the clan. If we applied this method we'd kill two birds in one shot.

I have to agree completely. This is the reason that I've attended a handful of wars. I just can't make the times we use and we rarely seem to vary the times.
I understand these times are best for the other members, but that doesn't help either me or A.L. ninja.png

This is exaclty why I'm doing my events in two time zones. I'm trying to encompass everyone. Honestly, I've had better results with our "Aussie zone" than with the Eastern time zone. My only concern is being able to draw enough support.

Maybe either Lit or one of our Aussies can "get the ball rolling" and just have our leaders approve.

CWolf cool.gif

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image user posted imageuser posted image %mh%7%mh%
PM
Dylan
Posted: Jul 24 2009, 11:43 PM

Proud to be Australian
Group Icon

Group: Clan Chat Moderator
Member No.: 772

thx Lit <3

i havent been to a single war yet tbh

--------------------
user posted image

SICK MATE 9 FOR SENIOR
Sick Mate 9
Posted: Jul 25 2009, 06:24 AM

RSN: Sick Mate 9, Y2 Sick Mate
Group Icon

Member No.: 323

omg!
lit ily!!!!

best idea ever!

ive only ever been to two wars. and that was from 4am

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
thanks for siggies dylan! :D
animal magik
Posted: Jul 25 2009, 06:24 AM

Mwuahahahaha! ...meow.
Group Icon

Member No.: 534

QUOTE (Lit @ Jul 24 2009, 02:27 PM)
Animal has been here for half a year and has only gone to a single war, obviously due to time zone problems.

7 and a half months. smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Council of Members | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive