zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Ancient Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Ancient Legion regrets to inform we have closed our doors.
It has been a good time, guys!

Add ReplyNew Topic

17th July 2009 - Bounty Worlds (+1 Item)
Kevinsaurus
Posted: Jul 17 2009, 12:15 PM

Zamorak BEAST
Group Icon

Group: On Leave/Vacation
Member No.: 384

With the recent disabling of Protect Item prayers on PvP Worlds, a lot of players feel that we had rendered their high-value weapons (godswords and dragon claws, in particular) worthless. While no changes had been made to the weapons themselves, the amount of wealth you had to risk in order to use those weapons was considered prohibitively high.

We obviously donít want you to feel like your investment is wasted; we appreciate how much work some of you have put into getting those items! But, we also donít want to undo changes that we feel are good for PKing as whole.

So, weíve come up with a way of hopefully achieving both goals. Today we are introducing a new type of Bounty World. These Ď+1 itemí worlds still wonít allow you to use the Protect Item prayer, but, instead, everyone will always keep their most valuable item protected.

On these worlds, to gain drop potential you (as usual) have to be risking 75k (or 25k on a free world). Because you always keep your most valuable item on these worlds, this means you have to risk 75k of items in ADDITION to your always-protected item.

This has the following advantages:

a) It still achieves our original intentions of making it harder to gain drop potential and participate in rewarding combat without actually really risking something;

b) It stops high-value weapons being made worthless and still maintains that type of gameplay for people who enjoy it;

c) Conversely, people who feel the new, more powerful weapons unbalanced PKing, without any risk to the wielder, have a different type of world that they can enjoy too.

NOTE - Our ISP issues have meant that world 32, the planned +1 item Bounty World for free players, is not currently available. We sincerely apologise and hope to get this world back online as soon as possible.

Mod Benny
RuneScape Content Developer

--------------------
user posted image user posted image
user posted image
PM
animal magik
Posted: Jul 18 2009, 01:58 AM

Mwuahahahaha! ...meow.
Group Icon

Group: High Council
Member No.: 534

So much for no more 1 item aye Imso? tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
user posted image

blompty2
Posted: Jul 18 2009, 07:54 AM

Unregistered

This is probaly the first time Jagex have responded to the rants. happy.gif
Golden
Posted: Jul 18 2009, 07:56 AM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Fagex was stupid for eliminating the regular BH in the first place; if it's not broken, don't fix it. dry.gif

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

Formerly known as Golden arm42
PM
Kevinsaurus
Posted: Jul 18 2009, 08:15 AM

Zamorak BEAST
Group Icon

well if they don't fix the problems they make they screw themselves over even more cuz tons of ppl quit, esp. memb pkers whihc means a lot less revenue... i never realized how dangerous bh worlds in p2p were until yesterday lol... some guy froze and barraged me over and over >.>

--------------------
user posted image
PM
Kerkennah
Posted: Jul 18 2009, 11:37 AM

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
Group Icon

Group: High Council
Member No.: 444

Fail no1.gif Oh well, good thing I didn't get 52 prayer yet. Smite is now useless. I bet those worlds are going to be all 1 - itemers.

--------------------
user posted image
Kevinsaurus
Posted: Jul 18 2009, 12:56 PM

Zamorak BEAST
Group Icon

QUOTE (Kerkennah @ Jul 18 2009, 11:37 AM)
Fail no1.gif Oh well, good thing I didn't get 52 prayer yet. Smite is now useless. I bet those worlds are going to be all 1 - itemers.

not true lol everybodyds sitting in level 1 getting ep >.< and there's a hell of fa lot of rangers with dark bows trying to spec out noobs and even more mages in like full mystic trying to barrage or kill ppl... didn't see any 1-itemers... it's like old bh worldls except this time you won't forget to protect pray or run out of pray to protect...

--------------------
user posted image
PM
Joga Bonito
Posted: Jul 20 2009, 02:28 PM

Unregistered

Wow, they disabled protect item on PvP worlds that's a fail in itself...and I just thought PKing was looking similar to a year or so ago with addition of Wilde worlds.
naruto o14
Posted: Jul 26 2009, 01:12 PM

Unregistered

that 1 item couldve made me have a corrupt drop bounty hunter was cool the first way,. no1.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Official Runescape News | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options Add ReplyNew Topic

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive