zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Ancient Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Ancient Legion regrets to inform we have closed our doors.
It has been a good time, guys!

Add ReplyNew Topic

8 July 2009 - Mobilising Armies
King Arthur
Posted: Jul 8 2009, 03:13 PM

FEAR ME!
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 440

Mobilising Armies is a new multiplayer combat minigame, but instead of controlling your avatar you’ll be controlling a whole battalion, deploying your squads with tactical precision and trying to second-guess the intentions of your opponents. There are four different scenarios to play in: Conflict, Siege, Hoard and Rescue. Each presents its own set of challenges, such as building catapults, collecting resources and stealing from your opponents, to name just a few. Don’t worry about finding three other players, though: when you turn up at the command centre the officers will arrange your match for you.

As we all know, war isn’t cheap, so with Mobilising Armies we are introducing a commodity-exchange system. If, after training a skill, you’re left with a lot of commodities that you don’t need yourself (e.g. a surplus of jewellery after training Crafting), you’ll be able to trade them in at the command centre for investment credits, which can then be exchanged for squads and special units, such as cannons, barricades or exploding chinchompas. You can also choose to stake investment credits in an impending battle for a larger payout of reward credits, which can in turn be spent on additional items.

There are a variety of rewards for victorious commanders, including quest kits that let you hold much-needed questing tools in one inventory slot, resource locators that’ll teleport you directly to resources such as mining spots and trees, and “spoils of war”, which are a selection of resources, gold and items that will allow you to train your skills further

Good luck, and enjoy!

Mod Tim, Lead Content Developer, and Mod Maz, Content Developer and Queen of the Squirrels

(For a look at some of the technical challenges we've faced in developing this minigame, take a look at this recent blog post from Andrew, titled Mobilising Armies.)

Summary:
Mobilising Armies can be found south of the Feldip Hills and west of Oo’glog. You can get there using any of the following:

* Spirit trees
* The Mobilising Armies Teleport spell in the standard spellbook
* The Ring of Duelling

There are no requirements to start playing, but to keep playing you’ll need tradeable commodities.

In other news...

We’ve added the ability for you to make notes. To access this new feature, click on the Notes icon at the bottom-right of the screen. This remarkably simple system enables you to leave up to 30 notes for yourself, each of which can be up to 50 characters long.

On a related note, any invalid player names saved in your Friends/Ignore lists have been marked with a *.

We’ve also moved the Summoning interface’s functionality to the Summoning icon next to the minimap – simply right-click on this icon for all your pet/familiar needs. We’re aware this leaves a blank ‘stone’ on the interface; there is another new feature planned to go in that space.

We've added an alternative sitting position when you rest. You can toggle how you sit by clicking rest again to choose your preferred pose.

Zanik's crossbow can now be used with many more varieties of bolts. It seems that it only used a small selection beforehand.

The filter for the quest list will no longer remove quests you've already started.

Summoning scrolls should no longer interfere with special attack energy replenishing.

You can no longer use fairy rings while you are tele-blocked. This seemed a bit inconsistent with other areas of the game.

You can now take familiars over the bridge towards Zamorak in the God Wars Dungeon, so you don't have to dismiss them and then summon them again after crossing.

--------------------

user posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image

PM
Kevinsaurus
Posted: Jul 8 2009, 03:49 PM

Zamorak BEAST
Group Icon

Group: On Leave/Vacation
Member No.: 384

BOOOOOOOOOOOO it's membs... BOOOOOOOO

--------------------
user posted image user posted image
user posted image
PM
Imso Hot
Posted: Jul 8 2009, 04:20 PM

Firepower
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 706

The visual update sucks [BEEP]ing big time thumbdown.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Tomas_Speed
Posted: Jul 8 2009, 05:20 PM

Scared? You should be!
Group Icon

Member No.: 923

Dont know if im going to get flamed for this, but tbh i think it sucks sad.gif

I find it boring and not worth it since it takes a long time and gives no experience (at least that i noticed).

However, the sound track is nice.

But thats just my opinion.

This post has been edited by Tomas_Speed on Jul 8 2009, 05:22 PM

--------------------
user posted image

Dylan
Posted: Jul 8 2009, 09:22 PM

Proud to be Australian
Group Icon

Group: Clan Chat Moderator
Member No.: 772

QUOTE (Kevinsaurus @ Jul 9 2009, 06:49 AM)
BOOOOOOOOOOOO it's membs... BOOOOOOOO

im with you. give us some sht in f2p!!!! dry.gif

--------------------
user posted image

SICK MATE 9 FOR SENIOR
Jss268
Posted: Jul 9 2009, 08:22 AM

Tomas Speed - you shall never be forgotten, i love you <3
Group Icon

Group: Event Coordinator
Member No.: 788

honestly i really thought i was gonna like this game because im somewhat good at strategy games like that... but the game was just kind of boring it'd be better if u could like go into one of those squads and do sumthing but yeah... thumbdown.gif

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image

Kevinsaurus
Posted: Jul 9 2009, 02:16 PM

Zamorak BEAST
Group Icon

Group: On Leave/Vacation
Member No.: 384

and to think for all that while i could sell my hardleather bodies easily but noooooo they use OTHER stuff... >.< garweroewijfoiewf

--------------------
user posted image
PM
Kerkennah
Posted: Jul 9 2009, 10:06 PM

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
Group Icon

Group: High Council
Member No.: 444

I couldn't try this yet, but i heard someone lost 350mill, what the?

--------------------
user posted image
King Arthur
Posted: Jul 9 2009, 10:49 PM

FEAR ME!
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 440

> Yes, and no.
> If you logged out during the tutorial with something on your inventory, it'd disappear. I know people who had a few k's on their inv, and they lost that money. However, now noobs are trying to scam Jagex saying that they had 350m on their inv when they logged out during the tutorial...
> If find it difficult someone just walk around Gielinor with 350m in coins...

--------------------

user posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted image

PM
101laxkid2
Posted: Jul 10 2009, 03:42 PM

Group Icon

Member No.: 669

well, if it costs money they coulda been gettin ready to use it, but still, not 350 mil... although if it was me id probably be lookin to scam jagex too lol

--------------------
user posted imageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

user posted image

user posted image

Finally!
user posted image

Quest master!!!!
goal: 150 quest points, then the qp cape soon after!!!!
Current: 104 quest points %mh%5%mh%
PM
FiveyMan
Posted: Jul 11 2009, 09:36 AM

How many brains do you have?
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 24

God it's soooo boring, I could not get into it at all. Like Jss said it would be better if you could go into the squads or somting like that

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Thanks Dylan!^^^^^
My Blog!!! Clicky pl0x %mh%8%mh%
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Official Runescape News | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options Add ReplyNew Topic

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive