zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Ancient Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Ancient Legion regrets to inform we have closed our doors.
It has been a good time, guys!

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

AL needs your pics!, Recruitment Topic
Lit
Posted: Jun 28 2009, 07:24 PM

Pixel Wizard
Group Icon

Group: Warlord
Member No.: 631

Hey guys. We are re-doing our recruitment topic, and we're planning on adding some pictures of us at events ,wars and such. We need you to send us all the pics you have and that you think represent the clan better (Roach Hunts, KBD Trips, Wars, FOG Events, GWD, etc.). Keep in mind this is for the clan to improve and get more members (hopefully high-levels). tongue.gif

So, post here or PM them to me. wink.gif

This post has been edited by Lit on Jun 28 2009, 11:33 PM

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
PM
Tomas_Speed
Posted: Jun 29 2009, 04:08 AM

Scared? You should be!
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 923

Ok mate, i will make sure i take plenty when i manage to go to an event.

Yeah i know i havent been to any yet sad.gif

This post has been edited by Tomas_Speed on Jun 29 2009, 04:09 AM

--------------------
user posted image

woody lt pk
Posted: Jun 29 2009, 12:01 PM

Unregistered

Ya i ahvent been to an event yet too but tomorrow im going for mole hunting biggrin.gif itll be my 1 biggrin.gif
King Arthur
Posted: Jun 29 2009, 01:22 PM

FEAR ME!
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 440

> I got nice picture, although I had no fire at that time, so it's kinda incomplete:

> Oh, btw. I'm writing the recruitment text/topic. But I need to ask you peeps a question:
> Should I do it more like a "story"-narrative or more like an "we want you"-advert way?

This post has been edited by King Arthur on Jun 29 2009, 02:04 PM

--------------------

user posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted image

PM
Kevinsaurus
Posted: Jun 29 2009, 02:14 PM

Zamorak BEAST
Group Icon

Group: On Leave/Vacation
Member No.: 384

there are too many we want u and this is why were kool and good things nowadays

a story narrative that relates to the clan in an easily understandable way would be much better way to get attention... just make sure its not long

--------------------
user posted image user posted image
user posted image
PM
Runeter2
Posted: Jun 29 2009, 02:14 PM

Combat 111 (P2P) 103 (F2P)
Group Icon

Group: High Council
Member No.: 465

Story! Because it sounds better, and Lit, you can take pictures from my video of the war.

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Luv List v1.0 |Lit, Kerk, Arthur, Jss, Deasth, Nick, Kevin, Mat, Faint, Pura, D12, Duplo, Jaal, Ice, Ani, Tom and of course Imso!|
PM
Lit
Posted: Jun 29 2009, 02:16 PM

Pixel Wizard
Group Icon

Group: Warlord
Member No.: 631

Pictures from a video? The quality will suck. ohmy.gif

And +1 to narrative, you're good at that anyways.

--------------------
PM
Lamb Bug
Posted: Jun 29 2009, 02:32 PM

Founder
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

Narrative = epic fail. We want to show why we are better, not that we have good writers tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image

OMGWTFBBQSAUCE
PM
Kerkennah
Posted: Jun 29 2009, 02:35 PM

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
Group Icon

Group: High Council
Member No.: 444

This is exactly what I'm talking about biggrin.gif I don't think I have any pictures right now sad.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Duplo M
Posted: Jun 29 2009, 02:55 PM

Grim..
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 820

I think narrative would be cool! but arthur you can always make a poll tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
King Arthur
Posted: Jun 29 2009, 02:56 PM

FEAR ME!
Group Icon

> Lol, lamb. It's not a epic. It's a small story. Haven't you ever saw TV ads? They have a quick story depicting wonders and pretty women, and at the end: "Wanna have these? Drink Coke!"

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

PM
Kevinsaurus
Posted: Jun 29 2009, 06:19 PM

Zamorak BEAST
Group Icon

Group: On Leave/Vacation
Member No.: 384

yea lamb, like one of those short 10-30 second narratives... like commercials where 30 seconds take 10 hours to film >.<... it'll be short but to the point... we'll include some WE WANT YOU uncle sam component for ya if u want lmao biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted image user posted image
user posted image
PM
King Arthur
Posted: Jun 29 2009, 08:07 PM

FEAR ME!
Group Icon

... and when the young adventurer opened the castle doors to Ancient Legion's main base, three or four warriors in titanium and ruby trimmed runite armour approached him and said: "We Want You!"

> PS.: Titanium is white.

> BTW, Ima work on the story tomorrow. I'll make a few different versions so you can vote for the best (although all of them will be very good cool.gif )

This post has been edited by King Arthur on Jun 29 2009, 08:18 PM

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

PM
King Arthur
Posted: Jul 1 2009, 06:27 PM

FEAR ME!
Group Icon

> Ok. Take your pick:

As the adventurer approached the gates, his entry was denied by two guards wearing green capes.
- Halt.  Who goes there?
- I am willing to join you. - the adventurer said
- Follow me.
As they crossed the gates, the adventurer could see a huge castle, adorned with golden and silver banners. He could see other knights, archers and some dark-looking wizards walking by, and chatting. The guard took the adventurer to a small building appended to the castle, right next to the castle walls. There, the guard knocked on the door. A knight in a bright red, gold trimmed, armour answered the door.
- Here's a new recruit to our cause.
- Ah. Good to see him. Come, please take a sit while I check your papers.
As the adventurer entered the building, the knight entered a door almost hidden on a corner of the building. A few moments later, he came out with a couple scrolls, which he opened and read carefully, mumbling things to himself, and looking to the adventurer as he were to evaluate the new recruit.
- Our sages say everything it's in order here. So, - said the knight, and as he said that, he opened a drawer, took something from it. Then opened a nearby wardrobe and took a dark purple cape - Welcome, adventurer. Welcome to the Ancient Legion.

---------

The battle raged on as the elves shooted at each other. On one side Lletya elves were shooting semi-invisible arrows, hard to defend from. On the other side, Priffdinas elves were shooting standard arrows, as fast as they could. Not even the bravest of all barbarians or the tougher of all dwarfs, or the smartest of all gnomes or the tiniest of all fairies would dare join the fight on neither side.
The lletyian elves seemed to be barely holding on. But a few moments later, a runner arrived shouting: "They are here! They are here!"
Suddenly, salvoes of arrows appeared out of nowhere, hitting the priffdinian elves hard. As soon as they turned to point their bows on the direction from the arrows came from, white magical roots grew by their feet, rising up to their arms, binding, snaring and entangling them, preventing them of firing for a period of time.
Then, with a war roar, dozens of warriors on dark brown, bright red or polished blue armours charged at the immobilized elves, swiftly breaking their bows, and injuring their ranging arms. As swift as they came, they were gone. The lletyans climbed down from the trees and arrested the priffdinians away. Arianwyn approached a warrior wearing a blue, gold trimmed, armour.
- We, the rebel elves of Lletya thank the Ancient Legion for you much appreciated help. Maybe this might be the first step needed to take over the treacherous elves of Priffdinas.

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

PM
Redeyes2496
Posted: Jul 1 2009, 09:38 PM

RSN: Redeyes2496
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 395

Since I actually read the first one Arthur, I say that one lol. Both are well-written, but I like the first one better.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Clan GFX | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive