Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Ancient Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Ancient Legion regrets to inform we have closed our doors.
It has been a good time, guys!

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) New TopicNew Poll

Last Hope for the Clan, The New Democracy
ancients own man
Posted: Jun 24 2008, 05:08 PM

Unregistered

The idea for a council is now officially closed. I thought that it would be a great way for the clan to grow and expand, but after less than a week, it's turned into a major divisive issue. Therefore, we will not be having a council. Maybe later, when everyone's cooled down.

No Golden you dont get off that easy. You and tech are the two most powerful on the forums and all you're doing is using your power the wrong way. You start a topic like this and close it so no one can voice their opinion? Answer me this Do you honestly want a democracy? I want the true answer on this... I was fine with You and Lamb running things and i was against council at first, but your abusing power atm. With Lamb gone your acting like the owner of this clan. I never thought that YOU would be this hungry for power golden. How are you going to say the council was a divisive issue? It wasnt, it was the way you intervene. How are we suppose to have a democracy if your just gonna intervene anyways? Democracy means for the people, by the people, and from the people. Your just making it For the people. Which in a sense is dictatorship.. Your making the decisions of how to vote FOR us.... Thats why i stand perfectly firm when i say that there should be a checks and balance system. And this is how it would work...

The Regular Members..
They should be able to have control over who is selected in council and have the power of majority veto what the council does in case they do something stupid or make a dumb decision. They should be allowed to vote on whether they agree on coucil descisions, yet the council will be the ones proposing the ideas.

The Council..
The council is voted by the regular members and they are in charge of making sure that the Leader (gold and lamb) dont do anything irrational. They vote on whether or not gold and lamb are doing something right or not. The council should also be in charge of most clan decision, who the clan wars ect. But they cannot say we fight some1 without the majority vote from the members, they can only suggest things.

The Leaders..
The leaders will have the power to make sure the regualar members are voting for council members fairly, and the leaders will have total acess to whatever goes on in clan, but CANNOT influence council votings or regular members elections. They control what goes on the forums ect. But they will need the popular vote of the council to get stuff done. While the council controls clan events, the leaders control the forums and can propose new changes to forum,but they will be voted upon by the council.

This is my last hope and if this fails, i have failed as a member of this clan. Golden and tech I apoligize for any offensive comments i may have said to you and i do wish the best for the clan and this is the only fair thing i can come up with. Checks and Balances... Each of the 3 Groups would have the same amount of power so an incident like this does not occur again. Please consider my proposition and do not close, lock , or delete this, i want everybody to read this and post their thoughts.

~~~ 4ncient5 0wn~~~

Tech, Golden I Do not hate you guys nor do i dislike you guys but if we wanna salvage this clan, you need to squash this.

Now back to a more friendly note. I LOVE YOU ALL!!
wub.gif
W0lf Rang0r
Posted: Jun 24 2008, 05:19 PM

Unregistered

i do disagree ancient he handled it well by not having council he wasnt getting off it he wants there to be no arguement left it is the best way to stop it, hes meant to step up hes a leader aswell as lamb people have had their opinion on this a democracy doesnt work thats shown,. he is not power abusing enough tbh tech is the prime example of power abusing.
FiveBrain
Posted: Jun 24 2008, 05:27 PM

How many brains do you have?
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 24

Well said ancient I agree with everything you said biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Thanks Dylan!^^^^^
My Blog!!! Clicky pl0x %mh%8%mh%
PM
ancients own man
Posted: Jun 24 2008, 05:29 PM

Unregistered

i say cancelling the council gives him absolute power again... we had problems already with warring clans that were too strong and stuff... my plan would end this.
These wars we be fighting i have no idea there is a war till after its been decided. This would end the complaining of who we war since the majority of the people will be voting on it. If they approve we war. Just and example of my plan. Plus say i was in the council and i wasnt very good council member, the members could vote me out of the council and vote to select a new council member to take my spot.
W0lf Rang0r
Posted: Jun 24 2008, 05:38 PM

Unregistered

Democracys don't work out it would just finish this clan off
ancients own man
Posted: Jun 24 2008, 05:43 PM

Unregistered

explain why this wouldnt work? Plus we are having trouble with his absolute rule
prankitzu
Posted: Jun 24 2008, 05:48 PM

Unregistered

I understand that I'm a new member and have only been a member for about 2 weeks, but I've been in a few clans in my day (none for rs). From my past experiences I've noticed that clans that are a democracacy seem to grow more and be more prosperous than those that are a dictatorship/totalitarian-esque.

With that said, I'm not saying that Golden and lamb can't run this clan efficiently.
W0lf Rang0r
Posted: Jun 24 2008, 05:58 PM

Unregistered

QUOTE (ancients own man @ Jun 24 2008, 05:43 PM)
explain why this wouldnt work? Plus we are having trouble with his absolute rule

I'm on my iPod in bed it takes me ages to say studff and hurts my wright tomorow morning I'll say
madriftz
Posted: Jun 24 2008, 06:00 PM

Unregistered

thread is 2 long i didnt read laugh.gif ninja.gif
evilmidget38
Posted: Jun 24 2008, 07:04 PM

Unregistered

i am kinda torn a few ways.I wont say which ways i am torn to hel p keep order but i think this might help a bit.I dont really know.
my homies69
Posted: Jun 24 2008, 07:21 PM

Unregistered

QUOTE (W0lf Rang0r @ Jun 24 2008, 05:38 PM)
Democracys don't work out it would just finish this clan off

man, keep your stupid remarks for urself. you definetly don't do good for the clan setting us up against eachother
Lamb Bug
Posted: Jun 24 2008, 07:51 PM

Founder
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Come on I am gone for a few days and all heck breaks loose? Everyone is talking about how Golden is seizing power, but most (not all) of the things that he has done have been with my knowledge and backing. Ancient's system would work, but Tech is the one who is trying to seize power. Me and Golden thought that bagging the council thing temporarily would help calm down things. Can't everyone just take a chill pill and we can work this out?

--------------------
user posted image

OMGWTFBBQSAUCE
PM
Kerkennah
Posted: Jun 24 2008, 07:56 PM

Unregistered

I think you guys should all stop fighting because that tears a clan apart
Lamb Bug
Posted: Jun 24 2008, 07:58 PM

Founder
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

I completely, totally 100 percent agree with Kerkennah. We need to all think this over.

--------------------
user posted image

OMGWTFBBQSAUCE
PM
Hurricane
Posted: Jun 24 2008, 07:58 PM

Group Icon

Group: Inactive Member
Member No.: 101

first of welcome back lamb, we missed you sorely,
second, the board needs to be closed for a day or
two and have private talks with the main people,
three, ancient handled this well
four, tech and golden i think we're trying to get more
power ok
Lamb I will send you a kind pm ok please read it :|

~Star

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | News | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (3) [1] 2 3  New TopicNew Poll

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive