Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Ancient Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Ancient Legion regrets to inform we have closed our doors.
It has been a good time, guys!

New TopicNew Poll

What The F**k is going on
Sick Mate 9
Posted: Jun 21 2009, 07:10 AM

RSN: Sick Mate 9, Y2 Sick Mate
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 323

i know this has probley already been posted like a million times.
but i dont care i just wanna say what i think.

why the hell have heaps of people been leaving? theres gotta be a reason that i just dont see.
but the leaders havent dont anything to prevent it. maybe you should just host more events. take matters into your own hands.
dont just wait for the EC's to do it.
as leaders its your job to LEAD the clan. not just sit back and watch.

and as for golden, no offence but everytime some leaves and posts something about why they left or just has wanted to become allies. its just flame Flame FLAME!
just cut it out. thats all you do. pretty much the only posts you post its flaming someone. so just drop it. who cares if they left. unlucky. get over it. take matters into your own hands.

and as for lamb. i havent really seen anything bad. he doesnt flame (as far as ive seen)
and hes nice and polite to all members. and he doesnt just FLAME everytime some1 trys to become allies or make a suggestion.

and i dont care if anyone trys to flame me because of this. they can just get [BEEP]ed for all i care.

-Sick

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
thanks for siggies dylan! :D
Kevinsaurus
Posted: Jun 21 2009, 08:21 AM

Zamorak BEAST
Group Icon

Group: On Leave/Vacation
Member No.: 384

I'm not flaming you with this post or anything m8, but I just want to say some things that everybody who is reading this topic should consider:

When a couple popular members of AL left for their own personal or runescape-ish reasons, they didn't necessarily "drag" other members with them, but more or less those people left because they want to follow their friend. This is common in all clans, not just ours, so there really isn't any many people actually "leaving" as one may think as opposed to "following friends". Other people have been leaving for personal reasons. It's summer break for almost all of us and we're out of school and such. Some of us are looking ahead to our futures and see that Runescape may not help us with our future lives which is why a few other people have left.

It's more or less a coincidence that this is all happening at the same time.

Actually, we do have a lot of events, and the EC's are doing just fine I think (we do have a lot of them >.<), but it's just the timing and all. With clan members scattered across the globe, I find it difficult myself to attend some events (many because they're p2p)... maybe we could have more f2p-based events?

Golden and Lamb aren't really sitting back and watching. It's more or less waiting to see if the event coordinators are worthy of upholding their positions.

And no offense to your comment or opinion Sick, but if you've paid attention to every leaving topic that's been posted in the past few months, Golden has only flamed on a couple of people, mainly because of things they did (such as Ani leaving as soon as he became council, a position we've been longing to have somebody trustworthy for), or other reasons.

Keep in mind if you don't know this already that Lamb and Golden are BROTHERS... they share the computer often and may not be able to spend the amount of time individually as they could together. Although they may have completely different opinions on the forums or runescape, it doesn't mean they talk about it in real life and try to find a solution. They're doing the best they can with what they have, and if we don't support them, it'll be putting a lot more stress or work on their hands.

So please Sick, just consider what I'm saying truthfully, I'm not trying to say anything against you, I've just known Golden and Lamb a long time and I think they aren't doing as badly as you may think.

Note to everybody else who reads this topic to read my words carefully and thoughtfully as well, thank you.

~ Kevin

--------------------
user posted image user posted image
user posted image
PM
Lit
Posted: Jun 21 2009, 08:45 AM

Pixel Wizard
Group Icon

Group: Warlord
Member No.: 631

The Leaders are not doing anything!? You would be surprised how much Lamb and Golden work to keep this clan going! It's really stupid you say we are not working while we see you here once in a while and rarely contributing to the Clan (this post is a clear example).

About the flaming, what were you expecting them to do? Many members that had important spots and most importantly that Lamb and Golden trusted just gave up with the smallest sign of crack. It's extremely hard to replace Kid, Kerkennah, Animal and other members that did a lot for this clan. You think Lamb and Golden aren't looking for new high-levels, Warlords, HC, Senior Members, Event Coordinators? You're really out-of-date my friend.

Really, show some respect because I can ensure you all they are giving their bests to save this clan.angry.gif But again, how would you know? rolleyes.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
PM
101laxkid2
Posted: Jun 21 2009, 09:01 AM

Group Icon

Member No.: 669

Alright, i get Sick's point.

I was inactive for a week or so, and came back to find half the people who were holding key positions in the clan leave. I almost thought the same thing.

But we don't need some kind of flame war right now...

What we need is for other members in the clan to step up and take the people who left spots. Forcing other people to step down isnt working however.

I personally will try to find members for the caln, be more active, and get my cb higher.

For Lamb and Golden, I think we have a unique case in terms of leaders... This gives them an excuse, however I still think everyone needs to work hard to get AL through and achieve a top spot again. U guys do a good job, but there's always room for improvement.

--------------------
user posted imageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

user posted image

user posted image

Finally!
user posted image

Quest master!!!!
goal: 150 quest points, then the qp cape soon after!!!!
Current: 104 quest points %mh%5%mh%
PM
Yamunu
Posted: Jun 21 2009, 12:38 PM

Group Icon

Group: Clan Friend
Member No.: 555

Lol, most of you don't know this. Some of you do, cause i was asked about it by some key people. The people who left were talking amongest each other for the past week before they left. Those who left with damon, and some of those who didn't exactly leave with damon but still joined his clan had every intention to leave. They didn't just up and decide spur of the moment to leave. You can't blame our leaders for not knowing, or maybe they did i don't know, havn't talked to them about it. Those who did leave with damon or quit to join had all the time in the world to think of what they were doing. They leave they leave, there isn't to much to go say about it. As for sickmate, i doubt you knew this. before you go on blaming leaders for our severe loss in members and key figures... Take some time to look into the matter.

K? Thanks.
PM
King Arthur
Posted: Jun 21 2009, 02:15 PM

FEAR ME!
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 440

Ok. I had to take five to write this and review it after i wrote. (To hell with > this time tongue.gif)
Yes, some members did leave AL. Oh well, what could we do?
What could we do... to make them stay here? Nothing.
What could we do... to prevent this from happening? A lot. And one of them is not flaming, I'm sure.
There are a number of matters I'd like to point out and discuss right now. I'll take them in order:
1st - Leaders' power hungriness.
As far as I can see I haven't seen a bit of power abuse coming from the leaders (and trust me, I know how that looks - from both sides. I've abused and I've been abused on terms of power and I know how that can suck). They have been doing whatever they can to keep the clan alive (still doing a good job), while still minding their own real life business, after all, there is a real life out there...
Now, you people suggest a 4th HC. Instead of creating new spots, how about we work out with what we have now? (How many 'w' were there?) Instead of adding a new HC because of Chuffa's temporary leave, we just replace him temporarily with a council member, and when Chuffa comes back, this temporary council member just goes back to its previous rank. There's no need to keep changing stuff here and there.
2nd - Leaders leaving?
The leaders leaving wouldn't help anything. In fact it'd make it even worse, since they know how running a clan is, as most of our members don't, as they just are part of one. And if they did leave, they wouldn't be running away from this mess. They are giving us the choice to say if we like them as leaders or not. (Thus pointing back to the power-abuse matter). As I have seen with 10 votes already, the leaders are really doing fine and they will stay.
3rd - People leaving
It really comes a time that you notice that you gathered either enough experience or enough will to lead a clan of your own. That's what happened to Rit and Damon. They felt that AL gave them experience to create a clan and to have it running the way they want. Maybe they didn't like a few features of AL or they wanted some introduced that would either require too many changes, or would be impraticable on a already set up clan. When they leave, it can happen that a few members think the new clan may be better, or even might leave if they are offered high ranked positions on the new clan. We gotta live with that. How do you think new clans are formed? Now we just get going again, the new clans get going and we become allies. There.

Final Thoughts.
One might even say that the leaders are doing **** for the clan. Well, I can say that you are WRONG! The leaders+council are already discussing new events, some changes on the clan itself and I, for myself, am working on a new and revamped recruitment thread. There are even some Senior Members and EC's that are also working their bottoms off to help keeping the clan going. Even some members are helping. I can surely say that in 3-4 weeks we won't even remember all of this.

--------------------

user posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted image

PM
Lit
Posted: Jun 21 2009, 04:42 PM

Pixel Wizard
Group Icon

QUOTE (King Arthur @ Jun 21 2009, 04:15 PM)
Now, you people suggest a 4th HC. Instead of creating new spots, how about we work out with what we have now? (How many 'w' were there?) Instead of adding a new HC because of Chuffa's temporary leave, we just replace him temporarily with a council member, and when Chuffa comes back, this temporary council member just goes back to its previous rank. There's no need to keep changing stuff here and there.

Yes, I was thinking that someone could replace Chuffa until he is ready to come back. That's what I meant with Backup HC. smile.gif We could do the same we did with Warlords.

--------------------
PM
Star
Posted: Jun 21 2009, 06:05 PM

Group Icon

Group: Inactive Member
Member No.: 101

i would agreee with sick.
only with the part that who cares if someone leaves.
the point of a clan is a place for family + fun.
if they want to leave the family and turn away their support, so be it.

~Star

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
Lit
Posted: Jun 21 2009, 06:43 PM

Pixel Wizard
Group Icon

QUOTE (Star @ Jun 21 2009, 08:05 PM)
i would agreee with sick.
only with the part that who cares if someone leaves.
the point of a clan is a place for family + fun.
if they want to leave the family and turn away their support, so be it.

~Star

You can't say Golden has no right to get angry when someone he named High Council a week ago betrays (to put it someway) him by leaving. The Leaders give someone a spot because they think they deserve it, and it should be appreciated instead of taking it as just having your name in another color.

--------------------
PM
Lord
Posted: Jun 21 2009, 08:11 PM

DoNt hAtE CuZ iM GrEAt
Group Icon

Group: Retired Member
Member No.: 671

if it werent for the leaders, we wouldnt have anybody left in the clan at all!!!!!!!!!!
and golden isnt spamming, hes speaking his mind wub.gif and backup warlord, i would think is me if noones on. if not me then some1 better step up to the plate and take charge, cuz honestly sick, what have YOU dont to help us through this hard time? i know a lot of people who have offered to help, cyber,d12, and almost ever1 else has offered to help, what have u done? and tbh i rarely see u on anyway so ytf are u complaining?

--------------------

user posted image
%mh%10%mh%
PM
CyberianWolf
Posted: Jun 21 2009, 11:49 PM

Respect is earned, not given away!
Group Icon

Group: Clan Friend
Member No.: 626

QUOTE (King Arthur @ Jun 21 2009, 01:15 PM)
I can surely say that in 3-4 weeks we won't even remember all of this.

All I can say with the above quote is ....If you guys will move past it! Let it go already. PLEASE....

When StarWolf and IceWolf left (breaking up the wolfpack) I was crushed. I stopped playing for several days, until I got my head straight.
It sucks that people left, but honestly do you expect someone to say forever? Is that realistic? People come and people go...from all sorts of groups weather in RS or IRL. If you're still too young to understand this....lesson taught!

As for the EC's....Let's see....Fog, Gwd, Pc, Roaches, Sc, two contests, Mole hunting and (I think) a KBD trip were all events I saw hosted in June. We also had some war practices and I believe a war, even thou we lost our Warlords. If you can't make it to an event, your not trying at all. angry.gif

Lamb and Golden are doing a fantastic job running this clan and deserve more credit for doing their duties. Most of you have no clue what I takes to keep a group like this working and together. Instead of criticizing (And I may not have Lords tact... but I have to agree)...what are each of you doing to help? Many have stepped up, many have continued to complain. Which are you?

We lost some poeple....We've gained some people.........If you want to continue to whine and pout about some unhappy (ex) clan members, that's you right, but the only way we're going to improve this clan is to look forward and move towards the future. Speaking bluntly to those who have not caught on yet......If you guys will just open your eyes, stfu and improve you attitudes you'll see that we are already improving. Personally, I think some things are already better than they were.

Let's move on.......
CWolf cool.gif

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image user posted imageuser posted image %mh%7%mh%
PM
Sick Mate 9
Posted: Jun 22 2009, 04:54 AM

RSN: Sick Mate 9, Y2 Sick Mate
Group Icon

Member No.: 323

@wolf. ok [BEEP] you. how the [BEEP] am i ment to get up at 3 just to play a game. and pretty much every [BEEP]ing event is either during the week or on a sunday CT. so [BEEP] you. and i dont care if anyone trys to flame me for this cause i dont [BEEP]ing care.

ok guys everything has always came back to animal leaving. WHO [BEEP]ING CARES IF HE LEFT AFTER GETTING HC!!.
if he left he left.
UNLUCKY.
and ive got nothing against lamb. its just golden that really [BEEP]ing pisses me off.
golden it is possible if you can get on for atleast 10-20minutes and make some posts. but no.
i dont wanna say anything else cause ill get flamed again.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
thanks for siggies dylan! :D
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Runescape/clan discussion | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options New TopicNew Poll

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive