Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Ancient Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Ancient Legion regrets to inform we have closed our doors.
It has been a good time, guys!

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) New TopicNew Poll

Goals for the clan
Golden arm42
Posted: Jun 16 2009, 02:32 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

So...right now, as you're all well aware, we're going through a bit of a rough patch. The reason it all got started was because we weren't, Damon thought, the kind of warring clan he wanted. So, we've got to dig deep, past the comparatively minor things, and find out what we really want to be as a clan. There's no point in trying to force an agenda that the majority of people don't want. I see several options

1. Intense warring clan. This, I believe, is what Damon was looking for. An intense warring clan would mean that Ancient Legion is primarily, if not exclusively, focused on warring. It would mean war practices several times a week, short preps whenver we can get them, and ideally, several wars on the weekend.

Now, in order for this to work, all of our members would have to put in much more than they're doing right now. No longer would BSing about coming to war practices, or not making wars a priority, be allowed. Warring would become our agenda, and we'd place a premium value on that, with limited attention devoted other things (I'm not saying they wouldn't happen, but they'd become less common). In addition, combat would be highly prioritized over skilling. This clan would probably look a lot like Lethality in terms of build.

2. "Hybrid" clan. A "hybrid" clan would be roughly similar to the way we've been operating for the past several months. We'd still have wars, although probably not more than twice a week (more likely just a Saturday war and an occasional short prep). We'd have more varied events, such as roach hunts and Fishing Trawler, with a more general focus on minigames. In short, we wouldn't be just dedicated to warring -- we'd try to get some other stuff done as well. This clan would probably be a bit more similar to our old allies The Zamoradominerz.

3. We close. Sorry, you don't get this option -- Lamb and I will keep this clan running no matter what. thumbup.gif

In either case, we'll keep the thing that have made us so strong -- namely our great community. Perhaps there's something I'm overlooking, but right now, I see those two options as the best ones for AL to pursue. I'm not going to attach a poll, but I'd like to hear everyone's opinions on this issue. Hopefully we won't have to go through another "identity crisis" after this. wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

Formerly known as Golden arm42
PM
Fivey Is Pwnage
Posted: Jun 16 2009, 03:11 PM

How many brains do you have?
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 24

I really think we should close, I mean this clan ain't going anywhere, it sucks. HELL NO we ain't closing.

As much as I love warring, we have a lot of members that like skilling, so I think that we should stay how we are, as a Hybrid clan, but maybe have more wars.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Thanks Dylan!^^^^^
My Blog!!! Clicky pl0x %mh%8%mh%
PM
Duplo M
Posted: Jun 16 2009, 03:34 PM

Grim..
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 820

+1! AL is great we shouldn't be like we are now, but better, and members should not just say what they like or dislike but help improve the clan.
If every1 here helps a bit, AL will be better.
Right now AL has many skillers, (almost all the people who likes wars,etc , had leaved the clan) so we to make a balance between wars, skills, so all members could be happy.

Duplo (sorry for my Inglish tongue.gif )

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Redeyes2496
Posted: Jun 16 2009, 05:25 PM

RSN: Redeyes2496
Group Icon

Member No.: 395

Crazy option here, but what if we incorporated both, but operated on like, a sport schedule-type system? For instance, for 4 months we focus on warring, another 4 months on skilling, etc...It's an idea that just popped in my head, what do you think?

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
Lit
Posted: Jun 16 2009, 05:56 PM

Pixel Wizard
Group Icon

Group: Warlord
Member No.: 631

QUOTE (Redeyes2496 @ Jun 16 2009, 07:25 PM)
Crazy option here, but what if we incorporated both, but operated on like, a sport schedule-type system? For instance, for 4 months we focus on warring, another 4 months on skilling, etc...It's an idea that just popped in my head, what do you think?

A lot of things can happen in a 4 months period, and we'll lose too much war prestige imo. The Warring clan like Lth is what I'd like to be implemented.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
PM
Redeyes2496
Posted: Jun 16 2009, 06:14 PM

Group Icon

Yeah, I was just using 4 months as an example. But yeah, I understand your point. I don't really know how Lethality really works, except that we war them sometimes lol. How do they do things?

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
Lit
Posted: Jun 16 2009, 06:44 PM

Pixel Wizard
Group Icon

Group: Warlord
Member No.: 631

I don't know how they work either, just used them as an example since Golden did. tongue.gif But I believe they're a war-based clan that does like 4 wars a week and mostly war-themed events. It'll be kind of hard to follow that model as of now, but when we get more Warlords and our lasting HC and EC spots are filled, we'll be open for more choices.

--------------------
PM
King Arthur
Posted: Jun 16 2009, 08:34 PM

FEAR ME!
Group Icon

Member No.: 440

> I'd vote for intensify our warring agenda, but still being a hybrid clan.

--------------------

user posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted image

PM
Runeter2
Posted: Jun 17 2009, 08:20 AM

Combat 111 (P2P) 103 (F2P)
Group Icon

Group: High Council
Member No.: 465

I'll vote.. Nothing of those. Being half warring, and half skilling/"Hybrid" clan is going good. But if i had to choose one, number 2.

I agree with Lit too, we will need to fill in those spots first of all before doing any of this.

And if you look, 2/3 of our clan posting are actually the staff?

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Luv List v1.0 |Lit, Kerk, Arthur, Jss, Deasth, Nick, Kevin, Mat, Faint, Pura, D12, Duplo, Jaal, Ice, Ani, Tom and of course Imso!|
PM
Golden arm42
Posted: Jun 17 2009, 09:24 AM

Administrator
Group Icon

Yeah, new staff will be announced today, and from there, we'll have the people in place to get moving. tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

PM
Redeyes2496
Posted: Jun 17 2009, 02:03 PM

Group Icon

Lol from the looks of it a lot of people are getting moved up, we have at least 5 open spots up there lol?

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
Yamunu
Posted: Jun 17 2009, 02:08 PM

Group Icon

Group: Clan Friend
Member No.: 555

Arthur, you can't intensify somthing more than half the clan doesn't care about, or could careless about.
PM
Golden arm42
Posted: Jun 17 2009, 02:15 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

Yam, just because most of our high levels decided to up and leave doesn't mean that remaining members don't care about warring -- I myself, and a lot of other people, still care deeply about warring. We just had the desire/integrity to remain in AL to achieve that end.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

PM
Duplo M
Posted: Jun 17 2009, 02:17 PM

Grim..
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 820

Ur right Yamunu but the clan must say what they care about then!

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Yamunu
Posted: Jun 17 2009, 02:28 PM

Group Icon

Group: Clan Friend
Member No.: 555

Find 10 people on our ml right now that are war active..
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Council of Members | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  New TopicNew Poll

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive