Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Ancient Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Ancient Legion regrets to inform we have closed our doors.
It has been a good time, guys!

Pages: (5) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) New TopicNew Poll

High Council Member Applications
Lamb Bug
Posted: May 27 2009, 06:06 AM

Founder
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

With Star's departure, it's time for a new councilmember to be selected. If you're interested in the position, please fill out the following form to give us a brief sense of why you should be selected. Golden and I will pick the winner but don't be suprised if we ask you some other questions as well. happy.gif

How long have you been in AL?

If chosen council, what (specifically) would you try to do to improve AL?

Have you ever held a rank similar to this before?

Are you willing (and do you have the real life time) to increase your contributions to AL to match the new rank accordingly?

Why, all in all, should you be picked?

Every applicant needs to fill this out but Golden or I might ask additional questions as well. It's ok for those not running to show their support for a particular candidate but keep in mind that the current staff will decide their newest collegue. tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image

OMGWTFBBQSAUCE
PM
Imso Hot
Posted: May 27 2009, 06:24 AM

Firepower
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 706

After people have been filling those things and stuff, do we vote or do you choose?

--------------------
user posted image
Mat
Posted: May 27 2009, 06:30 AM

*blink*
Group Icon

Member No.: 586

How long have you been in AL? 5 and a half months

If chosen council, what (specifically) would you try to do to improve AL?I would try to make sure everyone behaves in the clan chat and in the clan as a whole

Have you ever held a rank similar to this before? No...

Are you willing (and do you have the real life time) to increase your contributions to AL to match the new rank accordingly?yes i should do

because: i'm active
I don't abuse my power.
I would like to make a bigger contribution to AL
I have new and scary ideas to take the clan to higher levels
I enjoy this clan and want to make sure everyone else does to
I will act as an agony uncle and if anyone is in need of help ill come to the rescue

i do not mind if i do not get the position but it would be nice biggrin.gif

good luck to everyone else thumbup.gif

~Mat

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Lamb Bug
Posted: May 27 2009, 06:35 AM

Founder
Group Icon

QUOTE (Imso Hot @ May 27 2009, 11:24 AM)
After people have been filling those things and stuff, do we vote or do you choose?

Staff; I just want a sense of who's interested. happy.gif

--------------------
user posted image

OMGWTFBBQSAUCE
PM
Runeter2
Posted: May 27 2009, 07:50 AM

Combat 111 (P2P) 103 (F2P)
Group Icon

Group: High Council
Member No.: 465

I'm always interested in such spots happy.gif

How long have you been in AL? About 6 and a half month

If chosen council, what (specifically) would you try to do to improve AL? I would try to make it so that people post less double posts, spam and such. Take care of clan chat and take screenshots if needed. Stop flamming and trolling around Ancient Legion. Try to stop fights. ( mellow.gif ) Make Ancient Legion a better place to have fun.

I would also try to make Al a better community for us all to enjoy (As we do now). And I'm always willing to help players in need when needed, I'll help them with all sorts of stuff.

Have you ever held a rank similar to this before? I'm currently a leader of a pure clan (Another account) and i think I'll count this as Yes.

Are you willing (and do you have the real life time) to increase your contributions to AL to match the new rank accordingly? Of course, why wouldn't i?
I will all my time i got visited and being in clan to help our community and members, mostly in my vacation about 2-3 weeks.

Why, all in all, should you be picked? Well, I'm active, nice, take care of people, always try to help team mates, stock up on food and potions for war, I never swear (OMFG and such are not counted), well pretty much those. I also got other resons that i just can't remember right now.

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Luv List v1.0 |Lit, Kerk, Arthur, Jss, Deasth, Nick, Kevin, Mat, Faint, Pura, D12, Duplo, Jaal, Ice, Ani, Tom and of course Imso!|
PM
damon
Posted: May 27 2009, 11:23 AM

Unregistered

its funny... cuz wat happens if no1 good for the job is interested? do u select a less qualified member just to fill the void?
Techy
Posted: May 27 2009, 02:26 PM

Caution: Contents may be hawt
Group Icon

Group: Retired Member
Member No.: 434

Ah, wth, lol XD

How long have you been in AL? Actual time spent...maybe 6 or 7 months.

If chosen council, what (specifically) would you try to do to improve AL? I am good at organizing events, are very active, and have the know-how to help with forums and other maintenance.

Have you ever held a rank similar to this before? Yepp, old skool AL. smile.gif (ex-ex-ex?-general/warlord )

Are you willing (and do you have the real life time) to increase your contributions to AL to match the new rank accordingly? Yepp. During summer, I'll have no life.

Why, all in all, should you be picked? Because I know you love me Lamb, and I could be a great asset if you give meh that red-colored name :3

--------------------

Ex-AL | Ex-KR | Ex-GoG | Ex-PoR | Ex-AA | Ex-DB | Ex-VB | Ex-TRR

Awards
[X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X]
PM
Lamb Bug
Posted: May 27 2009, 02:36 PM

Founder
Group Icon

Aren't you retired? ohmy.gif

--------------------
user posted image

OMGWTFBBQSAUCE
PM
[LTH]-Starwolf Ftw
Posted: May 27 2009, 02:37 PM

OMG BOOM@
Group Icon

Group: Lethality Member
Member No.: 449

Good luck to whoever gets my council seat. I hope you do well. Do be sure that this is a position that you really need to embrace because what you are doing is going to be alot of work.

--------------------
user posted image

Expect more about this later today. biggrin.gif
user posted image
PM
Darklord99
Posted: May 27 2009, 02:40 PM

MILF HUNTER
Group Icon

Member No.: 451

i wouldent mind it but honestly im not one to put out much effort. So if it involves no effort sgin me up thumbup.gif

--------------------
user posted image user posted image
user posted image
Techy
Posted: May 27 2009, 02:49 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Lamb Bug @ May 27 2009, 03:36 PM)

It doesn't mean I still can't help the clan. And I figure by the time you finally chose the council, I'll be out of school. wacko.gif

--------------------

Awards
PM
Icewolf68
Posted: May 27 2009, 02:57 PM

Bow down before your superior wolf!
Group Icon

Group: On Leave/Vacation
Member No.: 523

How long have you been in AL?
I have been with Ancient Legion since December 13th, 08. So approximately 5 1/2 months!

If chosen council, what (specifically) would you try to do to improve AL?
Firstly, I would like to work a little more on getting out into the clan community, and increase better relationships with other clans. I would also work with these clans to create similar events to the multi-clan skilling contests we have held in the past.
To get a taste of new events I was thinking about in the multi-clan area, I was thinking of creating a boss fight challenge where both clans are in the same world at somewhere like Bandos GWD and we fight it out to see who can get the kill. We can do that for a best of 3, and then all merge into 1 clan chat, and kill bandos as many times as we can!

Also, I feel as though some behavior in the clan chat is not great, and every now and then a flamer gets into the clan chat causing some of the members in our clan to lose their cool when no one is in the clan chat to kick this flamer. If chosen for Council, I promise I will be in the clan chat more often to prevent this from happening, and kick any member or flamer where I feel necessary, based on their current behavior.

Finally, I would work closely with Event Coordinators and Warlords to ensure good turnouts to events, and not just have people say they will come, and then not show up. I believe if you look at the Chess Tournament event for instance, setting a timeframe for people to complete their matches does make an event run more smoothly. That is just one of the many tactics I have in mind for how to make a good event work and run smoothly

Have you ever held a rank similar to this before?
I was one of the leaders of another clan known as Jackals for approximately 1 1/2 years. We were a strong clan for quite a while, with many active members. We lost many members to the old PvP update and our numbers have never been strong since. The clan has basically collapsed now.
I have also held the Event Coordinator position for about 2 months now, running events such as the current Fishing contest and the Chess tournament.

Are you willing (and do you have the real life time) to increase your contributions to AL to match the new rank accordingly?
Well if you've been on recently, you may notice that I do play a lot tongue.gif

I feel this position is a huge one, and it needs a good, strong, motivated leader to fill its shoes. Following Star's performance is a tough task to do, but I believe I am the right person for the job.
To be on Council, you have to be friendly and well liked and respected by all of your clanmates. In my opinion, I believe I'm friendly to all members in Ancient Legion.
Knowledge of how forums work as well as in-game experience is another key aspect needed for this position. I have been in clans on forums, run a few forums, and have played the game for 4.5 years. I feel as though I carry this key aspect that goes along with this position.

I love this clan, and want to help built it up to the best it can be. We have a lot of potential for greatness in this clan, and I believe we need another motivated and well respected leader to show Ancient Legion members what we can accomplish as a clan.

Thank-you for taking the time to read my application, and good luck to all applicants!

ice

This post has been edited by Icewolf68 on May 27 2009, 03:03 PM

--------------------

Trophy Cabinet
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageuser posted image

user posted image
user posted image
%mh%9%mh%
K Arthur90
Posted: May 27 2009, 02:58 PM

FEAR ME!
Group Icon

Member No.: 440

How long have you been in AL? Since The Beginning of the Times!!!

If chosen council, what (specifically) would you try to do to improve AL? I would increase our taxes, decrease benefits and start charging double the rates for taxis.

Have you ever held a rank similar to this before? Yes. I was once the leader of Kuala Lumpur, but my 4 years ran out. And I didn't manage to strike a coup, so...

Are you willing (and do you have the real life time) to increase your contributions to AL to match the new rank accordingly? No, but my clone army shall take care of that for me

Why, all in all, should you be picked? Cuz 1 r33ly pwn u 4ll!

> Heh! That's me app for council.

> Now, seriously:
> Being a member of the High Council is not about "not abusing powers". When becoming a HC member, you need to dedicate most of your "clanning" time to the clan and its community. After all, the Council Membs are somewhat like JMods. They are the players' connection with the high-end jagex employees. In this case, the Council will be responsible for taking into account whatever the members are doing, saying, thinking, in order to improve the clan as much as possible.
> Having such a rank is not stricly for merit or honor. Becoming a HC Member is a way the leaders have to give hand-picked members a better way of doing their job, helping the leaders and, more important than anything else, helping the clan.
> To whoever becomes the next HC Member: Your job is not to ostentate the black mystic hat on the forums, and the silver crown on the clan chat. What you are supposed to do is to make sure that Ancient Legion reaches the Top (insert number here) Clan. For that, we need HC members that put all their effort to/for the clan.
> Bear in mind that becoming HC will require you to assert over important matters as banning users, warning members, and dealing with evetual issues amidst the members that might arise. And you are expected to do most of your job without needing the Leaders' assistance.
> I wish all the applicants good luck and I'm sure the Leaders will make the right choice when choosing the next HC member.
> Although filling Starwolf's shoes won't be an easy task, I know a few members that are not more than an inch from that, and I hope that they apply. If one of these members do apply, I'm sure the leaders will have a much easier choice. Let's just hope that not all of them apply, otherwise, the Leaders will have a hard time choosing among the best members I've seen around here.
> Good Luck to everyone.
> Ancient Legion - Glory. Valor. Friendship.

> PS.: That application is a fake one, btw. No way I'm running for HC tongue.gif Whatever I could do for the clan I already do by being a member and being the TA.

QUOTE (Techy @ May 27 2009, 04:49 PM)
QUOTE (Lamb Bug @ May 27 2009, 03:36 PM)

It doesn't mean I still can't help the clan. And I figure by the time you finally chose the council, I'll be out of school. wacko.gif

> I'm afraid you won't even be able to join, Techy. You left four times already... One of them was on bad terms and the last time you were allowed to re-join was an exception.

QUOTE (Darklord99 @ May 27 2009, 04:40 PM)
i wouldent mind it but honestly im not one to put out much effort. So if it involves no effort sgin me up thumbup.gif

> Erm... Dark... It does involve effort... If you really want to apply, fill-in the form, will you?

--------------------

user posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image

PM
blompty2
Posted: May 27 2009, 03:10 PM

Unregistered

gl to all the applicants
I vote for icey. =D
Techy
Posted: May 27 2009, 03:11 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (K Arthur90 @ May 27 2009, 03:58 PM)
> I'm afraid you won't even be able to join, Techy. You left four times already... One of them was on bad terms and the last time you were allowed to re-join was an exception.

Shhhhhhhhhh...lamb doesn't need to know....

blink.gif

--------------------

Awards
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | News | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (5) [1] 2 3 ... Last » New TopicNew Poll

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive