zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Ancient Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Ancient Legion regrets to inform we have closed our doors.
It has been a good time, guys!

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Anniversary party
Golden arm42
Posted: May 2 2009, 04:09 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

To be perfectly honest, Iíve got to admit this anniversary party was one of the most disappointing things Iíve ever been a part of in AL. I wanted this to be the best event weíve ever had; right now, I could cry about it. We can blame some of our allies (actually everyone except TZ) for not showing up, but most of all, this should illuminate us as a clan.

I donít know how much of this feeling is simply because I was expecting too much. I donít know if the let-down Iím feeling is because I expected grandeur or if itís because it really was lame. But what I saw today wasnít worthy of a clan at all, certainly not one of our caliber. Iím not going to assign blame or get aggressive because itís over and done with. Iím just so disappointed in what this event could have been and what it should have been, compared to how it actually turned out.

I canít understand how someone in a clan isnít pumped for an event like this. Perhaps itís hard to understand the significance of a one-year milestone if you havenít been here for pretty much the whole time uninterrupted like Lamb, Fivey, 3mon, and I have. I donít know if thatís the case or not, but either way, our lack of interest showed. The Bandos event, the Stealing Creation event, the KQ trip, the FOG trip, the rev hunt, all attracted less than five people. What kind of party is that? I donít see thereís anything to be proud of there.

You know, an anniversary isnít like a war. Thereís no such thing as ďjust anotherĒ anniversary. An anniversary may never happen again. AL might not be around for another year. To have todayís weak effort to be the only anniversary we have, for it to supposed to be the most meaningful event of our existence and yet turn out so poorly, is more disappointing to me than I can describe.

Iím feeling in the dumps about it right now, but rate, hate, discuss.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

Formerly known as Golden arm42
PM
evilmidget38
Posted: May 2 2009, 04:13 PM

Unregistered

Just wondering.... how many non-active members are there? Like when we had our war against you at the very beginning(before we merged) we had 2 people show. I then learned I needed a way to root out non-active players. Maybe require all people to go to an event within the next month?

BTW: If I could play I would have spent ALL DAY at an event like this. Why do events like this attract the crowd?

http://z9.invisionfree.com/Ancient_Legion/...?showtopic=3690
lordblack656
Posted: May 2 2009, 04:59 PM

DoNt hAtE CuZ iM GrEAt
Group Icon

Group: Retired Member
Member No.: 671

i completly agree!!!!!! even though we had maybe 5 or 6 ppl show for rev and fog. idk bout the mbmer events, even though lamb was po-ed cuz noone would go, and i understand he kept asking and asking, and noone even said anything, i obvously couldnt go otherwise i would. i am sorry for how this turned out, i really think it s=could have, and should have been better. i was at every f2p event for this. but i had fun with the ppl that came to stuff though. i had a blast, but i oculd have definately had a bettter time. i hope we do have another anniversary next year cuz this clan rocks! wub.gif

--------------------

user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
%mh%10%mh%
PM
Imso Hot
Posted: May 2 2009, 06:22 PM

Firepower
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 706

I was to pvp trip which was a fail turnout but turned to be fun (even tho i died but it was my fault since i went back to the other clan 3 times after they left me alone.. rolleyes.gif ) then i went to fog for 1 game (woot?) and then rev hunt and than FFA clan wars which was failure.. Woulda been fun to have a great spamtrain in the end but only a few people showed up and some of the few that came didnt even spam.. Pretty disappointed right there

But all together, i liked this and i hope we can do it again in a year wub.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Kerkennah
Posted: May 2 2009, 06:31 PM

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
Group Icon

Group: High Council
Member No.: 444

Wasn't home all day. You guys better come rev hunting tommorow.

--------------------
user posted image
tomilson21
Posted: May 2 2009, 06:36 PM

Group Icon

Member No.: 571

Honestlty i felt bad for lamb today he was having to beg people to go to kq and when everyone ignored him he tried to change it to kbd and still no one was willing to even respond to him. lordblack and I were both there during this and tried to help. I wont be a member till next week >.< so i couldnt attend those events even tho i really wanted to especially the Kq and Bandos. I went to the Pk trip and drop party i tried to make it to the rev hunt but couldnt. The thing that makes me mad is that people just flat out didnt come to things its not that they couldnt come they just didnt. I mean really it's one day that u didnt train it's not gunna kill u. cursing.gif

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image%mh%6%mh%
PM
3monightmar3
Posted: May 2 2009, 06:50 PM

official god of the AL
Group Icon

Member No.: 26

dang...im sry golden sad.gif i was hoping 2 come for the 2nd half but i slept in (stayed up 2 late last night) would it be possible to have a re-run next weekend?

--------------------
user posted image
Lamb Bug
Posted: May 2 2009, 08:40 PM

Founder
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

QUOTE (tomilson21 @ May 2 2009, 11:36 PM)
Honestlty i felt bad for lamb today he was having to beg people to go to kq and when everyone ignored him he tried to change it to kbd and still no one was willing to even respond to him.

That was an absolutely terrible moment for me. I'm BEGGING people to come to these events and some people couldn't even be bothered to reply to my questions, let alone show up. angry.gif Far from a happy moment for me. thumbdown.gif

--------------------
user posted image

OMGWTFBBQSAUCE
PM
tomilson21
Posted: May 2 2009, 08:48 PM

Group Icon

Member No.: 571

QUOTE (Lamb Bug @ May 2 2009, 08:40 PM)
QUOTE (tomilson21 @ May 2 2009, 11:36 PM)
Honestlty i felt bad for lamb today he was having to beg people to go to kq and when everyone ignored him he tried to change it to kbd and still no one was willing to even respond to him.

That was an absolutely terrible moment for me. I'm BEGGING people to come to these events and some people couldn't even be bothered to reply to my questions, let alone show up. angry.gif Far from a happy moment for me. thumbdown.gif

Yeah thats completly unacceptable imo

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image%mh%6%mh%
PM
[LTH]-Starwolf Ftw
Posted: May 3 2009, 01:23 AM

OMG BOOM@
Group Icon

Group: Lethality Member
Member No.: 449

Yes, I do feel bad for what happened today, and partially because I didn't go to most of it sad.gif . From what I did go to, it was fun, but it could of been so much better if we had more people go. Here's a list of things that I think went good and bad throughout the event...

Things That Went Well

- One of our allies, TZ, actually participated in most of it. LTH made a showing at some of the other events, but sadly we're "blown off" in their perspective.

- Most events went according to plan. Did well here, stuck to the time schedule for the most part.

- Large amount dropped at drop party, though we didn't get a thing from it angry.gif Drop parties fail big time now.

Things That Went Wrong

- Members that were on didn't go to events. I was one of the many who didn't participate in some, and I know there are others.

- ABSOLUTELY NO RESPECT GIVEN TO LEADERS! They worked hard for AL to be around for a year, and we can't take that for granted. This is what I'm most shameful about because I also didn't give respect where it was supposed to be given. I'm terribly sorry for that sad.gif

- Boss trips were ultimate fail from what I have heard, from Lamb beggin those to come and from no one going period to the first few. I think we need to just drop the subject of boss trips altogether unless spontonaeously planned, in which more people will actually go.

That's what I saw how this event went. Hopefully we can get out of this rut of ours with not showing up to events or having unsuccessful events and actually look more like a worthy clan.

--------------------
user posted image

Expect more about this later today. biggrin.gif
user posted image
PM
matlew5
Posted: May 3 2009, 01:46 AM

*blink*
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 586

user posted image

my mum kicked me off the computer before the fog event... i wanted to stay on but my mum not let me sad.gif

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
blompty2
Posted: May 3 2009, 01:53 AM

Unregistered

i came kq but there was only lamb there while thers like 20 peeps in cc. why dont we make the next boss event mandatory!
Lamb Bug
Posted: May 3 2009, 07:40 AM

Founder
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

It kinda ruins the event when you are forcing people to go. We were hoping that people had the pride to not have to be forcably dragged to events to celebrate our first year. crying.gif

--------------------
user posted image

OMGWTFBBQSAUCE
PM
Kerkennah
Posted: May 3 2009, 09:37 AM

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
Group Icon

Group: High Council
Member No.: 444

This is what I don't get, why people online don't want to come to events. For me, if i'm online and I can go to an event, I will because I like to have fun with my friends, seems as if some people think that gaining some xp is more important than spending some time with friends.

--------------------
user posted image
mastaofmelee
Posted: May 3 2009, 09:46 AM

You can call me Tony.
Group Icon

Member No.: 747

Dudes, I seriously tried to do stuff but crap kept coming up. I got all the way to roaches and my comp froze. Then, the instant I got back on my gf called wanting to eat some lunch. I killed like 5 roaches. So, then I was like let's do some Stealing Creation. Got all the way there, waited for 15 minutes for everyone watching games start without me, then when the three people got there I had to leave again. dry.gif

And my bro was completely abandoned in this event guys. He doesn't even know if he wants to be in this clan right now, but still wanted to do some stuff with everyone. He died at Bandos, and everyone left! He said some non-clan member blessed his stone for him. Then, I dragged him to SC, had to leave, and he said that the other two guys that were there just up and left him too.

I apologize for not being there, but I really tried and so did my bro.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Hall of Past Events | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive