zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Ancient Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Ancient Legion regrets to inform we have closed our doors.
It has been a good time, guys!

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

evolution
lordblack656
Posted: Apr 20 2009, 07:37 AM

DoNt hAtE CuZ iM GrEAt
Group Icon

Group: Retired Member
Member No.: 671

im honestly not sure whether i should make this a topic or not but ill try it out, plz dont get into huge arguments about it, were stating our opinions not facts

so i dont really have any opinions, i just try to live life to the fullest, and not htink about the past unless needed, but i can believe we came from monkeys, but i cant believe it lol.
i came from mars like all men
monight said that in clan chat once and i believe he is right, about himself and himself only, and maybe a couple kids from my school. other than that i dont really have anything to say about this, i not a real religious guy

--------------------

user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
%mh%10%mh%
PM
[LTH]-starwolf_ftw
Posted: Apr 20 2009, 07:46 AM

OMG BOOM@
Group Icon

Group: Lethality Member
Member No.: 449

Well, let's get this debate started. I personally don't belive in "creationism" and I have to go with Darwinism (belief of human evolution). I just have to say that religion is not as old as human history itself and we can't just ignore what lies below us (meaning our ancestors).

I have a friend here at college who wants to be a religious politician (if that makes sense blink.gif ) and he says the earth is only 10,000 years old, humans came to be on this earth in the image we are today, and that there was no Big Bang, and that the Earth is in the center of the universe and the first thing God created. This is think is complete poppycock, and if he said this if he was a senator, he would immedietly be removed because of his deep devotion to his faith.

I'll be sure to add more if others continue to post here.

--------------------
user posted image

Expect more about this later today. biggrin.gif
user posted image
PM
Golden arm42
Posted: Apr 20 2009, 10:54 AM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I find the constant assault on evolution by fundamentalists and literalists to be one of the most stunning displays of backward thinking in our country. The fossil, embryological, behavioral, genetic and other records proving evolution are not in dispute AT ALL among the scientific community. Yet, we find ourselves in a situation where less than 40% of Americans believe in evolution, and as a wanna-be scientist, I find that extremely concerning because other countries, including a lot of Asian countries like China, Korea, etc., will eat our lunches in terms of science while we're still going on about how this rock isn't 4.2 billlion years old, it's 9,000 years old. Makes me more than a bit upset. dry.gif

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

Formerly known as Golden arm42
PM
Deasthana
Posted: Apr 22 2009, 08:54 AM

Morrigan
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 746

I find difficulty in believing to Darwinist theories. It seems to me that the evolution has been proved wrong by science too. Darwin wrote that all genetic mutations were basically due to chance, and that, by the process of "natural selection", only the beings with useful mutations would be allowed to survive, taking on the others by their advantageous mutation, and therefore making the others of their kind die, from starving or simply by killing them.

This means, only beings with useful mutation were able to survive. The problem is, with the 4.2billion years old of the Earth, and then with the 150-200 million years old of life on Earth, this argument is wronged by probability. M. Denton wrote about that in his book "Evolution, a Theory in Crisis". I will not quote him, because I have a french translation of the book, but I'll try to summarize his argument:

Words of twelve letters as "construction" or "unreasonnable"are so rare that we can only find one by chance in a chain of 10^14 letters. There are also approximatively 10^14 minutes in 200 million years. We can imagine what time it would take to a typing ape to accidentally type a twelve-letters word.
Sentences, even short ones, are even rarer. Linguists think that the number of possible english sentences of one hundred letters is about 10^25; but since there is a total of 26^100 or 10^130 possible sequences of 100 letters, about less than 1/100 is an english sentence. We cannot even imagine how big 10^100 is, and to give a vague idea of how big it is, it is enough to remind that there are only about 10^70 atoms in the whole observable universe...

I tried to summarize and translate from french to english a text which was already translated from english to french... But I think we can get the main idea of it. Chance can hardly be a source of evolution, simply because it would have needed a lot more time to develop.

We can also add to this that archaeologists only found what is called "stages of evolution", for example: monkey --> Man. But a lot of life forms supposed to stand inbetween are missing, and that by dating both possible forms, it becomes difficult (relatively to time, again) to imagine that the evolution could have been accomplished in so few time.

Therefore, I do not trust in Darwin's theories. My only answer is that there must be a First Being, a "Great Architect", how they called it in the French's 16th Century. Gods of the modern religions are not acceptable to me either, but this is another story. The Great Architect's task would only have been to organise the universe by setting physical laws, which would make it go in a way it could "live" for long...
PM
DookPlunkIdiot
Posted: Apr 22 2009, 03:10 PM

Former High Council member
Group Icon

Member No.: 154

Lol, I believe in evolution.

QUOTE (starwolf)
I have a friend here at college who wants to be a religious politician (if that makes sense  ) and he says the earth is only 10,000 years old, humans came to be on this earth in the image we are today, and that there was no Big Bang, and that the Earth is in the center of the universe and the first thing God created. This is think is complete poppycock, and if he said this if he was a senator, he would immedietly be removed because of his deep devotion to his faith.

i'm sorry but I find this comment extremely hilarious

--------------------
Previously known as: Necroswordia and DookPlunkIdiot, RS Username: Necroswordia
user posted image
Please warn me if my new signature is too big
PM
Fivey Is Pwnage
Posted: Apr 22 2009, 04:16 PM

How many brains do you have?
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 24

Sorta weird that I saw this topic on the night were talking about Creation vs. Evolution at church blink.gif

I believe in creationism. I think that God created us and is guiding everyone. I think that He helps us make choices and helps all the leaders of the world make correct decisions. In response to the "we evolved from monkeys" theory, I think God liked our design and when He made monkeys he decided to make them like our design.

I know science does have a few good points, but to anyone who thinks that, so we gained the ability to talk as we were evolving from monkeys? And also see this website for more reasons why I believe in creationism.

As you can see im quite religious, but I'm not really scientist material laugh.gif

Rawr. I'm not that good at debating lol.
king.gif Fiveh king.gif

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Thanks Dylan!^^^^^
My Blog!!! Clicky pl0x %mh%8%mh%
PM
[LTH]-starwolf_ftw
Posted: Apr 22 2009, 04:57 PM

OMG BOOM@
Group Icon

Member No.: 449

QUOTE (DookPlunkIdiot @ Apr 22 2009, 03:10 PM)
Lol, I believe in evolution.

QUOTE (starwolf)
I have a friend here at college who wants to be a religious politician (if that makes sense  ) and he says the earth is only 10,000 years old, humans came to be on this earth in the image we are today, and that there was no Big Bang, and that the Earth is in the center of the universe and the first thing God created. This is think is complete poppycock, and if he said this if he was a senator, he would immedietly be removed because of his deep devotion to his faith.

i'm sorry but I find this comment extremely hilarious

Oh yeah, I have something to add to this that he told me earlier..

"I also belive god put fossil feuls in the earth below us so that we may have a power source for when we were technologically advanced to use it."

Seriously... WTF!!! laugh.gif

Don't worry Fiveh, main part of a debate is actually participating.

--------------------
user posted image

Expect more about this later today. biggrin.gif
user posted image
PM
Wolfclaw104
Posted: Apr 22 2009, 05:21 PM

Unregistered

I completly disagre with evolution. Their are a couple main points to my conclusion. First of all, I heard scientists beleive humans evolved from mud, whats the possibility of that? I think it would be hard to go down and pick up some mud and think thats were you came from....Even science doesn't support that, the substances of mud could not form a human body. Science doesn't explain everything, it is a matter of faith. If your a christian you will not agree with evolution. I think it is impossible that something could form a human body over the course of years. It is all faith...

-Wolf
Golden arm42
Posted: Apr 22 2009, 05:35 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Wolfclaw104 @ Apr 22 2009, 10:21 PM)
I completly disagre with evolution. Their are a couple main points to my conclusion. First of all, I heard scientists beleive humans evolved from mud, whats the possibility of that? I think it would be hard to go down and pick up some mud and think thats were you came from....Even science doesn't support that, the substances of mud could not form a human body.

I don't know where you heard that, as mud isn't living, but for the record, the same CHNOPS (carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, phosphorus, and sulfur) molecules that make up almost all living things can be found in mud as well. smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

Formerly known as Golden arm42
PM
lordblack656
Posted: Apr 22 2009, 08:34 PM

DoNt hAtE CuZ iM GrEAt
Group Icon

QUOTE (Wolfclaw104 @ Apr 22 2009, 05:21 PM)
I completly disagre with evolution. Their are a couple main points to my conclusion. First of all, I heard scientists beleive humans evolved from mud, whats the possibility of that? I think it would be hard to go down and pick up some mud and think thats were you came from....Even science doesn't support that, the substances of mud could not form a human body. Science doesn't explain everything, it is a matter of faith. If your a christian you will not agree with evolution. I think it is impossible that something could form a human body over the course of years. It is all faith...

-Wolf

lol we coulda came from mud, u know if it hardens? lol but ur right prolly not, ive never heard of the mud thing though so idk wtf ur comin from
oh and what do you guys think about them not teaching it in school? do u think they should be able to?

--------------------

user posted image
%mh%10%mh%
PM
[LTH]-emad
Posted: Apr 22 2009, 09:50 PM

hellbound worshipper
Group Icon

Member No.: 511

mmmkay let me sum this up kiddos.. god didn't create us we evolved from monkeys. Gf god.

--------------------

user posted image<3
PM
lordblack656
Posted: Apr 23 2009, 07:23 AM

DoNt hAtE CuZ iM GrEAt
Group Icon

QUOTE (emad @ Apr 22 2009, 09:50 PM)
mmmkay let me sum this up kiddos.. god didn't create us we evolved from moneys. Gf god.

ohmy.gif lol if we evolved from "moneys" that would explain why almost every1 depends on money when they're older lol =)

--------------------

user posted image
%mh%10%mh%
PM
dflame58
Posted: Apr 23 2009, 02:04 PM

Purple Ranger
Group Icon

Member No.: 516

i believe in survival of the fittest.

poor not fit
rich are fit

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Trophys :)
user posted image
user posted image
PM
Wolfclaw104
Posted: Apr 23 2009, 03:08 PM

Unregistered

mmmkay let me sum this up kiddos.. god didn't create us we evolved from moneys. Gf god.

yes, but who made the monkeys?
[LTH]-emad
Posted: Apr 23 2009, 06:52 PM

hellbound worshipper
Group Icon

Member No.: 511

QUOTE (Wolfclaw104 @ Apr 23 2009, 03:08 PM)

yes, but who made the monkeys?

If you belive god made us then what made him?

--------------------

user posted image<3
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | The Debate Room | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (3) [1] 2 3  Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive