Create your own social network with a free forum.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Ancient Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Ancient Legion regrets to inform we have closed our doors.
It has been a good time, guys!

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Enough is Enough
Golden arm42
Posted: Apr 19 2009, 03:54 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Things are going to change. Right now. The lack of committment and accountability will end. Now.

This issue has been has dogging us for a long time, and I've tried, over this period, to be the nice guy. To try to convince freeloaders to contribute and to convince people to do their jobs. Now, apparently, this issue has brought us close to a point of no return. I'm not going to let us go over the cliff. For a long time now, I've tried to be everyone's friend -- and this is what's happened. Now, instead of asking why we do things, it'll be people's job TO do them. Please read below.

The basic problem is a lack of committment to the clan. We've got people who only care about their individual goals in Runescape. That's perfectly fine. But you don't belong in a clan, at least not in Ancient Legion. There are people -- namely Kid Damon and Starwolf -- who work their rears off to make this clan a better place. Now, these people -- the very best our clan has -- are on the verge of leaving because of people being lazy. When they say something, people complain, whine, do whatever they can to get out of it. When Damon calls a short-prep war, people make excuses or suddenly log. When Starwolf explains new rules to keep the forums more organized, he's attacked and not respected. This will change immediately. From now on, people are going to listen to these kinds of decisions or be punished. Is it what I would like to do? No. But I care too much about the clan to let a few people slowly screw us over with their lack of committment while clouding the determination of those who really do care.

Yet, the staff is not immune to this as well. I hate having to call out people, because that's not my way, but I'm going to this time in the hope it'll inspire people to shape up. I'll take the Event Coordinators as an example. In the last 90 days, y'all have scheduled 18 events. Now, when you signed up, you each committed to scheduling at least one event per week. There are four of you. Now, I'm fairly good at math, but it doesn't take a genius to determine that there should be 48 events scheduled, not 18. Although I hate to say it, and I respect all of you, you're not doing your jobs. If you can't because of inactivity or lack of desire, that's fine, but don't keep your rank and not deliver the goods. There will be replacements if there isn't a change in output.

This is tough talk, and I've talked tough before. I've learned my lesson the hard way, now, with people on the brink of leaving, and I'd urge you to understand I mean what I say. Freeloaders don't have a place here anymore, and if you continue to freeload and leech off what other people who work harder put into the clan, don't expect to stay around too long. I hate to do this, and I hope people will listen and change for the better and I won't have to start hefting the banhammer. Please don't make me have to do that, but I will.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

Formerly known as Golden arm42
PM
Craig
Posted: Apr 19 2009, 04:25 PM

Unregistered

I agree with everything you have said there, Golden.

I havn't exactly been doing my bit (Namely going to Events, Wars etc) and after reading that, I am going to change. From now on, if there is an Event, or War, then I will try my best to attend it.

I will also try to make some Members events, post a bit more, and try to make Ancient Legion a better place.

If you do change some Event Team member's, then I would be more than happy to try to schecule events often.

So, of I go now to go help out biggrin.gif
animal magik
Posted: Apr 19 2009, 04:27 PM

Mwuahahahaha! ...meow.
Group Icon

Group: High Council
Member No.: 534

Sorry for being a bit slack in scheduling events Golden, but what is the point of scheduling them when no one shows up to 3 of them in a row?
I've been working very hard to fit in events with a very busy lifestyle, but no one shows to them, even after they complain we don't have enough events. While this one's still on the Event Coordinators, it's more on the general clan members.
And seriously, speaking of working rears off to make this place better, who's scheduled the most events in the past month? glare.gif

--------------------
user posted image
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
user posted image

[LTH]-starwolf_ftw
Posted: Apr 19 2009, 04:32 PM

OMG BOOM@
Group Icon

Group: Lethality Member
Member No.: 449

QUOTE (animal magik @ Apr 19 2009, 04:27 PM)
Sorry for being a bit slack in scheduling events Golden, but what is the point of scheduling them when no one shows up to 3 of them in a row?
I've been working very hard to fit in events with a very busy lifestyle, but no one shows to them, even after they complain we don't have enough events. While this one's still on the Event Coordinators, it's more on the general clan members.
And seriously, speaking of working rears off to make this place better, who's scheduled the most events in the past month? glare.gif

Well to be honest, you have been scheduling events for our most experienced members lately. Arma trips, bandos trips and the like, not all of us can attend them and the rest don't want that much risk. Stick to events everyone can go to. It's a shame the skilling event didn't turn out well, but it was in the middle of a competition when ppl couldn't be asked to stop training. Timing is everything when it comes to this stuff.

--------------------
user posted image

Expect more about this later today. biggrin.gif
user posted image
PM
animal magik
Posted: Apr 19 2009, 04:40 PM

Mwuahahahaha! ...meow.
Group Icon

Never done an arma trip. o.o
Chaos Elemental isn't for experience people, especially seeing if we got people who actually said they'd come, coming, lvls 70 and 80 could have easilly survived.
Bandos trip is a gimme I suppose, but 10+ people saying they'll come, and no one coming. Go figure.
Skilling event. All day. F2p so everyone could come. Did anyone? No. Optional too so don't say they wouldn't have wanted to fish all day.
But I do agree with you a little Star, some of the events I've scheduled HAVE been for the more 'experienced' people, but definitely not all of them.
And with the contest, maybe the skilling event was there so people could have a break if they wanted to?
Seriously, between 7 days of non stop melee training or 6 days and 1 day having fun fishing with the clan, I'd pick the second one.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

dflame58
Posted: Apr 19 2009, 04:54 PM

Purple Ranger
Group Icon

Group: Retired Member
Member No.: 516

I agree as well golden.

about hte ECs,
we do need more events but when you think about it realistically, people dont want to have to be going to events all the time. Im trying to start making minigame events once a week if i'm not busy thats why they pop up like 2 days before the event is held.

keep up the work golden. This is needed.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Trophys :)
user posted image
user posted image
PM
animal magik
Posted: Apr 19 2009, 04:57 PM

Mwuahahahaha! ...meow.
Group Icon

I'm seriously busting my gut trying my hardest to schedule events though, so please guys, actually show up?

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Golden arm42
Posted: Apr 19 2009, 04:59 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (animal magik @ Apr 19 2009, 09:27 PM)

Me, case in point. happy.gif

It doesn't really matter what kinds of events -- as they're all unique. Quality will take care of itself. Right now we need quantity. smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

Formerly known as Golden arm42
PM
animal magik
Posted: Apr 19 2009, 05:01 PM

Mwuahahahaha! ...meow.
Group Icon

And do you know how much of a let down it is when someone's trying their hardest to improve events in this clan and no one bothers to show at all? To 3 in a row?
And I'm pretty sure I've scheduled at least 4 events this month, which is basically one a week, and I've been away for a weekend on a stupid music camp too and weekends are the only times I can schedule them because of timezones.
Btw checky events forum pl0x?

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Imso Hot
Posted: Apr 19 2009, 05:17 PM

Firepower
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 706

Shouldnt be that hard to schedule 1 even a week ohmy.gif

Since everything is counted as an event, make clan meetups, f2p funning, 1 hour skilling contests and stuff happy.gif

Event Coordinators are in powerful position since if they can make us good events, we enjoy them and then we also show up

And thats the best way to get to know each others

--------------------
user posted image
animal magik
Posted: Apr 19 2009, 05:18 PM

Mwuahahahaha! ...meow.
Group Icon

Check events forum please Golden + others -.-
And yeah Imso, it's not that hard, just get people to actually come?

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Imso Hot
Posted: Apr 19 2009, 05:20 PM

Firepower
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 706

QUOTE (animal magik @ Apr 20 2009, 01:18 AM)
Check events forum please Golden + others -.-
And yeah Imso, it's not that hard, just get people to actually come?

Do somethign different, ask people what they like

When you come to an event and enjoy, its much more likely that you'll come again

--------------------
user posted image
animal magik
Posted: Apr 19 2009, 05:21 PM

Mwuahahahaha! ...meow.
Group Icon

Imso, I've never scheduled a same event twice.
Other EC's have scheduled one that's been scheduled before (which is fine) and I've been going to schedule another KBD trip soon (but one's just been scheduled) and there's plenty of diversity in the events yet the same type of events too, but no one seems to care no matter what type it is.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

damon
Posted: Apr 19 2009, 05:21 PM

Unregistered

QUOTE (animal magik @ Apr 19 2009, 05:01 PM)
And do you know how much of a let down it is when someone's trying their hardest to improve events in this clan and no one bothers to show at all? To 3 in a row?
And I'm pretty sure I've scheduled at least 4 events this month, which is basically one a week, and I've been away for a weekend on a stupid music camp too and weekends are the only times I can schedule them because of timezones.

finally u see how i feel about warring now dont u? i make games i make fun events i do everything to get people to get better at warring and its a let down. Welcome to ancient legion, for the first time uve become more then just a regular member once u realized all this.
animal magik
Posted: Apr 19 2009, 05:25 PM

Mwuahahahaha! ...meow.
Group Icon

QUOTE (damon @ Apr 19 2009, 05:21 PM)
QUOTE (animal magik @ Apr 19 2009, 05:01 PM)
And do you know how much of a let down it is when someone's trying their hardest to improve events in this clan and no one bothers to show at all?  To 3 in a row?

finally u see how i feel about warring now dont u? i make games i make fun events i do everything to get people to get better at warring and its a let down. Welcome to ancient legion, for the first time uve become more then just a regular member once u realized all this.

I know, and I did two or so weeks ago which is why I told you I'd be attending all wars that are reasonable for my timezone from now on, two weeks ago.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | News | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (3) [1] 2 3  Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive