zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Ancient Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Ancient Legion regrets to inform we have closed our doors.
It has been a good time, guys!

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  ( Go to first unread post ) New TopicNew Poll

A Warning!, I've noticed this of late....
K Arthur90
Posted: Apr 17 2009, 07:48 PM

FEAR ME!
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 440

> No need to get angry. It's not you lord. I can say three names of ppl that I know who used to do that, and none of them are you.

--------------------

user posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image

PM
[LTH]-starwolf_ftw
Posted: Apr 17 2009, 09:31 PM

OMG BOOM@
Group Icon

Group: Lethality Member
Member No.: 449

Lord, please settle down. No one even said you were lying.

--------------------
user posted image

Expect more about this later today. biggrin.gif
user posted image
PM
Craig
Posted: Apr 18 2009, 06:40 AM

Unregistered

To me, if a topic is showing in a Forum, then I will post. If you want to cut all of the dead topic posting down, then change the god damn Default topic date.

I look at old Topics sometimes, by old I sometimes mean some of the 1st topics in that Forum, but I dont post.

As far as I'm concerned, if a Topic is showing in a Forums, even if it is 29 hrs and 59 mins since last post, I will still post. Regardless of the rules.

If you want ME to do the dead topic rule, then change the default thing. Otherwise, I will still post on topics that show.,

As for the double postting, enable Flood Control. Make it 30 seconds. That way, it stops people from accidently double posting. And if it's on puirpoes (Like minutes after) then use K arthurs warning sign, and warn them.

Simples.
[LTH]-starwolf_ftw
Posted: Apr 18 2009, 12:55 PM

OMG BOOM@
Group Icon

Group: Lethality Member
Member No.: 449

QUOTE (Craig @ Apr 18 2009, 06:40 AM)
To me, if a topic is showing in a Forum, then I will post. If you want to cut all of the dead topic posting down, then change the god damn Default topic date.

I look at old Topics sometimes, by old I sometimes mean some of the 1st topics in that Forum, but I dont post.

As far as I'm concerned, if a Topic is showing in a Forums, even if it is 29 hrs and 59 mins since last post, I will still post. Regardless of the rules.

If you want ME to do the dead topic rule, then change the default thing. Otherwise, I will still post on topics that show.,

As for the double postting, enable Flood Control. Make it 30 seconds. That way, it stops people from accidently double posting. And if it's on puirpoes (Like minutes after) then use K arthurs warning sign, and warn them.

Simples.

Are you basically saying that you are going to be a pain and post on all our older topics volunteeringly? I'll keep my eyes on your Craig because we need to get these forums more organized. Please just enable some self control....

--------------------
user posted image

Expect more about this later today. biggrin.gif
user posted image
PM
K Arthur90
Posted: Apr 18 2009, 01:38 PM

FEAR ME!
Group Icon

Member No.: 440

> Changing the default "Up to 30 days" view doesn't affect you because you have already registered, so you'll still be seeing 30-day-old topics. You'd have to change that on ur control panel. Leaders/TA/Council can change that for you, but IMO that'd be ignoring the members privacy, and freedom of choice.

> Star, Craig is indeed correct. As long as the thread is open and anyone can see it, it's allowed to post on it. That's why we close threads that are bumped needlessly. Which, in turn, explains why every forum have moderators. happy.gif

--------------------

user posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted image

PM
Deasthana
Posted: Apr 20 2009, 04:17 PM

Morrigan
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 746

I just have a small thing to say about that, hope no one will mind...

It seems to me that forcing trial members to post more than twenty times on forum before being acknowledged as a full member will only help double posting. I remember that I have had to look around for all topics I was interested in to get my twenty posts. This might mean waking up old topics by bumping them, and if you still are new on the forum, you may not know everything of its use and information yet, and therefore post on old topics...

I can admit that twenty is not that much to do and is not a too difficult thing to accomplish, yet again as trial members do not know the forums well enough (because it seems to me that as a trial member, you're getting to learn about it), this rule might cause them some problems...

That excepted, I agree with the principle of the rule, double-posting and having old topics coming forward as you read are really boring things...
PM
Craig
Posted: Apr 21 2009, 11:23 AM

Unregistered

QUOTE (starwolf_ftw @ Apr 18 2009, 12:55 PM)
QUOTE (Craig @ Apr 18 2009, 06:40 AM)

Simples.

Are you basically saying that you are going to be a pain and post on all our older topics volunteeringly? I'll keep my eyes on your Craig because we need to get these forums more organized. Please just enable some self control....

I'm saying, if a Topic is veiwable, then I'll post in it. Full Stop (.)
Lit
Posted: Apr 21 2009, 04:13 PM

Pixel Wizard
Group Icon

Group: Warlord
Member No.: 631

QUOTE (Craig @ Apr 21 2009, 01:23 PM)

I'm saying, if a Topic is veiwable, then I'll post in it. Full Stop (.)

Have fun getting banned, then? If you go with a "I post wherever I want you can't stop me" attitude, you're just slowing the Clan back down to the super-spamness, and if you actually cared you'd look at the date the topic was made, and if the discussion has ended or just isn't going anymore, you wouldn't f'king post.

Again, you can do what you want, you need to stick to the rules set by the Leaders, or Council(s) in this case.

--------------------
PM
Golden arm42
Posted: Apr 21 2009, 05:13 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

Member No.: 1

Apparently Craig thinks the rules don't apply to him. dry.gif

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

Formerly known as Golden arm42
PM
lordblack656
Posted: Apr 21 2009, 05:44 PM

DoNt hAtE CuZ iM GrEAt
Group Icon

Group: Retired Member
Member No.: 671

craig, theres no need to be a rebel here, i mean i agree with you, that if its showed u should be able to post, but i think that only if its on the front page thing, if its like on the last page, then you shouldnt post cuz its done and over with now for a long time. so please dont be a pain. noone likes a rebel lol

--------------------

user posted image
%mh%10%mh%
PM
Lamb Bug
Posted: Apr 21 2009, 07:02 PM

Founder
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

This has turned into a conflict. The rules are in effect.

Topic closed.

--------------------
user posted image

OMGWTFBBQSAUCE
PM
Kerkennah
Posted: Apr 21 2009, 08:37 PM

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
Group Icon

Group: High Council
Member No.: 444

People listen to the rules they aren't hard. Craig stop rebelling for stupid reasons. thumbdown.gif

--------------------
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Council of Members | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 [3]  New TopicNew Poll

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive