Create a free forum in seconds.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Ancient Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Ancient Legion regrets to inform we have closed our doors.
It has been a good time, guys!

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) New TopicNew Poll

A Warning!, I've noticed this of late....
[LTH]-starwolf_ftw
Posted: Apr 14 2009, 11:35 AM

OMG BOOM@
Group Icon

Group: Lethality Member
Member No.: 449

NEW FORUM RULES

I would of posted this in the "News" section, but the new AL weekly is up, so I won't post in front of that, but regardless...

The past week or so, I've noticed that some of our members, I will not say names, have been working really hard on their post counts. That's really great to hear and see, but sometimes that there can be too much of a good thing can really hurt a forums.

I've seem the following scenarios lately and I would like for us as a clan to cut back on this, so please listen up...

1.) No more doulbe posting! angry.gif This is seriously getting on my nerves and can be frustrating to some others. If you double post, you can only do so if the time difference between your two posts better be more then 24 hours.

The only way I think this is hard on some others is when they want to quote more then 1 person for their reply on a post. This is why we have a "QUOTE" button on the "Reply to Post" page. Just hit the "QUOTE" button and just either copy and paste or write out the section you want to quote. Problem solved.

2.) No more posting on really old topics unless there is a really good reason for it. The time limit for posting on an old topic is 10 days, and for good reason too. We don't need to bring up old news again which might cause havoc. If I must close every topic that is 10 days and older to keep this from happening, I will do so.

The only section of the forums that this rule is not affected on is the "Blogs/Acheivments" forum because it's a journal of your Runescape playing and you can take breaks from it. If you would like to post on an old topic for a good reason, and it's locked, please PM one of the Leaders/Council/Senior Members with the topic you want to open back up and a reason why you want it to be opened by telling them what you would reply on it.

3.) It also seems that we've been having miniconversations on posts that are unrelated to the first intended message. I've noticed on some blogs that people were talking bout cheese and other objects for about 10 replies on it. On some other threads I've seen the entire message be forgotten and a new conversation has been formed on it.

This is not a rule I will enforce as it really does not need enforcing, but please, stop doing this. This would make the thread creator feel ignored about the topic they brought up if it wasn't being discussed in their topic. If you want to have a conversation with someone, we have other ways of doing it. There's PM'ing on the forums, the shoutbox on the frontpage on the forums, PM'ing on Runescape itself, and the clan chat. Please utilise what has been given to you and use it correctly.

With these three guidelines, we should have a better community, but for those who still intend to break (even though they are doing it for the right reasons) will be warned and further intent on breaking them will result in a black mark. Let's keep this an organised forums and lets let them have their intended use.

-Wolfe

--------------------
user posted image

Expect more about this later today. biggrin.gif
user posted image
PM
Imso Hot
Posted: Apr 14 2009, 12:01 PM

Firepower
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 706

Your scared that someone will go past you in posts someday arent you? laugh.gif

Easy for you to say after spamming yourself rolleyes.gif

--------------------
user posted image
[LTH]-starwolf_ftw
Posted: Apr 14 2009, 12:14 PM

OMG BOOM@
Group Icon

That was over a month or two ago, I've cut down my post counts per day tremendously because I got word that it was annoying some people. I don't care if people pass me in post count, but some people are trying to raise it the wrong way.

And if someone is going to pass me in post count, they're going to have to spam their [BEEP] off for a few months to make it to where I'm at today.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PM
Imso Hot
Posted: Apr 14 2009, 12:16 PM

Firepower
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 706

It was sarcasm dry.gif

--------------------
user posted image
K Arthur90
Posted: Apr 14 2009, 12:44 PM

FEAR ME!
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 440

>Some of you may notice that I don't post on all blogs. It's not that I don't actually read your blogs. It's just that I only post on them when I actually have something to add to the blog.

>I never go posting content-less messages thread after thread to raise post count.

>As for the double post, that why I made the big "Double Post Detected" warning signs, so people can see what they are doing. We just gotta use them.

>As for the 10 day topic limit, raise it to 14 days (two weeks).

>As for the side conversation on threads, it is the thread starter responsability to keep the conversation on the main subject. If the subject gets to a higher level of development, anyone can request a mod/council/me/leader to split the topic into a new one.

--------------------

user posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image

PM
[LTH]-starwolf_ftw
Posted: Apr 14 2009, 01:18 PM

OMG BOOM@
Group Icon

10 days is more then enough time for a thread to be considered dead. Someone just posted on the Sacred Champions vote we had about 10 days ago, it's long over and dead, ppl stil post though. 10 days is fine.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PM
Kerkennah
Posted: Apr 14 2009, 03:20 PM

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
Group Icon

Group: High Council
Member No.: 444

I wouldn't have thought this would be rules, I thought they were already in affect lol.

--------------------
user posted image
K Arthur90
Posted: Apr 14 2009, 04:46 PM

FEAR ME!
Group Icon

Member No.: 440

>OK OK. But still, use the warning images I made. That will help lowering bumping and DP'ing.

--------------------

user posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted image

PM
Craig
Posted: Apr 14 2009, 05:28 PM

Unregistered

Sometimes, people have slow connection (Like me on my Laptop down my Caravan), so sometimes they click twice. A tip: If you have a Slow connection for whatever reason, then just go do something else (Drawing on PC, IRL, TV etc).

About that 10 day limit, here is my Suggestion:

Do what Star suggested. But, an Admin/TA should change the topic thingh
so it automatica;;y shoows topics in the past 10 days. Therefore, if the Topic isn't showing, then don't post in it. Unless it;s YOUR blog.
dflame58
Posted: Apr 14 2009, 05:41 PM

Purple Ranger
Group Icon

Group: Retired Member
Member No.: 516

QUOTE (K Arthur90 @ Apr 14 2009, 04:46 PM)
That will help lowering DP'ing.

lol

dp

lol.

sry i had to go off topic on that.

to stay on topic

replys to threads should be on topic. It happens too much that things stray off topic.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Trophys :)
user posted image
user posted image
PM
Lamb Bug
Posted: Apr 14 2009, 05:53 PM

Founder
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

To be honest, post count really means nothing. It's not how many posts you make, it's how thoughtful and good those posts are.

--------------------
user posted image

OMGWTFBBQSAUCE
PM
lordblack656
Posted: Apr 14 2009, 06:27 PM

DoNt hAtE CuZ iM GrEAt
Group Icon

Group: Retired Member
Member No.: 671

sorry, i wasnt trying to double post on purpose to raise post count,and star i think im the only person that has been doing that, that and the posting on all topics, i think ive said something good not just "congratulations" like a lot of people do, i add more to it to make it sound better and more rewarding, but i see that people are getting mad so i just wont post anymore except maybe 2 or 3 posts a week, if that makes everybody happy
To be honest, post count really means nothing. It's not how many posts you make, it's how thoughtful and good those posts are.
as lamb said thats all im really trying to do, be nice and try to become known in clan. and maybe i have posted on topics that have been over 10 days, but its because i didnt know about them until that time, sorry.

--------------------

user posted image
%mh%10%mh%
PM
Dude12dragon
Posted: Apr 14 2009, 06:41 PM

This Dragon is Hawt
Group Icon

Group: Event Coordinator
Member No.: 588

oops maybe this was because of me lol i think it is little bit of a spammer lately unsure.gif

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
LUV LIST v1.1: ani, lit, nick, alex, tom, imso, cody, kev, pura, tubby, kerk, tidus, arth, jaal, blom, obby, and faint
PM
animal magik
Posted: Apr 14 2009, 07:00 PM

Mwuahahahaha! ...meow.
Group Icon

Group: High Council
Member No.: 534

QUOTE (starwolf_ftw @ Apr 14 2009, 01:18 PM)
10 days is more then enough time for a thread to be considered dead. Someone just posted on the Sacred Champions vote we had about 10 days ago, it's long over and dead, ppl stil post though. 10 days is fine.

After 9 or so days, Mr. Perfectionist. dry.gif

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

[LTH]-starwolf_ftw
Posted: Apr 14 2009, 07:56 PM

OMG BOOM@
Group Icon

As with everything that seems knida new, I knew this was going to come under fire...

It doesn't matter how many times people do post, I agree with with Lamb is saying, but with these suggestions of mine we can at least get our forums be a bit more organized.

Sorry Animal about the 9 day thing, but we were done talking about it and then you post on it which bumps it up, which could of sparked more about a topic that is already been decided on. Imagine if this was on like MTD's post he made a while ago, if that was bumped, our new members would read and would wonder what the hell happened.

Lordblack, you do post alot and most of your posts are not spam, but sometimes it can be overwhelming when I see about 4-5 new topics/polls the next time I get on forums. Feel free to post, just cut back on thread creation so it saves our bandwidth and doesnt' clog our forums.

D12, all you need to do is just watch which items you are posting on, you've had a few incidents where you have posted on really old items (really old being older then 10 days) and bumps the old topic up to cover up the new, more recent stuff that affects us now.

If anything, I care about these forums as much as Damon does our Warring, and the forums are my battleground and I will fight to keep them uncluttered, neat, and organized. Please just bear with me.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Council of Members | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (3) [1] 2 3  New TopicNew Poll

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive