zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Ancient Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Ancient Legion regrets to inform we have closed our doors.
It has been a good time, guys!

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Lethality War Recap
Golden arm42
Posted: Apr 11 2009, 04:10 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

As you know, we fought Lethality today. It was a nailbiter, intense down to the very last few kills, and we managed to triumph by a slim margin. I'd like to thank our allies from TPL for showing up with levels for this one; as allies, they came through when we needed them most, and we combined to pull 32 people, a very strong number. biggrin.gif:

That being said...the war should not have been close AT ALL. Instead of finishing with 7, we should have finished with at least 15+. Lethality really dominated us this war, and our numbers managed to save us. This is getting to be an old refrain: but we NEED to get our act together and get serious about warring. Showing up once or twice a week to screw around and get wrecked is not only a waste of time but also a blight on AL's character. We need to get it together now, and over the next few days, the warlords and I will work out something. First, the synopsis of this war.

1. Piling This was, by far, our biggest weakness. Our piles were inconsistent (switching from person to person) and not well documented (warlords need to call more; I had no idea what was going on for a good chunk of the time). Warlords, you need to make a call and stick with it; call with authority and get those in line who aren't piling! Members, LISTEN to the warlord; he's in charge for a reason! Later this week, we're going to have a practice that focuses on nothing but piling: it was THAT BAD today.

2. Tanking I'll state right up front that I did a pathetic job tanking today. Of course, I can blame it on the ridiculously laggy laptop I was on (while Lamb hogged the good computer I might add laugh.gif), but just the same, my tanking performance was embarrasing to the clan. A lot of us got killed really fast in the beginning, so I doubt I was alone in this regard, but we all need to do a better job tanking. On a positive note, I saw three people who tanked like machines today: Mastaofmelee, Sword User, and Readtodd. These three tanked forever and should serve as examples of how tanking should be done.

3. Binding. Especially with TPL, but even just ourselves, we should have had at least 10-15 binders. I know Leth will snipe hard, but still, they tanked us forever because we didn't get in a bind. After I died, I went downstairs and watched Lamb tank and he couldn't move -- literally not move -- before a bind would fly in. We need mass binding if we're going to succeed and move quickly through their ranks.

The above three issues are the main facets of warring, and to be honest, we completely failed on piling, and did mediocre jobs tanking and binding. As a clan, I think a lot of recent success has gone to our head. For the next few weeks, we're going to go back to the basics and get those down. It might not be fun or sexy, but it WILL pay off if we improve on these areas.

My thoughts, feel free to comment. smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

Formerly known as Golden arm42
PM
Kerkennah
Posted: Apr 11 2009, 04:14 PM

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
Group Icon

Group: High Council
Member No.: 444

Yup our piling failed
i didn't have a clue who to attk, and when i was in charge and put as leader, no one would listen to me
it really made me mad that i would call piles and half the people would attk another person

Leth snipes hard, when it was my turn to tank i had 3 food left lol..

--------------------
user posted image
thegame910
Posted: Apr 11 2009, 04:16 PM

Unregistered

our piling would be fine if ppl would just LISTEN TO THE CALLER.
Chuffa
Posted: Apr 11 2009, 04:21 PM

129 COMBAT / 1981 TOTAL
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 346

Missed it. God damn girlfriend wanted to go to Sainsbury's :@:@:@

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image %mh%9%mh%
PM
[LTH]-starwolf_ftw
Posted: Apr 11 2009, 04:23 PM

OMG BOOM@
Group Icon

Group: Lethality Member
Member No.: 449

I'd like to nominate Mastaofmelee for MVP for th war. When he tanked, it was the turning point. It was 9-9 when LTH selected him as target, he tanked so long, we got it down to 9-7! That's what won this war for us!

Readtodd and Sword User both did a great job tanking! Even though I ended earlier then I wanted to, bout 2/3rds of way through, it ended the way I wanted to! biggrin.gif

LTH was much harder this time, they made it a requirement to get ventrillo before this war because they knew it was going to be tough, and it showed. They basically whooped us in the beginning, but we got back into it when we unified. Great job guys. Lets have another one!

--------------------
user posted image

Expect more about this later today. biggrin.gif
user posted image
PM
weeyin2
Posted: Apr 11 2009, 04:39 PM

Unregistered

i would of still be alive if it wasnt for lagg.. this is y i dont like coming to wars at this time -.-

from now on i dont think ill be coming to wars that are around 9-10pm gmt

user posted image
Chuffa
Posted: Apr 11 2009, 04:45 PM

129 COMBAT / 1981 TOTAL
Group Icon

Member No.: 346

War in Low-Def then Weeyin :\

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image %mh%9%mh%
PM
mastaofmelee
Posted: Apr 11 2009, 04:51 PM

You can call me Tony.
Group Icon

Group: Retired Member
Member No.: 747

Thanks Wolfe! biggrin.gif

I think they were callin me outta bounds at one point, but I wasn't out long and went half the distance I know that we chased one of theirs out. I didn't really know what center bounds meant after we chased that guy, this was my first time in this arena. blink.gif

user posted image

Here's their last member goin down hard. Good fight AL! banana.gif banana.gif banana.gif

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PM
Dager007
Posted: Apr 11 2009, 04:56 PM

Group Icon

Group: Warlord
Member No.: 642

I completely forgot about the war, I went to see Dragonball Evolution and only remembered just now dry.gif

--------------------
Proud sniper of AL.
user posted image
user posted image
PM
Mudball99
Posted: Apr 11 2009, 05:01 PM

Group Icon

Group: Clan Friend
Member No.: 769

QUOTE (Golden arm42 @ Apr 11 2009, 04:10 PM)
1. Piling This was, by far, our biggest weakness. Our piles were inconsistent (switching from person to person) and not well documented (warlords need to call more; I had no idea what was going on for a good chunk of the time). Warlords, you need to make a call and stick with it; call with authority and get those in line who aren't piling! Members, LISTEN to the warlord; he's in charge for a reason! Later this week, we're going to have a practice that focuses on nothing but piling: it was THAT BAD today.

THANK YOU smile.gif. We need help on this. Some people werent even trying to attempt to pile.

2. Tanking I'll state right up front that I did a pathetic job tanking today. Of course, I can blame it on the ridiculously laggy laptop I was on (while Lamb hogged the good computer I might add laugh.gif), but just the same, my tanking performance was embarrasing to the clan. A lot of us got killed really fast in the beginning, so I doubt I was alone in this regard, but we all need to do a better job tanking. On a positive note, I saw three people who tanked like machines today: Mastaofmelee, Sword User, and Readtodd. These three tanked forever and should serve as examples of how tanking should be done.

Eh, i sucked tanking today too, more or less becuase i'm level 77...

3. Binding. Especially with TPL, but even just ourselves, we should have had at least 10-15 binders. I know Leth will snipe hard, but still, they tanked us forever because we didn't get in a bind. After I died, I went downstairs and watched Lamb tank and he couldn't move -- literally not move -- before a bind would fly in. We need mass binding if we're going to succeed and move quickly through their ranks.

Ill start bringing binds too. We should designate a decent 5-15 binders, rather than making it optional and have 1 or 2 people bring them. Ill start bringing some too.

My thoughts too tongue.gif

I agree with most of what you said.

^Replied above^

--------------------
user posted image
PM
Tmssoccer
Posted: Apr 11 2009, 05:21 PM

Unregistered

user posted image

And I lagged out marching to the clan wars arena, this comp is fail sad.gif
Redeyes2496
Posted: Apr 11 2009, 05:35 PM

RSN: Redeyes2496
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 395

Yeah, the piling definitely needs work on. I'll admit my tanking was pretty bad too; didn't even have time to tank lol. But the piling needs to be worked on, it's really not hard to listen to orders. Also, can we get it so that calls are more clear? Whenever I'm in wars the warlord will make a call, however golden or lamb may make other calls, in which I don't know which to follow?

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
Kerkennah
Posted: Apr 11 2009, 05:41 PM

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
Group Icon

Group: High Council
Member No.: 444

QUOTE (Redeyes2496 @ Apr 11 2009, 06:35 PM)
Yeah, the piling definitely needs work on. I'll admit my tanking was pretty bad too; didn't even have time to tank lol. But the piling needs to be worked on, it's really not hard to listen to orders. Also, can we get it so that calls are more clear? Whenever I'm in wars the warlord will make a call, however golden or lamb may make other calls, in which I don't know which to follow?

+1 on that
I made a pile and out of no where lamb made another one while i was in charge.

--------------------
user posted image
Imso Hot
Posted: Apr 11 2009, 05:51 PM

Firepower
Group Icon

Member No.: 706

L i was lost since the first second and never knew who to bind..

--------------------
user posted image
damon
Posted: Apr 11 2009, 08:01 PM

Unregistered

my bad... i had to do some work and i couldnt make it to the war... next time it will be alot better calling wise whether its me calling or dark.. i already talkd to him
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | News | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive