zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Ancient Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Ancient Legion regrets to inform we have closed our doors.
It has been a good time, guys!

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

TPL War Recap
Golden arm42
Posted: Apr 10 2009, 04:59 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

As most of you know (or at least should laugh.gif), we had a war this afternoon with our allies TPL. I'd like to thank everyone who came, as we managed another strong turnout with an initial pull of 22 members. The fight was a historic first for AL; as we rallied from a defecit (stretching to 10 or 11 kills at one point) to tie TPL. Good job on the comeback, everyone; it's good to see we didn't give up and put our heads down but instead kept fighting back. smile.gif

With that being said, today's fight shouldn't have been close. We doubled their pull, and although they brought high levels and outleveled us, there's really no reason it should have been so close. Several things we need to address.

1. Piling. Too often, we were spread out and attacking three or four targets at once, and it showed, as we weren't getting quick kills and they were using their high defense and prayer to tank us out. When we DID pile, after regrouping at the portal, we were much more successful, and managed to close the kills gap from eight to two. I'm sure the warlords will think of some ways to improve the piling; perhaps falling back to our portal constantly at turrets, but either way, it's our job to listen to their calls and get on the pile.

2. No-showing. Although work is a valid excuse, and therefore Imso and Yam are excused (although I don't know where Imso would be working at 11 PM his time... blink.gif), I was disappointed that several people deliberately chose not to come; two 100+ that probably would have won the war for us. I'm not going to call you out, because you know who you are, but this attitude of laziness and personal gratification has to stop. I know for a fact that at least one member turned private and clan to off in order to avoid fighting. Since I apparently haven't made this clear before, I'll do so now. Anyone who deliberately avoids going to a war by lying about excuses or turning private/clan chat off will receive a one-week suspension from the CC and forum. Anyone who does it multiple times will be banned. We are a clan and a team, and we owe it to each other to at least show up and get your clanmate's back.

These are the two issues I personally see that need most addressing; everyone else, please chime in with your thoughts.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

Formerly known as Golden arm42
PM
[LTH]-starwolf_ftw
Posted: Apr 10 2009, 05:14 PM

OMG BOOM@
Group Icon

Group: Lethality Member
Member No.: 449

One of those members, in which I recruited so you know which one, was having problems with lag. Lag is terrible for him during this time so cut him some slack. When I have lag, I do my best to come, but I'm normally knocked out because of it. *remembers me getting piled in STAB event* yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah

--------------------
user posted image

Expect more about this later today. biggrin.gif
user posted image
PM
thegame910
Posted: Apr 10 2009, 05:17 PM

Unregistered

+1 on the no-shows, we really need to start cracking down on that. a valid excuse is fine, but blatant avoiding of the wars needs to stop.
Imso Hot
Posted: Apr 10 2009, 05:23 PM

Firepower
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 706

Was it fun? laugh.gif

You were missing your #1 ranger and binder but i see you still did fine ninja.gif

--------------------
user posted image
damon
Posted: Apr 10 2009, 05:42 PM

Unregistered

QUOTE (starwolf_ftw @ Apr 10 2009, 05:14 PM)
One of those members, in which I recruited so you know which one, was having problems with lag. Lag is terrible for him during this time so cut him some slack. When I have lag, I do my best to come, but I'm normally knocked out because of it. *remembers me getting piled in STAB event* yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah

that certain some1 needs to start doing stuff in clan... that person needs to come to events... that person shoulda came anyways to the war seeing it was a pkri... lag is not a good excuse to me cuz that person was clearly on the whole time of the war and like an hour after... i dont see how any1 can play lagging for 2 straight hours and to me.. if u can lag doing whatever ur doing and b able to still play, u can lag at cw
Kerkennah
Posted: Apr 10 2009, 06:15 PM

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
Group Icon

Group: High Council
Member No.: 444

Piling was tough, it was hard to tell who to attack, but going near our portal was a great strategy by damon, it helped alot. Binding and sniping was good today but there were some people 1v1 when the the person on tpl totally out leveled them.

--------------------
user posted image
Imso Hot
Posted: Apr 10 2009, 06:23 PM

Firepower
Group Icon

Member No.: 706

Lagging in cw has mroe negative than positive things (i think?) so dont blame him if his computer is piece of [BEEP] (like my old one)

--------------------
user posted image
Donovan Kays
Posted: Apr 10 2009, 06:32 PM

Let's get AL back to it's former glory.
Group Icon

Member No.: 313

we did a great job coming back to tie

people need to be more commited to the clan and start showing up for wars and not making excuses next time though

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
%mh%5%mh%
PM
weeyin2
Posted: Apr 10 2009, 06:33 PM

Unregistered

dont think there will be a next time for me ha
Redeyes2496
Posted: Apr 10 2009, 06:45 PM

RSN: Redeyes2496
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 395

I had some lag problems, they were annoying...until I remembered I was running limewire lol.

Um yeah, I wasn't like, too happy about everything. I'm getting tired of all of the single piles and stuff like that. I don't see why people can't just listen to the orders that the leaders call. This needs to change.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
damon
Posted: Apr 10 2009, 07:31 PM

Unregistered

QUOTE (weeyin2 @ Apr 10 2009, 06:33 PM)

when will there b a first time ? we give u more then enough notice
Golden arm42
Posted: Apr 10 2009, 07:33 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (damon @ Apr 11 2009, 12:31 AM)
QUOTE (weeyin2 @ Apr 10 2009, 06:33 PM)

when will there b a first time ? we give u more then enough notice

Weeyin, I'm really sorry if you had lag. It's just that recently we've had a lot of people claiming various causes for not coming to wars, and given you managed to stay on and such, I thought you could have at least tried to come. sad.gif

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

Formerly known as Golden arm42
PM
Icewolf68
Posted: Apr 10 2009, 07:45 PM

Bow down before your superior wolf!
Group Icon

Group: On Leave/Vacation
Member No.: 523

Awesome comeback however guys, despite the no-shows!
1 of the problems with the pileing for me at least was someone would be called, and i'd try to find them on my screen but couldn't click them until they were dead. I think we should have 2, maybe even 3 groups according to our numbers for pileing to make things more efficient!

ice

--------------------

Trophy Cabinet
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageuser posted image

user posted image
user posted image
%mh%9%mh%
Redeyes2496
Posted: Apr 10 2009, 08:04 PM

RSN: Redeyes2496
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 395

QUOTE (Icewolf68 @ Apr 10 2009, 07:45 PM)
1 of the problems with the pileing for me at least was someone would be called, and i'd try to find them on my screen but couldn't click them until they were dead. I think we should have 2, maybe even 3 groups according to our numbers for pileing to make things more efficient!

ice

yeah, i kinda like that. we kinda have that now since people don't listen to piles to begin with lol

so maybe if we had some warlords or leaders lead other groups, that would be kinda cool.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
Kerkennah
Posted: Apr 10 2009, 08:10 PM

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
Group Icon

Group: High Council
Member No.: 444

QUOTE (Redeyes2496 @ Apr 10 2009, 09:04 PM)
QUOTE (Icewolf68 @ Apr 10 2009, 07:45 PM)

ice

yeah, i kinda like that. we kinda have that now since people don't listen to piles to begin with lol

so maybe if we had some warlords or leaders lead other groups, that would be kinda cool.

That wouldn't work that well, maybe only two piles, but for clan wars classic map, we only need one pile because it will be easy to find.

--------------------
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | News | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive