Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Ancient Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Ancient Legion regrets to inform we have closed our doors.
It has been a good time, guys!

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) New TopicNew Poll

f the clan
damon
Posted: Apr 8 2009, 10:59 PM

Unregistered

Ive been thinking... I do alot for this clan when it comes to training my combat and such.. Ive went from 45 def to 70... 45 pray to 60... 64 mage to 86... and i find that the clan is in a way, making me stray from my own personal goals. I feel that not many people besides me take an interest in the clan to do stuff like this.. so ive decided its gonna come to an end.. Im training kid to 85 str and 90 mage, and after that, im done training him period. When i ask people to level mage and range for the clan, no one wants to do it, so why should i better my stats for the clan's sake? Its annoying that people are doing whatever they want instead of going to events and stuff. To me not leveling for the clan, and not coming to clan events when you're on is like saying "f the clan." Im no longer gonna put in the effort skill wise to better myself for the clan if no one else is.

With this said im still gonna b doing my job as warlord to the fullest, im just not leveling no more. I'll come to Al events and such when im on, but after kid's members is up, i think im gonna stick with my pure for the most part. The whole reason i came back to kid was to level him for the clan, but since it seems im the only one to care about the clan that much, forget it. Next time i get members ill make to make it on my pure instead
Imso Hot
Posted: Apr 8 2009, 11:37 PM

Firepower
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 706

Err some of us are leveling? And now we have a melee competition coming?

You cant say that all of us are like "f the clan"

--------------------
user posted image
Kerkennah
Posted: Apr 8 2009, 11:43 PM

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
Group Icon

Group: High Council
Member No.: 444

QUOTE (Imso Hot @ Apr 9 2009, 12:37 AM)

+1

--------------------
user posted image
Lit
Posted: Apr 8 2009, 11:45 PM

Pixel Wizard
Group Icon

Group: Warlord
Member No.: 631

QUOTE (Imso Hot @ Apr 9 2009, 01:37 AM)

Not all of us, but the big part. People are on the CC, and when Kid announces a war,everyone logs off, says they don't have rune, time, and stuff like that And they don't even care if the war/events are mandatory.
That is a daily situtation on our CC, and it needs to change.

Also, there are some members here who don't want to level or "can't be annoyed to". We're not a partying clan, you need to level up combat man. Members below the reqs that should be supossed to level up, but don't.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
PM
animal magik
Posted: Apr 8 2009, 11:59 PM

Mwuahahahaha! ...meow.
Group Icon

Group: High Council
Member No.: 534

Damon, seriously dude, grow up. You're being so childish. No one has forced you to level those stats, you chose to. If other people want to, they will, if they don't, it's their choice. People don't play for you, they play for their own enjoyment, if they have goals they want to work on, they'll do that, you can't just boss people around and tell them what to do. And saying you're the only one to care about the clan? Please.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Chuffa
Posted: Apr 9 2009, 01:06 AM

129 COMBAT / 1981 TOTAL
Group Icon

Member No.: 346

I've gotten like 4-5 combat level's since being AL rolleyes.gif. Alot of people have levelled, it's not just you.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image %mh%9%mh%
PM
damon
Posted: Apr 9 2009, 01:09 AM

Unregistered

QUOTE (animal magik @ Apr 8 2009, 11:59 PM)
Damon, seriously dude, grow up. You're being so childish. No one has forced you to level those stats, you chose to. If other people want to, they will, if they don't, it's their choice. People don't play for you, they play for their own enjoyment, if they have goals they want to work on, they'll do that, you can't just boss people around and tell them what to do. And saying you're the only one to care about the clan? Please.

everything i post is a flame war.. when u join a clan.. its not all about u... people tend to think it is.. thats why they put their needs infront of the clan's (im talking about rs needs). If i said right now the clan needed to level range and mage would u? probably not... This is why we cant make no [BEEP]ing progression cuz no1 wants to level for the clan... people are just sitting around 69 combat in a 75+ clan... and dont come here and talk about me animal.. this sht has nothing to do with me so stfu and read.. i said for the clan.... unless im the clan then ur whole fking paragraph was bullshit. And no im not the only 1 who cares about the clan.. Just one of the few that are willing to make sacrifices for the clan... look at star and arthur.. they make sacrifices for the clan on a daily basis... but then there are other members that dont even care about clan enough to be in the [BEEP]ing cc when they are on. Notice how we lost alot of good members because of the lack of devotion the clan has overall. And no this is nothing to do with combat... like i said for the 100000 time, combat is not the issue... we need a way to get people to level mage and range to improve the warring, so we can actually implement some of the strategies that people in clan always say we should try. "all bring binds" isnt gonna work if half of the [BEEP]ing clan has 40 mage anyways. People always want stuff done but never wanna work to achieve it in this clan.. its [BEEP]ing annoying and it goes beyond just levels.. People complain about us not warring good ect, yet when golden holds a steel war, only half of the cc show. What kinda dedication is that? Being told repetitively to come to a mandatory event, what kinda dedication is that? Not meeting requirements to the clan after having weeks to get them, what kinda dedication is that? SO.... before u come tell me im childish and that no one forced me to level my stats, know that's something called DEDICATION to clan.. if you had some you would [BEEP]ing know.
damon
Posted: Apr 9 2009, 01:12 AM

Unregistered

QUOTE (Chuffa @ Apr 9 2009, 01:06 AM)
I've gotten like 4-5 combat level's since being AL rolleyes.gif. Alot of people have levelled, it's not just you.

First of all i didnt say im the only 1 leveling.. im saying in general, most of the clan members dont level for the clan.. I mean, im trying my hardest not to single people out.. but look u can gain 4-5 cb levels at your level.. after 100 its really hard to gain cb levels.. but look, we have some 70s who cant even level up once in the time u level 4-5 times.. thats what im talking about... not people like me and u and star kerk and others who buss our [BEEP] to level while others are sitting on their [BEEP] doing nothing.

People need to stop interpreting my posts as whatever THEY want it to be and look at what the hell i posted
Chuffa
Posted: Apr 9 2009, 01:16 AM

129 COMBAT / 1981 TOTAL
Group Icon

Member No.: 346

QUOTE (damon @ Apr 9 2009, 01:12 AM)
QUOTE (Chuffa @ Apr 9 2009, 01:06 AM)

First of all i didnt say im the only 1 leveling.. im saying in general, most of the clan members dont level for the clan.. I mean, im trying my hardest not to single people out.. but look u can gain 4-5 cb levels at your level.. after 100 its really hard to gain cb levels.. but look, we have some 70s who cant even level up once in the time u level 4-5 times.. thats what im talking about... not people like me and u and star kerk and others who buss our [BEEP] to level while others are sitting on their [BEEP] doing nothing.

People need to stop interpreting my posts as whatever THEY want it to be and look at what the hell i posted

I can understand you are pissed off, but it isn't a requirement to level after you've become a full member. We can't force people to level, but we do try to make it fun with competiitons.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image %mh%9%mh%
PM
3monightmar3
Posted: Apr 9 2009, 02:17 AM

official god of the AL
Group Icon

Group: Retired Member
Member No.: 26

hmm, i think u gotta keep this in perspective here...the fact is that there are quite a lot of people who dont get anough time free to play runescape in order for it to be worth their while doing these things...also theres that fact that those who do put in the effort are generally rewarded in some way which is fair right? i myself made this account almost entirely for the clan and in the process have got higher levels in ranged magic and defense than any other account i have made...i can also recall talking to loads of people in the clan chat who spoke of getting certain levels because they tho0ught it would be useful to the clan...so whilst it may seem that you and several others are carrying the rest of the clan u have 2 remember that everyone is helping according to their own set of circumstances and its not rly fair 2 compare them like that... smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
CyberianWolf
  Posted: Apr 9 2009, 04:03 AM

Respect is earned, not given away!
Group Icon

Group: Clan Friend
Member No.: 626

QUOTE (animal magik @ Apr 8 2009, 10:59 PM)

+1

Damon, I haven't got along with you from day one. I don't like you at all. With that being said, I've been trying to "do your bidding" and try to make you happy. I've attended several impromptu events that you hosted, including one war, and if it wasn't obvious....I had know idea WTF I was doing. I still don't, but you aren't helping me train. And you sure aren't helping me to level my combat stats. I'm doing them all on my own. So btfo!

I'm in this clan for friendship and to hang out with chill people, not listen to you.
All you do lately is complain, your not acting like leadership material and people (including me) aren't gonna follow you if you keep acting like this!

Grow up or get off!

CWolf angry.gif

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image user posted imageuser posted image %mh%7%mh%
PM
blompty2
Posted: Apr 9 2009, 04:38 AM

Unregistered

To be honest, the way you asked people to level up in the completeley wrong way. Start swaring at people and i doubt there gonna do what you say. You need to show respect for your clanmates before they show respect to you.

You can't force people to level up. It's great that you've advanced so many levels but you can't force people to do what you've done. warlord or not.

Your being real selfish and thinking about yourself before the clan. dry.gif
A clan is a community and your thinking your above everyone else because your levelling is'nt right. sad.gif
Dylan
Posted: Apr 9 2009, 06:34 AM

Proud to be Australian
Group Icon

Group: Clan Chat Moderator
Member No.: 772

To be honest, the way you asked people to level up in the completeley wrong way.

i agree with you 100%

btw im tryin to lvl up to 80 atm..

--------------------
user posted image

SICK MATE 9 FOR SENIOR
Golden arm42
Posted: Apr 9 2009, 06:40 AM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Damon...what you say makes sense but I've got to say you have no tact. This isn't a good way to go about asking people to change their behavior, nor is "f the clan" an appropriate way to start the topic. dry.gif

I think you're right and wrong. Some people, like me and 3mo, simply don't have the time in order to level as fast as you'd like. We're not going to put our Runescape goals ahead of what needs to happen in real life, clan or not. Personally, I train combat pretty much every moment that I'm on, but even as someone who's "dedicated" to the clan, I'm not going to be getting on RS more to train combat at the expense of my real life. huh.gif

At the same time, we need to be putting more into our training. We've got the numbers, we've got the org, but we're never going to compete with clans like Lethality unless we train up significantly. Melee competitions are a great idea, but however we do it, it's EXTREMELY important that we train combat as fast as we realistically can.

It's also Damon's job to call a miniwar. When he asks, or I ask, and a majority of the CC people say yes, then EVERYONE needs to come to the war. It's not fair or responsible to suddenly log, and if people keep doing that, we're going to have to institute some penalties.

To summarize: no one is going to force you to train combat or play more than your life allows. I'm sorry to those who were offended by Damon's attitude; he's simply so passionate in his support for the clan and trying to make us better that he sometimes goes a bit overboard.

At the same time, we need to start listening to Damon more when it comes to matters of warring. Chickening out of miniwars if the CC agrees to it won't be ok anymore.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

Formerly known as Golden arm42
PM
tomilson21
Posted: Apr 9 2009, 07:03 AM

Group Icon

Group: Retired Member
Member No.: 571

I agree with what ur saying partly. People should train to help the clan but u cant force them to do it they should just want to. I cant let u say ur the only one training combat i went from lvl 72 to 90 since i joined al i have gained 15+ str lvls 10+ magic, and attack lvls 20+ def lvls and 20+ range thats the honest truth i started with 60 str now 76 51 magic now 62 60 attack now 70 50 def now 71 and 52 range to 77. So dont say your the only one training ur stats for the clan. i remember in my first few wars i would be Ko'ed right away now i last the whole war or i last till there is only a few of us left.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image%mh%6%mh%
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | News | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  New TopicNew Poll

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive