Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Ancient Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Ancient Legion regrets to inform we have closed our doors.
It has been a good time, guys!

Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3  ( Go to first unread post ) New TopicNew Poll

sorry to put it like this

Should we war Imperial Forces in a matched opts war?
Yes. [ 13 ]  [61.90%]
No. [ 8 ]  [38.10%]
Total Votes: 21

damon
Posted on Mar 30 2009, 03:51 PM

Unregistered

QUOTE (Golden arm42 @ Mar 30 2009, 02:42 PM)
QUOTE (mastaofmelee @ Mar 30 2009, 01:09 PM)
I can see where you're coming from Golden but I don't think we'll have to worry about the lower level people in our clan if we go about this the right way.  We should have chosen a group of our top 10 or 15 people that will be in the war beforehand so that we don't have to drop people at the last minute.  If we do it should only be a small number depending on how many the other clan gets together.  My combat level's only 100, so I might be one to get dropped but I wouldn't mind honestly.  As long as we got to go and beat this guy at his own game.

But, you are the boss man so I'm not contradicting anything you say.  If you really don't want us to go then just put your foot down.  And just so you know, I can understand what you're saying.  smile.gif

Look, this isn't about me ramming it down your guys' throat. It shouldn't be like that. It's just not a wise idea; for the reasons I stated earlier. We should be focused (Damon, you've said this before) on improving our warring performance, not fighting to appease other clan leaders. Think: does Redup have our best interests at heart? Of course not. He's simply eager to goad AL into fighting a war that wouldn't be advantageous for us to fight. IF is freaking 95+! It's not like we'd be humiliating ourselves to not fight them matche; rather, it's simply common sense. Discretion is the better part of valor.

I honestly think this is a bad idea, but let's put it in the members' hands with a poll. I'll go along with whichever side wins out.

i said in 3 weeks this way would go down if anything... so thats plenty of time to practice warring... plus check this topic out..

http://z9.invisionfree.com/Ancient_Legion/...?showtopic=3482
mastaofmelee
Posted on Mar 30 2009, 03:59 PM

You can call me Tony.
Group Icon

Group: Retired Member
Member No.: 747

Dude I'm not saying your ramming anything down our throats, I don't mean to sound like that. I'm just saying I really don't know much about the clan stuff, I've been here like 2 weeks. I'm gonna go with what you say as the leader. I was just thinkin it'd be fun to have a war to matter how we fought it.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PM
Chuffa
Posted on Mar 30 2009, 03:59 PM

129 COMBAT / 1981 TOTAL
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 346

If, and only IF, we get me, Dark, Yam etc to fight, all on together, then yes, if we can't pull our highest then it's a waste of time.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image %mh%9%mh%
PM
Dager007
Posted on Mar 30 2009, 04:20 PM

Group Icon

Group: Warlord
Member No.: 642

Trust me, Redup never stops complaining, he always pmed me when I lead *that certain clan* telling me to "get that oreo under control" and stuff like that. In truth IF refuses to recruit, and although I praise their strength in high combat levels, Redup needs to get with the times and stop trying to bring people to his level. Another thing, I only see 3 people that say that we can't fight matched opts: Micael Fatia, who is arrogant and too high on 3x's thrown to know whats going on witht the mid-sized clan world, Orichocos, who will say ANYTHING to bring us down, and Redup, who complains about everything.

--------------------
Proud sniper of AL.
user posted image
user posted image
PM
mastaofmelee
Posted on Mar 30 2009, 04:28 PM

You can call me Tony.
Group Icon

Member No.: 747

I agree with Chuff. Even if the clan decides to fight we don't need to if we can't get a lot of our best guys together. We can't prove anything by losing.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PM
Dager007
Posted on Mar 30 2009, 04:34 PM

Group Icon

Group: Warlord
Member No.: 642

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see us do a matched opts for research purposes, but not because Redup is whinning about it. TBH I think we are throwing away a great strength just to please a few arrogant idiots on Sal's.

--------------------
Proud sniper of AL.
user posted image
user posted image
PM
Techy
Posted on Mar 30 2009, 04:43 PM

Caution: Contents may be hawt
Group Icon

Member No.: 434

Even though I would love to pwn Red, I don't think its in our best of interests now just to show IF we can win with matched ops.

--------------------

Ex-AL | Ex-KR | Ex-GoG | Ex-PoR | Ex-AA | Ex-DB | Ex-VB | Ex-TRR

Awards
[X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X]
PM
Kerkennah
Posted on Mar 30 2009, 05:42 PM

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
Group Icon

Group: High Council
Member No.: 444

QUOTE (Dager007 @ Mar 30 2009, 05:34 PM)
Don't get me wrong, I would love to see us do a matched opts for research purposes, but not because Redup is whinning about it. TBH I think we are throwing away a great strength just to please a few arrogant idiots on Sal's.

I think we should start ignoring these idiots on sal's and post on zybez wub.gif

--------------------
user posted image
damon
Posted on Mar 30 2009, 08:12 PM

Unregistered

no its more then proving people wrong. its about seeing what we can do too. i wanna actually see where our skills lie at best as well.. There is lots of room for error when you outnumber the other clan by more the double.. i wanna at least see how good we are too... there is more then just what people say.. still.. that is a factor, because posts like that can hurt our recruiting, or instead thwart the recruiting of more members.
thegame910
Posted on Mar 31 2009, 03:28 PM

Unregistered

personally i think its a good idea....like a contest of the elite, see how the best members of each clan can do
the thief207
Posted on Mar 31 2009, 07:48 PM

Group Icon

Member No.: 672

No. This is a stupid idea and you just got completely goaded by Red. Who cares what he thinks? If he doesn't want to war us fullout he doesn't need to accept. There's a reason why he's a 95+ clan and we're a 75+ clan; they're SUPPOSED to have higher levels than we are. It's also not fair to the people like K Arthur and Blompty and such who come to wars, get everything ready, spend half an hour massing...and then get dropped.

yeah we shouldnt have to reface them because they had the higher levles against us because probably about 1/4 to half this clan is below 95 banana.gif

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
the thief207
Posted on Mar 31 2009, 07:53 PM

Group Icon

Member No.: 672

i voted yes before i read the replies and all that but im changing to no banana.gif

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Imso Hot
Posted on Apr 1 2009, 08:22 AM

Firepower
Group Icon

Member No.: 706

We might aswell prove him our might by owning his clan 100% in matched ops tongue.gif

but chuffa says the truth, we can't fight without some certain people attending (Game masta, Chuffa, Yam, Dark, Koli, me, Damon etc)

--------------------
user posted image
Dude12dragon
Posted on Apr 4 2009, 03:29 PM

This Dragon is Hawt
Group Icon

Group: Event Coordinator
Member No.: 588

yes we should war this guys because we need show that its not just our numbers that win wars but our lvls to angry.gif Fire.gif

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
LUV LIST v1.1: ani, lit, nick, alex, tom, imso, cody, kev, pura, tubby, kerk, tidus, arth, jaal, blom, obby, and faint
PM
lordblack656
Posted on Apr 14 2009, 07:07 AM

DoNt hAtE CuZ iM GrEAt
Group Icon

Member No.: 671

QUOTE (Kerkennah @ Mar 30 2009, 03:30 PM)
I don't see why it matters whether we do matched or not, I see lots of clans pulling 30s and 40s to a war and nothing is said, We are an active clan, that guy red is just jealous his clan can't pull above 16 people. We have the potential to pull 30 maybe even 40 to a war

damn straight, were the best clan out there! they shouldnt be saying that were cheating when were not, were just doing what we do =P. and if we do have this war i will definately come to cheer u guys on cuz im definately not good enough to participate =) gl

--------------------

user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
%mh%10%mh%
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Council of Members | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 [2] 3  New TopicNew Poll

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive