zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Ancient Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Ancient Legion regrets to inform we have closed our doors.
It has been a good time, guys!

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyNew Topic

The Chosen Commander
Lamb Bug
Posted: Mar 17 2009, 09:00 AM

Founder
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Ever since Dorgesh-Kaan made contact with the surface, the cave goblin adventurer Zanik has helped to defend the city from Sigmund's villainous plots. Now Zanik has disappeared, her fate and whereabouts unknown, and Dorgesh-Kaan is more vulnerable than ever.

Captain Undak of the Dorgeshuun guard is responsible for the city's defences, and he needs your help to investigate a possible HAM attack - but this will only be the start of your adventure. The mystery of Zanik's disappearance will be resolved, and the truth behind a goblin prophecy will be revealed, as events move inexorably towards the realisation of Zanik's destiny. Your adventures will include the discovery of a new Agility course, learning more about the history of the Dorgeshuun, and uncovering the plots of the Big High War God.

The Chosen Commander is the conclusion of a quest series that began with The Lost Tribe. I've had enormous fun working on this storyline over the last few years, and I've tried to give what I think are the best elements of the previous quests a final outing here. I hope you enjoy it.

Mod John A
RuneScape Content Developer

Summary:
Where to start The Chosen Commander:
Speak to Captain Undak in Dorgesh-Kaan.

Requirements to complete The Chosen Commander:
Level 46 Agility
Level 46 Strength
Level 46 Thieving
Must have completed Land of the Goblins
Must be able to defeat several foes up to level 125

To be reminded of what’s happened so far in this quest series, start the quest and then log in to the QuestHelp system – you’ll find a complete summary of all the earlier quests, from The Lost Tribe to Land of the Goblins.

To go along with the quest we're releasing a new Knowledge Base article, History of the Goblins, which is in the Miscellaneous Guides section of the Knowledge Base. We're also releasing a developer forum post looking back over the quest series, which can be found in the forums under Recent Updates. If you enjoy the goblin quests you may also want to read the newest Lores and Histories story, The Chasm of Lights.

In Other News...

To mark the end of the Dorgeshuun quest series, we’re releasing a limited-edition zip-up hoodie on the Jagex store. It’s a limited run of only 2,000, so click here to get yours now!

If you’re logged in to RuneScape and navigate away from the game screen, you will now have to click on a confirmation box to confirm that you want to navigate away from the page. This is to make sure that you don’t accidentally lose your game window.

We've made a couple of changes to the party room due to concerns about abuse by real-world traders. Firstly, drop parties are now available only on two worlds (131 and 152). Secondly, players must now enter their bank PIN (if they have one) before putting items into the drop chest. We're sorry we have to do this, but we can't let real-world traders ruin the party.

We've added a wave-counter interface that will pop up at the start of each round in the TzHaar fight caves. This means you should now find it much easier to track which wave you're on.

Male ogres have been graphically reworked and improved to bring them in line with the recently-updated female ogres. They look tougher and stronger than ever, but don't worry; they're still not the smartest creatures around!

Players will no longer increase their drop-value potential on PvP worlds if they repeatedly cast the basic strike spells.

We've reduced the likelihood of your getting Random Events if you're burning incense in your house, or if you're in building mode. We've also reduced the likelihood that you’ll get Random Events in the Chaos Tunnels and on the Dorgesh-Kaan agility course.

Email registration for new accounts is now optional, although we would still advise you to enter your email address when registering, so that we can help you if you need to recover your password.

--------------------
user posted image

OMGWTFBBQSAUCE
PM
Icewolf68
Posted: Mar 17 2009, 09:29 AM

Bow down before your superior wolf!
Group Icon

Group: On Leave/Vacation
Member No.: 523

I'm really looking foreward to this quest but Jagex better be ready for riots over drop party worlds! Seriously.... how can they do that....

ice

--------------------

Trophy Cabinet
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageuser posted image

user posted image
user posted image
%mh%9%mh%
Imso Hot
Posted: Mar 17 2009, 09:34 AM

Firepower
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 706

QUOTE (Icewolf68 @ Mar 17 2009, 09:29 AM)
I'm really looking foreward to this quest but Jagex better be ready for riots over drop party worlds! Seriously.... how can they do that....

ice

Another RWT-control thing theyve probably figured out the 50k trick tongue.gif

And LOL at "Players will no longer increase their drop-value potential on PvP worlds if they repeatedly cast the basic strike spells."

I was casting wind strikes yesterday like 2 hours on my pure with a friend and i got corrupt d long first kill after banana.gif banana.gif banana.gif

--------------------
user posted image
blompty2
Posted: Mar 17 2009, 01:21 PM

Unregistered

yay!
party room worlds ftw.
Kerkennah
Posted: Mar 17 2009, 02:01 PM

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
Group Icon

Group: High Council
Member No.: 444

drop potential doesn't bother me, i alch or fm to get mine up.
but this drop party stuff is so stupid, now you can't have a drop party with your friends, since there is only 1 p2p world and 1 f2p

--------------------
user posted image
iamcoool11
Posted: Mar 17 2009, 02:29 PM

Group Icon

Group: Retired Member
Member No.: 524

well, i was waiting for this quest to come out. But I was hoping for another grandmaster quest sad.gif And Kerk, how can you fm to get potential up? Doesent going into a bank kill your potential? And in the banner on the main page, it looks like Zanik is pulling out her dorgeshunn c'bow again, but it seems to be against and ice skelly(?) I thought HAM was humans against monsters. Not humans using monsters to get rid of our enemies, because we cant do it our selves, and then going against the monsters again.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of day...

Impossible-Quiz.com - Impossible Test
PM
K Arthur90
Posted: Mar 17 2009, 03:32 PM

FEAR ME!
Group Icon

Member No.: 440

QUOTE (Kerkennah @ Mar 17 2009, 04:01 PM)
drop potential doesn't bother me, i alch or fm to get mine up.
but this drop party stuff is so stupid, now you can't have a drop party with your friends, since there is only 1 p2p world and 1 f2p

Aahh! But theres something on RS site that you must've missed:
They mentioned events that you could run on your house, as well clan-villages. POH Drop Party are almost a reality, but the next thing they must make are the clan-villages!

--------------------

user posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted image

PM
animal magik
Posted: Mar 18 2009, 05:44 AM

Mwuahahahaha! ...meow.
Group Icon

Group: High Council
Member No.: 534

Quest looks awesome, I'm so doing it... eventually.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

aaron pfft 9
Posted: Mar 18 2009, 01:54 PM

Unregistered

i think it's all good except for the party room worlds only 2 ffs ohmy.gif

thats bs man
K Arthur90
Posted: Mar 18 2009, 10:02 PM

FEAR ME!
Group Icon

Here's my official review: (Spoiler, as usual)

----------

To be honest, this was the "bestest" quest I've ever done! Excellent storyplot, nice medium level requirements, and nice rewards. I'd say a perfect ending for the goblin series. Liked also the way the chat options allow you to interact closer with the NPC's. And I must say, the ending actually touched me... Call me anything you want, but I actually cried at the final speech. I read people complaining about the "low"-level requirements, about the "low"-level rewards, or about the "incomplete" ending to the series.

@ the low-requ people: Runescape Quests aren't for no-life 99'ers. They are directed to most of the players, and the requirements are there only to make the quest easier, so you wouldn't try to kill the avatar at lv 40. If what you want are high-level requirements, then sit tight and wait for the next grandmaster quest. While you do that, why not go for another 99 cape?

@ the low-reward: as stated before, Zanik's C'Bow has some advantages AND some disadvantages, as EVERY other item on Runescape. If you have played enough to finish this quest then you certainly know many items that have partial (dis)advantages over others. Live with it, as you have done all these months/years.

@ the incomplete story people: I'm not saying you are wrong. But it seems you are used to books that you read in a couple of weeks, so you get to remember every single detail from the start of the book to the end. If you people did all the story from the beggining w/o long time intervals, maybe you would find the ending better. Or not.

At last, I give this quest a 10/10. Gratz Jagex! R$60,00 well spent for me happy.gif

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

PM
xdjz
Posted: Mar 19 2009, 12:48 AM

Group Icon

Group: On Leave/Vacation
Member No.: 716

cool that they made the party room world biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
PM
[LTH]-starwolf_ftw
Posted: Mar 19 2009, 01:19 AM

OMG BOOM@
Group Icon

Group: Lethality Member
Member No.: 449

Quest I'd so love to do if I could do it sad.gif

Drop party worlds ftl

Ppl angry, more then ppl who are happy.

--------------------
user posted image

Expect more about this later today. biggrin.gif
user posted image
PM
K Arthur90
Posted: Mar 19 2009, 05:03 PM

FEAR ME!
Group Icon

Just wondering...
Where the heck did Zanik, the Dorgeshuun Leader Goblin and the Captain went to after the quest? I can't find them anywhere on Dorgeshuun.

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

PM
dflame58
Posted: Mar 19 2009, 07:03 PM

Purple Ranger
Group Icon

Group: Retired Member
Member No.: 516

give me some info on zanik crossbow plox.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Trophys :)
user posted image
user posted image
PM
Dude12dragon
Posted: Mar 20 2009, 10:49 PM

This Dragon is Hawt
Group Icon

Group: Event Coordinator
Member No.: 588

never a new quest which i have the regs. for sad.gif

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
LUV LIST v1.1: ani, lit, nick, alex, tom, imso, cody, kev, pura, tubby, kerk, tidus, arth, jaal, blom, obby, and faint
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Official Runescape News | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Add ReplyNew Topic

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive