zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Ancient Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Ancient Legion regrets to inform we have closed our doors.
It has been a good time, guys!

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) New TopicNew Poll

Hey, i want MY opinion! :)
Redeyes2496
  Posted: Mar 11 2009, 06:59 PM

RSN: Redeyes2496
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 395

I just kinda wanna state my opinion on things that are happening in the clan. If I offend you or make you mad or anything, I apologize in advance.

Well, it's March. I've just looked at a calendar and noticed that it's my 6 month anniversary here (go me laugh.gif ) Overall, I've been very very pleased with everything that has happened.

When I joined back in October, my first few days were a little bit rocky. I came into a new situation, and instead of being welcomed and felt at home, there was some kind of argument over something I can't even remember lol. Back then one of the people that I talked to to try to understand what was going on was Chuffa, who assured me that it wouldn't happen again. And he was right, it did get a lot better. However, I told myself that I don't want any other member to have to come into that environment when they join, so I worked hard to welcome every member and make them feel comfortable in-game and on the forums.

Recently, as you all know, there has been some hostility in the clan. This is coming from either clan members insulting or offending other clan members right to their face or indirectly. Personally, I believe that this is completely immature and not needed for the clan, the forums, and even real life. I believe that offending or insulting people is childish, rude, and I honestly can't tolerate it. Calling people names and insults is a waste of time; time which could be spent on Runescape or otherwise.

Yes, I understand that people do disagree with some things that go on here. However, we don't need a giant war to break out when someone does. I believe that in order to be a welcoming and friendly clan the members that have been here longer MUST show the utmost maturity and respect. If someone does start to insult people, we shouldn't insult them back, but state the way it really is. What kind of clan does it show people when we insult them for insulting us? Does it show that we're better than them and we shouldn't have to follow the rules that we set for them? My opinion is that everyone here is equal; regardless of level or rank. We should also remember that not everyone is a mature player here, so if they do try to cause hostility, it should be handled maturely. Trying to fight back is very childish and usually ends up with someone quitting.

Pretty much I just feel that we should be nicer in-game and on the forums; None of the insulting stuff or anything. We should just remember that this is only a game, that it's nothing to fight over since the whole point is to have fun. I really don't want to see another member leave because of stupid reasons like this.

Once again, this is just my opinion. If you believe that I'm just a "member" and what I said doesn't matter, please don't reply, I don't want to start another flame war. However, I would like to hear your thoughts on this.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
dflame58
Posted: Mar 11 2009, 07:48 PM

Purple Ranger
Group Icon

Group: Retired Member
Member No.: 516

yah there has been a lot of drama recently.

it really needs to stop.

When I come in cc now, i hope that star is on so that i can actually to talk to someone. of course there are others and y'all know who u are.
i think thats kinda sad.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Trophys :)
user posted image
user posted image
PM
animal magik
Posted: Mar 12 2009, 01:28 AM

Mwuahahahaha! ...meow.
Group Icon

Group: High Council
Member No.: 534

QUOTE (dflame58 @ Mar 11 2009, 07:48 PM)
yah there has been a lot of drama recently.

it really needs to stop.

+1

--------------------
user posted image
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
user posted image

[LTH]-starwolf_ftw
Posted: Mar 12 2009, 01:36 AM

OMG BOOM@
Group Icon

Group: Lethality Member
Member No.: 449

I'd so write a ton here expressing my concerns as well, but I'm all "posted" out from our flame war with Matt earlier. Drama needs to end now.

--------------------
user posted image

Expect more about this later today. biggrin.gif
user posted image
PM
animal magik
Posted: Mar 12 2009, 01:36 AM

Mwuahahahaha! ...meow.
Group Icon

Group: High Council
Member No.: 534

I don't even know what's happened, and it's happened quite a few times I'm judging too. =/

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

[LTH]-starwolf_ftw
Posted: Mar 12 2009, 01:38 AM

OMG BOOM@
Group Icon

It's been locked, but feel free to read it. M T D has caused so much drama the past 2 days he's been here that it's made me want to leave AL. He's made my Scape'ing days a living hell..... I'm just glad he's gone.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PM
dflame58
Posted: Mar 12 2009, 02:11 AM

Purple Ranger
Group Icon

Group: Retired Member
Member No.: 516

yeah i thought about leaving too sad.gif

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Trophys :)
user posted image
user posted image
PM
Imso Hot
Posted: Mar 12 2009, 05:32 AM

Firepower
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 706

People being too drama queens nothing more banana.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Ritalin11
  Posted: Mar 12 2009, 06:29 AM

"I will now call you Sunshine" - Animal Magik
Group Icon

Group: Clan Friend
Member No.: 641

Hey all

I just need to get my opinion in. I havn't been here much i admit that right, but long enough (i think! >.<) to see the clan ordeals.

I think the leaders are doing just fine, gj guys. One doesn't seem to be playing rs right now... well both... but whatever!! its fine biggrin.gif. Ones got rl stuff, that comes first, good luck bro.

The whole incident with flaming n such. I got flamed and stuff. You know what i did? I said i quit.. then ppl convinced me to stay. after that, the guys who flamed me i talked to and they apologized and i accepted, thats how it is biggrin.gif. Ppl gotta learn how to do that.

Thanks.

Ritalin11

BTW GUYS IF I DON'T KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT SORRY ^^

--------------------
Golden arm42
Posted: Mar 12 2009, 07:03 AM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Imso Hot @ Mar 12 2009, 10:32 AM)
People being too drama queens nothing more banana.gif

Meh too. ohmy.gif

Redeyes, thanks for your post. I think you're absolutely right: we, as a clan, need to return to the kinder, welcoming behaviors that have guided us for almost a year now. We all need to think before we post; think before we talk in Vent, about what your words may mean to your clanmates, people who should be your friends! You should care about what they think and feel. Keep in mind the way you'd want to be treated and treat people accordingly.

Thanks for pointing this out Red. biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

Formerly known as Golden arm42
PM
[LTH]-starwolf_ftw
Posted: Mar 12 2009, 11:17 AM

OMG BOOM@
Group Icon

We have been getting so many "opinion" threads that it's clogging up our news base. I'll merge them that way it's everyone's opinion about the recent events as of late.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PM
Chuffa
Posted: Mar 12 2009, 01:16 PM

129 COMBAT / 1981 TOTAL
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 346

I think anyone who offends others needs a talking to, and further action taken towards them if they continue to do so. AL is a freindly clan, and always will be.

Woot i got a mention smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image %mh%9%mh%
PM
CyberianWolf
  Posted: Mar 13 2009, 10:18 PM

Respect is earned, not given away!
Group Icon

Group: Clan Friend
Member No.: 626

QUOTE (Chuffa @ Mar 12 2009, 01:16 PM)
I think anyone who offends others needs a talking to, and further action taken towards them if they continue to do so. smile.gif

Yo Redeyes,

U said it...mad problems as of late. After weeks of being thrilled to be in AL,
I was debating leaving. I'm glad that I'm not the only person seeing the issues. After thinking about it, I have decided to take a week or two away from the clan.

However, today:
I log in, not in cc, a fellow member pops on and orders me in cc.
"Get in cc"
Before I can respond...."clan war is mandatory"
No please....no nice to see u...just a GD order.
I haven't even been on for two minutes.
I send an apology saying that I needed some time off from the clan.
Conversation dropped. Not even a response back....well, ok then.
And I'm sure I'll get some....shigrief about not doing a mandatory war.

I'm not trying to start anything with my fellow clan mate, that is y I left out names. But unless I recieve some politeness, we're gonna have problems. stupid_computer.gif
Please remember guys, that most of the time its not what you say, but how you say it.

CWolf jester.gif

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image user posted imageuser posted image %mh%7%mh%
PM
[LTH]-starwolf_ftw
Posted: Mar 13 2009, 10:43 PM

OMG BOOM@
Group Icon

Cyber.... Who was this who said that (if it was me, I'm sooo sorry sad.gif ) I understand how you feel. Well be implementing some better communication skills between clan mates because I think that's what caused this entire mess in the first place.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PM
K Arthur90
Posted: Mar 13 2009, 11:18 PM

FEAR ME!
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 440

Cyber, I know how you feel, but I got more patience than you, so I'm just holding things up. AL really needs to improve their environment, as well it's communication abilities.
I see people being ignored, I see other wannabe members flaming others, and the worst of them all: I see people fade. After they get on AL, they just become another pair of hands to hold a weapon and a shield during wars. This shouldn't happen.
This can't happen.
I think the main reason people join clans, are that they don't want to get to all 99 skills alone, or to have someone to talk to, to congratulate and be congratulated by, even by the single firemaking level. People join clans to be supported and to support other people and toghether reach a nice goal.
I see people receiving too less attention and people receiving too much attention (no names mentioned).

I understand that amongst friends, some conflicts do happen. While I was at hi school, that did happen. Sometimes because of something idiot, or silly, like a joke that one didn't like. But next day, everything was solved already, and we were friends again. This should be the environment here as well. A friendly, warming and welcoming one.

Just a bloody rant ftl. rolleyes.gif

--------------------

user posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted image

PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Council of Members | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  New TopicNew Poll

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive