Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Ancient Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Ancient Legion regrets to inform we have closed our doors.
It has been a good time, guys!

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Short-prep wars
damon
Posted: Mar 10 2009, 08:21 PM

Unregistered

Im not necessarily mad at the fact that we lost the war with lethality (since i predicted that without a higher pull we would) im just mad at the way the war was handled. I know the war was short prep, but having no full rune isnt no excuse... since you know... full rune is a REQUIREMENT in the first place...(DON@@@@$$%$%). Next... last time i checked wars were another REQUIREMENT if you are online.. so dont give no bull [BEEP] excuse like: "ive only been to 1 war. So actually i do" (as in have a choice not 2 go). This is the type of problem i addressed waaay back when. This should b punishable... It's not just Dflame, but he was the one to make it seem like he was too much of a Boss to go to a war... i can at least say at the very least tidus planned to go and had intentions.. but wtf is this?

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/7985/cmon.png

I mean... its not that hard to get supplies.. even if u didnt have rune, its not hard to buy...(not talkin to don cuz he had VERY short notice, no time to go to ge).. look at athen and star... i gave them basically no prep yet they got supplies and came... which i commend both of u on..

Now to the war itself.. yes we were outnumberd.. yes we were out levled.. but we lost way worse then we should have... i mean wtf? how do people die before me when im the first pile!?!?! and no its not just 1 person.. it was 4 people who died before me... this makes absolutely no sense.. this means u are either fighting 1 on 1 and dying... or ur getting attacked by a minipile and not tanking.. We didnt even follow the call... and yes maybe i did only call 1 person... but since he didnt even die until like 4 of us remained and the clan failed to pile him early... i cannot even b held accountable for lack of calls. We need to tighten up on things like this... the war prep and attendance and war execution.. and no it wasnt just tidus and dflame that didnt show.. it was a good 5-6 of you.. you know who u are..
K Arthur90
Posted: Mar 10 2009, 08:24 PM

FEAR ME!
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 440

Excuse me, but only official set-ahead wars are required if you are on... I myself honestly say I didn't went. Because:
1st. Short notice
2nd. Not official
3rd. No warring supplies and no money to get them
4th. Official Warring AFAIK happens on weekends when we do have enough people online willing to war to have a good pull.
5th. I didn't want, and since it was not an official war, I could choose not to go.

It is good to see you are giving your best to bring victories to AL as a warlord and I must say you are doing a great job, but short prep short-notice wars are not the way I intend to war. If this is your way, then I must say I disagree with you. You can't expect to have everyone stop whatever they are doing (whether it be quests/money making/skilling/levelling) and obey you, as well you expect people to be ready whenever war opportunities show up.

This is my opinion, and I can surely say that I'm not the only one who thinks like that.

--------------------

user posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image

PM
Lamb Bug
Posted: Mar 10 2009, 08:25 PM

Founder
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

Two ends of the spectrum: your topic and here. And Cyberian's topic in general discussion.

I still think short-preps are a good thing, but please debate this issue. Do not flame; we're all in this together, and there's no reason to get pissed at your fellow clanmates.

EDIT: Damon, changed your topic title. unsure.gif

--------------------
user posted image

OMGWTFBBQSAUCE
PM
[LTH]-starwolf_ftw
Posted: Mar 10 2009, 08:26 PM

OMG BOOM@
Group Icon

Group: Lethality Member
Member No.: 449

I wasn't happy with the war performance either, but this was EXTREMELY short notice for some, mainly me because right when I logged on I see Damon's plea to come to the war.

Sure, I'm not too happy that I had to go to a war when it was unexpected, but at least I went. I'm not too happy there was a war to begin with. Can we have a little bit more time as in an hour before the war please! I had no f2p food so I went to the war with only 48 hp... angry.gif

--------------------
user posted image

Expect more about this later today. biggrin.gif
user posted image
PM
Lamb Bug
Posted: Mar 10 2009, 08:30 PM

Founder
Group Icon

Perhaps we should all have a stock of pizzas/a rune set in bank so this won't take us by suprise as much? ohmy.gif

This is a good chance to debate this matter, but PLEASE do not flame. I know there's the urge...but it's like an itch: you gotta resist. tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image

OMGWTFBBQSAUCE
PM
K Arthur90
Posted: Mar 10 2009, 08:31 PM

FEAR ME!
Group Icon

As long as we don't stick our finger saying "It was him!", it's a peaceful debate happy.gif

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

PM
dflame58
Posted: Mar 10 2009, 08:31 PM

Purple Ranger
Group Icon

Group: Retired Member
Member No.: 516

1. why would u even ask us to go to this on such short notice.
2. I'm not acting like i'm the boss. I don't like to war. I didn't join the clan to war. I went to the first war that was planned after i joined and i didn't enjoy it. (but i am the boss of my self tongue.gif)
3. with 1 and 2 together even more of a reason to not go.

I'm sorry if you guys don't like it that I dont go to wars. and tbh i'd rather focus on 99 range than go to wars especially ones on short notice.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Trophys :)
user posted image
user posted image
PM
damon
Posted: Mar 10 2009, 08:38 PM

Unregistered

ok... first of all the majority of the cc decided to go through with the short prep war... second.. its considered a war, therefore if you are logged on at the time you are required to go.. like i said star and athen got shortest notice yet they were still able to make it... and d flame what u said did not just mean u werent coming to this war because it was short prep.. but u basically said if it wasnt u still wouldnt have come.. so -1 for that.. and no lamb this is not considering flaming because i made this huge post before saying that either we need to do the warring team or be stricter on the current warring requirements... and now that im bieng strict on the old system it seems like im causing problems.. no... im not.. and to k arthur.. it wasnt an official war but wat makes it not an official event? We are far from a good warring clan, and i set this up mainly to get practice. If u didnt have money for supplies ask.. i had extra food i could have gave u .. and since rune is a requirement.. well... yea.. u should have had it...anyways.. i know it was short prep.. but you personally arthur had more then enough time to prepare if you really needed to.. and since u didnt have supplies.. u could have just showed up to bh and maybe we could have helped u out.. Whats sad here is that all this makes me seem like a prick now all because things werent handled way back when i first mentioned them
K Arthur90
Posted: Mar 10 2009, 08:41 PM

FEAR ME!
Group Icon

Damon. I didn't say I didn't have rune armor. I didn't have food. Not a single fish.
Also, Official events are those with posts on the forum, stating when, where, how, who, what. I know I had enough time to even fish and cook my own food, but since it was not an official event/war, it was not obligatory.
And... This clan is not a warring clan. It's a complete one. Which means we are not focused on warring only and becoming "King of the Hill", ya know.

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

PM
dflame58
Posted: Mar 10 2009, 08:42 PM

Purple Ranger
Group Icon

Group: Retired Member
Member No.: 516

QUOTE (damon @ Mar 10 2009, 08:38 PM)
and d flame what u said did not just mean u werent coming to this war because it was short prep.. but u basically said if it wasnt u still wouldnt have come..

yah ur right. I told that to you and i said it already here.

thanks for reiterating.

EDIT
okay so apparently it all got started by a lth member coming into cc and asking us to war.

I'd like to say 2 things about this.

1. Of course damon is going to accept, hes the warlord. Next time think about the rest of us and don't expect all of us to go. If i were to spontaneously make a clan war minigame event i wouldnt be nagging everyone to go. if u want to go, then go.

2. I remember at least 2 weeks ago. a Lth member came in and asked us if we could help them war and that we shoiuld go to clan wars, world x immediately. Now many of the members decided to go and help. A few minutes later they all came back and were like wtf they told us to leave. Now really.. that was just horrible for lth to do. All the members stopped what they were doing. got items , maybe bought items. left their xp spots, quests whatever. hopped worlds. only to be told they cant help. I don't want anything to do with lth after that happened and i wasnt one that left cc to go help them out.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Trophys :)
user posted image
user posted image
PM
[LTH]-starwolf_ftw
Posted: Mar 10 2009, 08:43 PM

OMG BOOM@
Group Icon

Group: Lethality Member
Member No.: 449

I say that if we are going to have a short notice war, then we need to know about it one hour ahead of time. It will then be mandatory and that gives us all plenty of prep time. I hate how right when I got to the Tzhaar after I got back from looking from a job, I have to go to a war. Giving us the down low about a future war in the day would solve this issue. Plus if people still didn't go to the war, then they'll be punished. This sound reasonable?

This is from my discussion with Lamb about CyberWolf. But please guys, let's not make this like the end of the world. I'd like a clan I call home to still be here tommarow morning.

--------------------
user posted image

Expect more about this later today. biggrin.gif
user posted image
PM
K Arthur90
Posted: Mar 10 2009, 08:47 PM

FEAR ME!
Group Icon

One hour is even not enough.
There are some peeps I know (some not even from AL) than plan one day ahead what are they going to do on their precious little time they manage to get online. When something pops-up from nowhere, it not only disrupts the schedule, but can also affect whatever he/she was doing, like waiting for evil tree, or questing, or even gathering money to buy food for an eventual official war.

G2G for today now, so don't expect more posts from me till tomorrow.

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

PM
damon
Posted: Mar 10 2009, 09:09 PM

Unregistered

ok d flame ur pissing me off now.. it was ok before but now lying on me is [BEEP]ing low.. i didnt just accept and say GO TO CLAN WARS NOW or even make a decision myself... as yam, lord, tidus, nguy, and the rest of the cc was my witnesses i asked every1 first if they wanted to do cw.. and majority ruled.. so dont give me some bull [BEEP] about " he is the warlord of course he is gonna accept blah blah blah" I was busy at the time too.. alching.. but i saw the clan needs to be helped in the warring department so i decided to set this up with the majority of the cc vote. So dont give ME this bs about initiating the war when it was the MAJORITY of YOUR clanmates that agreed to this. And as i said arthur i didnt say u had no rune.. i said i could have gave u food.. like i said.. i had extras so u would have been set if you would have just communicated.. Plus i see gaining moeny to buy food as a sad excuse... at most a full load of lobs is less the 7k max price in ge... if u need a day to make 7k then u have problems. next, 1 day is not a short prep war really, and the war was scheduled while both clans had as many members on as they could.. having a war an hour later would have made some of us probably have to leave and such..therefore the purpose of a shortprep was to capture both clans while they had a good amount of people on.
Lamb Bug
Posted: Mar 10 2009, 09:16 PM

Founder
Group Icon

A daylong prep would not do anything. The point of a short prep is that it's fought spur-of-the moment. You can't concievably wait for a day or more to do a short prep war; more often, it's when the two clans happen to have a lot on and decide to make something happen.

EDIT: Gonna close this now. wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image

OMGWTFBBQSAUCE
PM
damon
Posted: Mar 10 2009, 09:20 PM

Unregistered

why... let people post..
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | News | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive