zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Ancient Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Ancient Legion regrets to inform we have closed our doors.
It has been a good time, guys!

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) New TopicNew Poll

Stronger Application process.
Chuffa
Posted: Mar 10 2009, 01:56 PM

129 COMBAT / 1981 TOTAL
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 346

Latley, alot of new members have joined, and been inactive or immature or flamed. This isn't really what we want here is it?

I propose a better application process.

Firstly, i think that someone suggested a recruitment team the other day, had a good idea, which i firstly dismissed. But if you think about it, they could check members, get to know them, and push our recruitment topics.

Secondly, i think we should do a little check on applicants, eg. check Runehead to see if they multi clan.

Thirdly, i think we should vote on wether an applicant should be accepted, as an AL member may already know this person and could show support, or oppositly, show us their true colours.

This is just a general consensus, and the idea's would be refined more if this idea was to be passed.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image %mh%9%mh%
PM
blompty2
Posted: Mar 10 2009, 01:59 PM

Unregistered

Yeah a recuritement team would be a good idea. Could'nt you just give this power to seniors though?
Chuffa
Posted: Mar 10 2009, 02:00 PM

129 COMBAT / 1981 TOTAL
Group Icon

Member No.: 346

There are alot of seniors. We would only need a few, in different timezones, we don't have that many applications.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image %mh%9%mh%
PM
Lit
Posted: Mar 10 2009, 02:05 PM

Pixel Wizard
Group Icon

Group: Warlord
Member No.: 631

Completely agreed. I also think the Recruitment Team should be a complete different group from Senior Members.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
PM
40 def robin
Posted: Mar 10 2009, 02:30 PM

MILF HUNTER
Group Icon

Member No.: 451

3 cheers for chuffa!!

--------------------
user posted image user posted image
user posted image
damon
Posted: Mar 10 2009, 02:45 PM

Unregistered

i think thats almost along the same topic as this:

http://z9.invisionfree.com/Ancient_Legion/...?showtopic=3127
[LTH]-starwolf_ftw
Posted: Mar 10 2009, 03:26 PM

OMG BOOM@
Group Icon

Group: Lethality Member
Member No.: 449

I agree. Lately, we've had some new applicants here at AL either not show any effort (Waffles) or just cause trouble (Athen). If we want to thrive as a clan, we need to be more watchful as to who comes to AL.

--------------------
user posted image

Expect more about this later today. biggrin.gif
user posted image
PM
dflame58
Posted: Mar 10 2009, 03:49 PM

Purple Ranger
Group Icon

Group: Retired Member
Member No.: 516

i agree.

my suggestions. we accetp them to trial and then vote to make them a full member.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Trophys :)
user posted image
user posted image
PM
Kerkennah
Posted: Mar 10 2009, 04:06 PM

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
Group Icon

Group: High Council
Member No.: 444

I think we really need to do this, we are getting mass new members but only a few are really ones who participate in the clan.
I think we need to promote some new people who will manage accepting people into the clan, and they can also manage recruitment topics on various sites. They can also update our topic, because ours is quite old, its like from clan events that happened in june and july.

--------------------
user posted image
Golden arm42
Posted: Mar 10 2009, 04:12 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I think this would be cubersome and not very practical. Lamb and I actually do a "background check" on all accounts that are validated: we search them on Runescape hiscores (make sure they're a legit account), IP tracer (make sure they're not a spy) and Runehead seach (to make sure they're not in another clan). It's not like we just validate any and all random cranks. tongue.gif

Recruitment team: I don't really see the point. Certainly, it would be great if people could help out by bumping topics/welcoming new people, but Lamb bumps the topics at least twice a day, so I don't see the point of making a team for that reason alone.

New recruits: I think we've just had bad luck. There's no point to voting in people because that would take an excessive amount of time.

Just my thoughts. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

Formerly known as Golden arm42
PM
K Arthur90
Posted: Mar 10 2009, 05:24 PM

FEAR ME!
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 440

I'm split on this one:
On one hand, having a recruiting team could be an interesting thing, as well a quicker way of either changing trial membs to full membs or removing thein accounts from the forum.
However, as Lamb said, he and Golden already do that, and, apart from a few unfortunate exceptions, they have been doing a great job. Also, part of the Council and Seniors' job is to make sure the applicants, as well the full members are still "according" to their application, and if they are still interested of being part of a community. Also, the voting would not be able to include all AL's members as it would take a hell of a time to gather everyone's votes, as well the voting being oligocratic and not democratic, since only the Council, and possibly the Seniors would be able to vote.

I say that we keep it the way it is, for now. If we keep getting unwanted people, or members that don't act accordingly to Internet Ethics, Runescape Ethics and RL Ethics, we should rethink our application progress.

--------------------

user posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image

PM
dflame58
Posted: Mar 10 2009, 06:32 PM

Purple Ranger
Group Icon

Member No.: 516

well lamb and golden seem to be doing a good job smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Trophys :)
user posted image
user posted image
PM
tomilson21
Posted: Mar 10 2009, 07:05 PM

Group Icon

Member No.: 571

I 100% agree a recruitment team would work great and of course lamb and golden are in charge but we could act as theyre congress if u understand what i mean.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image%mh%6%mh%
PM
Dude12dragon
Posted: Mar 10 2009, 08:20 PM

This Dragon is Hawt
Group Icon

Group: Event Coordinator
Member No.: 588

I think cuffa is right we should have all of this done smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
LUV LIST v1.1: ani, lit, nick, alex, tom, imso, cody, kev, pura, tubby, kerk, tidus, arth, jaal, blom, obby, and faint
PM
101laxkid2
Posted: Mar 10 2009, 09:52 PM

Group Icon

Member No.: 669

QUOTE (K Arthur90 @ Mar 10 2009, 06:24 PM)
I'm split on this one:
On one hand, having a recruiting team could be an interesting thing, as well a quicker way of either changing trial membs to full membs or removing thein accounts from the forum.
However, as Lamb said, he and Golden already do that, and, apart from a few unfortunate exceptions, they have been doing a great job. Also, part of the Council and Seniors' job is to make sure the applicants, as well the full members are still "according" to their application, and if they are still interested of being part of a community. Also, the voting would not be able to include all AL's members as it would take a hell of a time to gather everyone's votes, as well the voting being oligocratic and not democratic, since only the Council, and possibly the Seniors would be able to vote.

I say that we keep it the way it is, for now. If we keep getting unwanted people, or members that don't act accordingly to Internet Ethics, Runescape Ethics and RL Ethics, we should rethink our application progress.

I agree with arthur on this one. We should wait it out to see if there is any more disturbances, and if it is true and the quality of Runescapians (<-- Heh. tongue.gif ) is just decreasing, then we should go with a team.

Suppose we did make a recruitment team, I think that Lamb and Golden should be like the heads. This way, We can spread out and speed up our app acceptance time while at the same time keeping those who do it well at the head. Also, if the problem became bigger, it could become two much for just to ppl to handle, in which case we could mkae a team designed for this wink.gif

Also, this team could scan over forums on side-rs sites like Tip.it and Sals to find possible recruits. it could greatly increase the amount of recruits we gain, increasing the clan size and power and thus becoming more effective wink.gif

Well, thats just what I think. Tell me what you think wink.gif

--------------------
user posted imageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

user posted image

user posted image

Finally!
user posted image

Quest master!!!!
goal: 150 quest points, then the qp cape soon after!!!!
Current: 104 quest points %mh%5%mh%
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Council of Members | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (3) [1] 2 3  New TopicNew Poll

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive