Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Ancient Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Ancient Legion regrets to inform we have closed our doors.
It has been a good time, guys!

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Recap of YG war
Golden arm42
Posted: Feb 22 2009, 04:31 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Well, I'd like to first thank everyone who showed up today to the war against Young Gunz. We pulled 21 people, which continues our streak (6 in a row now I think) of pulling more than 20 people. We also didn't have most of our high levels (correct me if I'm wrong; I only saw Starwolf and Donovan as higher than 100) and we ended up winning, which speaks to the good job done by the other members to pick up the slack. I'd also like to apologize to Foxx for not being able to fight today; it was a pre-set rule that people who joined less than two days before the war couldn't fight. Sorry about that; but a rule's a rule.

With that said, today was far from our best war. We barely won when we outnumbered them by almost three times. Some important things we need to address.

Organization: Damon was doing a good job calling (although I don't know the point of keeping to go after their 100+, including Ramp) but we weren't listening to him. People were in one-on-ones and there were often several small piles of 2-3 people each. That's not going to win us wars, and if they had pulled a few more people or we pulled a few less, we were going to lose that, which absolutely should not have happened. From now on, we're not going to bother with snipers or stuff like that: we're going to get back to the basics and stay on one pile. There should be no excuses, unless you're getting piled, that you're not attacking the person Damon says to attack.

Hugging/tanking: We had been doing better about this, but we did a poor job today. I saw people sitting there, taking damage, and dying. I know one person (not gonna name names; no reason to humiliate them) died at least three times because he wasn't tanking at all. That's not gonna work, and it could have cost us big time. This Friday, we'll be having a mandatory war practice, in which we're going to focus on tanking and hugging so we can improve in this regard.

Preparation: We've got to all be on the same page about the rules. Lamb was the only one of us who brought binds. I know Damon doesn't like the 60+ mage bind rule, but we need more binders than just one. Please make sure you check the rules so you know what's going on.

Mandatory warring: I wasn't happy to see that several people who were on chose not to come to the war. Nearly all of our events aren't mandatory: you don't have to come if you don't want. Warring, however, is mandatory because you have a responsibility to the other members of your clan to have their backs. From now on, there will be a penalty for anyone who is on and doesn't come to the war.

Minor things: I don't know how many people had brought the right food (swordies or anchovy pizzas), because I saw some people going down pretty fast. If you die, get food before you return. We also had an issue with team capes; I'll try to bring some for the next war but it's not a huge deal. Instead of stressing about team capes, make sure all your warring gear is in place and you're ready to go.

Basic message: we won, but we can do better. Let's make some changes to our approach and next time go out and dominate.

P.S. I've got a really busy schedule this week, but March 1 my activity should go up considerably, so get ready for the return of the other leader! *Imperial March plays* Fire.gif

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

Formerly known as Golden arm42
PM
Hellbound487
Posted: Feb 22 2009, 04:38 PM

Necro EMAD! and DONOVAN KAYS Worshipper & Former COUNCIL
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 219

yeah i should have brought binds 75 mage would have helped. i was too lazy to get off ancients ill bind next time.

--------------------
user posted image user posted imageuser posted image
Luv List version 12394038476236525634748926452726456383.000001: Lit, Nick, Jss, Smaug, Ice, Jaal, Pura, Obby, Deas, BLOM <3
PM
[LTH]-starwolf_ftw
Posted: Feb 22 2009, 04:49 PM

OMG BOOM@
Group Icon

Group: Lethality Member
Member No.: 449

I have to agree with everything you mentioned Golden. I'm glad I got mentioned smile.gif , but there are some other things I think we should talk about. Since I'm too lazy to type it again, I'll just post a link to it... Here:

http://z9.invisionfree.com/Ancient_Legion/...3028&st=0&#last

Penalties for not showing up to wars when you are on is THE BEST THING you have said since I've entered AL! We have had no incentive to go to wars except to go win, now we have a punishment if we dont go. I really like that idea.

The capes are a big issue in my opinion... Everytime we war, I get some kind of lag so I'm almost 4-5 seconds behind. When I try to click on the main pile, I almost always end up trying to attack someone without our team cape. Very annoying, and something that CAN be fixed.

--------------------
user posted image

Expect more about this later today. biggrin.gif
user posted image
PM
K Arthur90
Posted: Feb 22 2009, 05:00 PM

FEAR ME!
Group Icon

Member No.: 440

QUOTE (Starwolf_Ftw)
The capes are a big issue in my opinion... Everytime we war, I get some kind of lag so I'm almost 4-5 seconds behind. When I try to click on the main pile, I almost always end up trying to attack someone without our team cape. Very annoying, and something that CAN be fixed.

+1
I wish I had taken a screenie of how many "Don't attack them, they're on ur team." I got. And that's because there were only two or three people w/o our team cape. Although I can provide the capes for ppl on the day, they should try and get the capes a little earlier, either by asking me or venturing theirselves on lv 48 wilderness (cuz they don't sell at GE).

--------------------

user posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image

PM
Dude12dragon
Posted: Feb 22 2009, 05:07 PM

This Dragon is Hawt
Group Icon

Group: Event Coordinator
Member No.: 588

We one but we should beat them bad 6 vs. 21 no duh dry.gif well i brought food golden and i didn't die hint hint. well antways good job everyone. wub.gif

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
LUV LIST v1.1: ani, lit, nick, alex, tom, imso, cody, kev, pura, tubby, kerk, tidus, arth, jaal, blom, obby, and faint
PM
[LTH]-starwolf_ftw
Posted: Feb 22 2009, 05:12 PM

OMG BOOM@
Group Icon

Group: Lethality Member
Member No.: 449

QUOTE (Dude12dragon @ Feb 22 2009, 04:07 PM)
We one but we should beat them bad 6 vs. 21 no duh dry.gif well i brought food golden and i didn't die hint hint. well antways good job everyone. wub.gif

I didn't even get touched! Very few people they focused on and thats because they found them as our weakest link. We need to get the clan stronger as a whole if we are to avoid this problem in the future.

--------------------
user posted image

Expect more about this later today. biggrin.gif
user posted image
PM
Redeyes2496
Posted: Feb 22 2009, 05:19 PM

RSN: Redeyes2496
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 395

It was an ok war. I'm really mad how some people weren't listening to the calls. I believe that if a member constantly starts their own piles, or doesn't listen to the calls, they should not be permitted to be in the next war. I don't see why these members can't just do what they are told. They should have read a manual or guide prior to fighting the war to know what to do. If we don't have one, we need to make one and make it mandatory to read it.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
rsw armoury
Posted: Feb 22 2009, 05:37 PM

10/10 or die
Group Icon

Group: Trial Member
Member No.: 372

Congrats on the win guys, sry that I can't make any wars

--------------------
PM
Golden arm42
Posted: Feb 22 2009, 05:37 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

We have one...Warring 101, but it doesn't make me full of confidence when people who have been accepted (and are supposed to have read it) don't know what hug means. dry.gif

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

PM
K Arthur90
Posted: Feb 22 2009, 05:43 PM

FEAR ME!
Group Icon

Member No.: 440

We do have... Warring 101, which we ask every new member to read.
OMG Golden...... you fast tongue.gif

--------------------

user posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted image

PM
Redeyes2496
Posted: Feb 22 2009, 05:49 PM

RSN: Redeyes2496
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 395

Apparently they're not if we have people that don't know what hugging means, or if they can't follow simple calls. Therefore, I still think that members that constantly don't follow calls are denied the right to fight in the war that follows. Any thoughts?

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
Golden arm42
Posted: Feb 22 2009, 05:55 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

True. I would hesitate to implement this right away, but if we don't start doing a better job of listening, I think we may need to consider this.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

PM
Dager007
Posted: Feb 22 2009, 07:27 PM

Group Icon

Group: Warlord
Member No.: 642

Sorry I couldn't come today, IRL business. And about that no more sniping thing, idc tbh. I may have taken on the role of a sniper in this clan, but I rarely have to because more and more clans are ditching magic and ranged for melee. That being said, sniping has become almost useless.

--------------------
Proud sniper of AL.
user posted image
user posted image
PM
Lamb Bug
Posted: Feb 22 2009, 07:38 PM

Founder
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

I soo get MVP for this war. tongue.gif

Used every one of the 100 binds I got, was piled at least 3 times but didn't die, and got one kill laugh.gif

I really didn't understand why we were piling their level 108 and level 115 when their level 92 was running around in robes?

I saw someone with us wearing rune chainbody and no shield get killed at least 4 times. That shouldn't be happening.

--------------------
user posted image

OMGWTFBBQSAUCE
PM
Dager007
Posted: Feb 22 2009, 07:43 PM

Group Icon

Group: Warlord
Member No.: 642

Lvl 92s in robes?! Didn't the snipers do thier job? Or rather isn't piling a lvl 92 in robes common sence? I should have been there....because it sounds like we more or less lucked out on this one.

--------------------
Proud sniper of AL.
user posted image
user posted image
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | News | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (3) [1] 2 3  Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive