zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Ancient Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Ancient Legion regrets to inform we have closed our doors.
It has been a good time, guys!

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) New TopicNew Poll

Senior Member/ CC Ban Request
InfamDaRoc
Posted: Feb 17 2009, 07:22 PM

Unregistered

I would like to either request to become a Senior Member/ have the power to kick and ban people from the Clan Chat, as I am on a considerable amount each day, or that Final Fire11 be banned from the CC, or that no outsiders be allowed to enter the clan chat. He has done nothing but cause trouble since he started visiting, he has no intention of joinin, and today caused one of our respected members to leave. This is not the way it should be in the Clan Chat, it should be an enjoyable place to talk and chit chat.
dflame58
Posted: Feb 17 2009, 07:29 PM

Purple Ranger
Group Icon

Group: Retired Member
Member No.: 516

so Infam told me the wrong person. it was yam that left chat.

so I think that we need 1 or 2 others that have the power to kick ppl from cc but i'm not necessarily saying that infam should be the one to do it.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Trophys :)
user posted image
user posted image
PM
InfamDaRoc
Posted: Feb 17 2009, 07:35 PM

Unregistered

Yamunu, not Usher, left because of what Final said. And it shouldn't matter who left, there should be no reason for someone to get annoyed to the point of leaving. Spamming nub, noob, gtfo, etc should not be tolerated in the clan chat
K Arthur90
Posted: Feb 17 2009, 07:35 PM

FEAR ME!
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 440

I totally agree with you Infam. Clan chat is not for flaming. In the first place, he shouldn't be able to join the cc. It's is deplorable that ppl simply join cc's to flame and cause ppl to leave the cc, eventually ruining what was going to be a sucessful and experienced warring/hugging/tanking training.
Infam, it's nice to see you work for the well being of the clan and the cc. But requesting to become a senior to earn kicking power is not right. You either have to prove yourself to the leaders/council that you have what it takes to be a senior (by helping ppl on the forums, on the cc, keeping things cool, preventing flaming (as unfortunately happened today)) and become, eventually, a senior, or the current seniors must be a little more active on the cc to prevent that from happening. Besides, having all seniors from the same timezone would help. What we should have is senior members of each approximate timezone, so that we have a little more "coverage" on the cc. For example, a senior from West Coast, another from the East Coast, another from South America, another from England and another from Australia.

--------------------

user posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image

PM
InfamDaRoc
Posted: Feb 17 2009, 07:40 PM

Unregistered

If you don't like my bid, I suggest that it be someone or some people who are on consistently. I asked because I spend the majority of my day online in game, but if anyone else feels they could do it, please step up, but its more a fact that it is being allowed to happen and none of the other clanmates had the guts to say anything about it, nor seemed to care about the disrespect shown towards a fellow clanmate. It was not until I had spammed a request to look at that people even registered that they understood what I was talking about, and not a single person besides myself spoke on Yam's behalf. NOT A SINGLE PERSON! I had to spam a request to have this looked at, and only 2 out 15+ replied. Amazing isn't it, how the respected and valued members of this clan sat idly by and did nothing to help out, no one even spoke up, no one besides me tried to diffuse the problem. Guess it was cuz it didn't concern them. right? Good to see what kind of mates we got here huh?
K Arthur90
Posted: Feb 17 2009, 07:46 PM

FEAR ME!
Group Icon

Member No.: 440

I do spend most of my day in-game too. 12 hours a day (will be reduced next month though). But what I'm saying is that we need a group of mods that span most of the time there's someone online, so we would always have someone to overlook the situations that might rise.
Oh, and Infam, outsiders must be able to join the cc, otherwise the only means we'd have of recruiting would be exclusively on the forums. If we did prevent any outsiders from entering the cc, we'd have to have recruiters, which would only make the leaders life harder, to choose and monitor the recruiters "options".

--------------------

user posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted image

PM
[LTH]-starwolf_ftw
Posted: Feb 17 2009, 08:09 PM

OMG BOOM@
Group Icon

Group: Lethality Member
Member No.: 449

I'd like to point out that senior members don't have the power to kick yet. We have tried this once before and Kevin accidentally over abused it because one of our own members was annoying him. I do agree that we do need a few more people with kicking powers because I got flamed on the cc too...

user posted image

Lamb or Golden can we do anything about this?

--------------------
user posted image

Expect more about this later today. biggrin.gif
user posted image
PM
Lamb Bug
Posted: Feb 17 2009, 08:23 PM

Founder
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

Yes. I will change the stuff back so Seniors can kick, as well as banning the names you mentioned.

--------------------
user posted image

OMGWTFBBQSAUCE
PM
InfamDaRoc
Posted: Feb 17 2009, 08:44 PM

Unregistered

Thank you. I want to apolgize for the hostile nature of my posts, it just really got to me no one spoke up. Yam consistently helps everyone who asks for it, and the thanks she gets is she has to log from the cc in order to enjoy the game.
animal magik
Posted: Feb 18 2009, 01:25 AM

Mwuahahahaha! ...meow.
Group Icon

Group: High Council
Member No.: 534

QUOTE (starwolf_ftw @ Feb 17 2009, 08:09 PM)
I'd like to point out that senior members don't have the power to kick yet. We have tried this once before and Kevin accidentally over abused it because one of our own members was annoying him. I do agree that we do need a few more people with kicking powers because I got flamed on the cc too...

user posted image

Lamb or Golden can we do anything about this?

Zomg wish I could've been on then -defends Star-

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Dude12dragon
Posted: Feb 18 2009, 10:48 AM

This Dragon is Hawt
Group Icon

Group: Event Coordinator
Member No.: 588

Omg that noob flamed starwolf omfg im sorry star sad.gif well great we can kick people now laugh.gif (not me thou) tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
LUV LIST v1.1: ani, lit, nick, alex, tom, imso, cody, kev, pura, tubby, kerk, tidus, arth, jaal, blom, obby, and faint
PM
Josephgregg
Posted: Feb 19 2009, 04:24 PM

Unregistered

Gah I hate spammers...but what I hate more is people with the ability to kick, who kick without discretion. In the previous clan I was in, the Shadows of Guthix, the co-leader sort-of got a vendetta against me.

For example: everyone called him danny, and in the cc someone said that Danny wasn't his first name, it was his middle name. I asked "Danny" what his first name was, and he said he didn't want to talk about it, and I said "Okay". Then, the next day, a new member says he doesn't want to say his first name. I say, "Just like Danny, right?"...and Danny kicks me, and he removes me from his friends list so that I can't pm him about why I was kicked. Then, next week, I was in the cc again, and I didn't have my rank anymore, because I was taken off of Danny's friends list. People asked, "What happened to your rank?" I replied, "Well, it happened after danny removed me from his friends list after I brought up the topic of his name"...then I'm kicked by Danny again. When I got ticked at Danny, he said, "Just watch yourself around me, and you'll do fine". I am certainly glad that I don't need to "watch myself" anymore than usual when I'm around the leaders in this clan wub.gif

So, morale of the story...be careful who you give kicking powers to (I wasn't the only one who was frequently kicked by Danny; when I asked other people why Danny kicked me, they said, "Well, that's just Danny; he's been in a bad mood lately"). blink.gif
Wolfclaw104
Posted: Feb 19 2009, 04:30 PM

Unregistered

Yes, I agree with this wink.gif . As the clan grows, more people want to bother the clan ohmy.gif simply because it feels good ticking people off...

-Wolf king.gif
3monightmar3
Posted: Feb 20 2009, 03:50 AM

official god of the AL
Group Icon

Group: Retired Member
Member No.: 26

QUOTE (K Arthur90 @ Feb 17 2009, 07:35 PM)
For example, a senior from West Coast, another from the East Coast, another from South America, another from England and another from Australia.

I got aus covered sept im only gunna be here on weekends coz of wayy 2 many committments smile.gif (btw good idea posting that infam, needed 2 be looked into wink.gif )

--------------------
user posted image
animal magik
Posted: Feb 24 2009, 02:07 AM

Mwuahahahaha! ...meow.
Group Icon

Group: High Council
Member No.: 534

user posted image
Not everyone hates Star.

For example, a senior from West Coast, another from the East Coast, another from South America, another from England and another from Australia.

Or two seeing 1 can't be on all the time.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Council of Members | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  New TopicNew Poll

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive