zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Ancient Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Ancient Legion regrets to inform we have closed our doors.
It has been a good time, guys!

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

School uniforms?
Amadán
Posted: Feb 12 2009, 09:56 PM

Unregistered

Do you think that introduction of school uniforms would be beneficial in all schools, particularly relating to the problem issue of violence in American schools which has plagued that country in recent years?

Throughout my time in school, the last 12 years, I've had to wear a uniform as is standard in the majority of schools here in Ireland and also in the UK. I found the experience unpleasant and it seemed like a person simply became a number or part of a crowd rather than the individuals that each of us in any given class were.

I'm opposed to school uniforms for a number of reasons, including:
  • Uniforms are expensive and are only used in school
  • Schools are where the next muscians, artists, designers come from yet school uniforms send out the message of conformity, of limits. This destroys creativity and individuals

How do you feel about uniforms? I assume many people here are still in school but thankfully I'm now past that awful part of life tongue.gif
[LTH]-emad
Posted: Feb 12 2009, 11:49 PM

hellbound worshipper
Group Icon

Group: Lethality Member
Member No.: 511

Lol I used to hate wearing uniforms at my old school but I moved rolleyes.gif

--------------------

user posted image<3
PM
[LTH]-starwolf_ftw
Posted: Feb 12 2009, 11:55 PM

OMG BOOM@
Group Icon

Group: Lethality Member
Member No.: 449

At my school, we had uniforms. They were actually confortable and customizable. The more money you spent on the uniforms, the more customizations you could do to it, like adding a picture. I just got mine plain because I'm just cheap tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image

Expect more about this later today. biggrin.gif
user posted image
PM
SLOandro
  Posted: Feb 13 2009, 10:47 AM

Unregistered

In Slovenia we never saw a uniform biggrin.gif
craiglock1
Posted: Feb 13 2009, 11:30 AM

Unregistered

QUOTE (SLOandro @ Feb 13 2009, 10:47 AM)
In Slovenia we never saw a uniform biggrin.gif

Lucky noop.

In my school, we have a Horrible uniform! If you have 1, send a pic of it in, so we can rate how bad it is tongue.gif
K Arthur90
Posted: Feb 13 2009, 12:34 PM

FEAR ME!
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 440

On my first years on school, my uniform was quite plain and dull.
However, on the last years, my school went through a "fashion revolution" tongue.gif. Before, we had only one kind of shirt (both for men and for women), one kind of pants (again, both for men and women) and two kinds of jackets (hood or hoodless). Now, ppl go shopping for uniforms as they go shopping for real clothes:
Three kinds of shirt (one male only, one baby-look female only, and one dryfit) and a short pant too for women.
Four kinds of pants (nylon, nylon with an option to turn it into a short, a kind of denin, and fit for women)
Four kinds of jackets.
And, if one wanted, one could buy school personalized socks!
But again, they are all extremely expensive sad.gif. Thank god I'm off school now smile.gif

--------------------

user posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image

PM
craiglock1
Posted: Feb 13 2009, 02:02 PM

Unregistered

Lol, you lucky noop biggrin.gif

I refuse to post in this topic again, as I got a week off and don't wish to be reminded about that horrible place called skhool =]
red ring 95
Posted: Feb 13 2009, 03:18 PM

Group Icon

Group: Retired Member
Member No.: 311

at my college, only the auto students have uniforms.

we use them almost as an incentive. the students have to go through two quarters of basics, then are allowed into "production"(fixing customer cars) and get the uniform. to us, it shows that "i know what im doing" or "i have more knowledge than you"

so i dont know, i guess my situation is different.

in high school though, dumb idea. like the OP said, schools need individuality and creativity.

--------------------

user posted image
im on cod4 and cod5 almost everyday, so hit me up if you want a game!
PM
Amadán
Posted: Feb 13 2009, 04:42 PM

Unregistered

Wow I'm not alone in hating uniforms! My school only had two types of uniform, one for Seniors and one for Juniors and the only difference was the colour.

Everyone had the same sweater, charcoal grey pants, and white shirt with blue pinstripes all made by the same company, even the Senior sweater was the same material just different colour!

I found that it robs people of individuality and just makes you like a cog in a machine.
3monightmar3
Posted: Feb 14 2009, 12:40 AM

official god of the AL
Group Icon

Member No.: 26

i agree completely...on monday ill take a pic of me in mine n u can all state ur opinions biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted image
40 def robin
Posted: Mar 12 2009, 02:20 PM

MILF HUNTER
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 451

They tried to install that when we where in school... but we basically told em to [BEEP] off lol.

--------------------
user posted image user posted image
user posted image
dflame58
Posted: Mar 12 2009, 03:04 PM

Purple Ranger
Group Icon

Member No.: 516

uniforms destroy individuality.

uniforms will not stop violence. its what goes on outside of school mostly anyways.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Trophys :)
user posted image
user posted image
PM
40 def robin
Posted: Mar 12 2009, 03:10 PM

MILF HUNTER
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 451

just think of those hot jap school girl uniforms tho.. now that would be hot if all the girls had to wear that

--------------------
user posted image user posted image
user posted image
aaron pfft 9
Posted: Mar 12 2009, 04:20 PM

Unregistered

i think that there a good but bad idea it's too hard to explain but yeah...

but most off all no school uniform so we don't have to go through the hassle off washing shirts everyday cleaning blazers getting ties on... ect..

=)

goldcrown.gif aaron_pfft_9 goldcrown.gif
Fivey Is Pwnage
Posted: Mar 12 2009, 04:43 PM

How many brains do you have?
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 24

Hah i feel sorry for you guys tongue.gif:P:P:P we only have to wear uniforms if were wearing like "inappropriate" stuff. Or if we have really weird hair we have to like make it... well... less weird i guess

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Thanks Dylan!^^^^^
My Blog!!! Clicky pl0x %mh%8%mh%
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | The Debate Room | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive