zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Ancient Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Ancient Legion regrets to inform we have closed our doors.
It has been a good time, guys!

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Kidgold proposal for new reqs

Should we adopt the Kidgold proposal? 75+ reqs for a two month trial period, and all current members stay no matter what their combat level?
Yes. [ 19 ]  [67.86%]
No. [ 9 ]  [32.14%]
Total Votes: 28
Guests cannot vote 
Golden arm42
Posted on Jan 31 2009, 09:00 AM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Basically, Kid Damon last night convinced me of his point of view. He and I together carefully crafted a proposal which should work perfectly for AL's needs. It will leave everyone in the clan happy while at the same time building a strong recruitment base for our future. See details below. Please vote on the poll attached to this topic to see if we should adopt the Kidgold proposal.

1. Everyone currently in the clan is allowed to stay, no matter what their level. Of course, it would be really nice if you could train as well, but the new policy wouldn't affect you: it would only affect new recruits.

2. We raise the clan's requirements to 75+ for two months. This "trial period" would allow us to determine if the move was a right one while at the same time allowing us room to change if it's necessary. By measuring recruitment levels now and during the two months, we'll be able to tell if we're getting any less recruits. At the end of the two month period, the clan as a whole will come together and vote: either we stay at 75+ or go back to 60+.

This is the best idea I can think of. Not only would it satisfy our needs as a community clan, and all of our current members would be able to stay no matter what their level, it would also make us a better warring/boss killing clan because we'd be getting more high levels. I truly think this is the best idea, and if for some reason it doesn't turn out to be, we can always change it back to 60+ after the two months.

I really hope to see this go through, but of course, debate it all you like. biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

Formerly known as Golden arm42
PM
Josephgregg
Posted on Jan 31 2009, 09:08 AM

Unregistered

I like it. But I think the current members should have to raise their combat levels, too. I mean, will any high levels join a 75+ clan if they look on the runehead and see a bunch of level 65's? Just a thought.
Golden arm42
Posted on Jan 31 2009, 09:11 AM

Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (Josephgregg @ Jan 31 2009, 02:08 PM)
I like it. But I think the current members should have to raise their combat levels, too. I mean, will any high levels join a 75+ clan if they look on the runehead and see a bunch of level 65's? Just a thought.

Well, of course we'll encourage them to train and hope they train, but we can't make them train. That's why my topic last night about doing your part to help the clan I hope will compell them to do so.

I don't think a few 65s will turn someone off from joining the clan, however. laugh.gif

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

PM
Josephgregg
Posted on Jan 31 2009, 09:16 AM

Unregistered

Ok. I think it would turn me off though...you can't make members do it, but I have a feeling that if the members had to raise their levels to 75 in the next two months or else they'd be demoted to a trial member, they would definitely raise their levels. And going from, at the most, 60 to 75 isn't all that much to gain in two months. But if this is what you think is right, I'm not going to argue with you. biggrin.gif
Lit
Posted on Jan 31 2009, 10:18 AM

Pixel Wizard
Group Icon

Group: Warlord
Member No.: 631

Yes, great idea. I also agree with Josephgregg, there should be like a trainee position for those members under 75, to encourage them to train. Anyways, this idea looks fine as it is.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
PM
Kevinsaurus
Posted on Jan 31 2009, 12:34 PM

Zamorak BEAST
Group Icon

Group: On Leave/Vacation
Member No.: 384

yea like maybe a different rank for those under level 75...

i like the idea...

we need more higher levels nowadays, wen eed more people in general so we can get bigger pulls for wars and stronger players for walls

--------------------
user posted image user posted image
user posted image
PM
Golden arm42
Posted on Feb 1 2009, 03:14 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

Looks pretty convincing that this will be the new way. smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

PM
coolmage©
Posted on Feb 1 2009, 03:19 PM

The Coolest Mage
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 194

Oh I see how it is, once I leave for exams then you decide to raise the requirements. Haha I've been bugging you about upping the requirements since I joined

--------------------
PM
blompty2
Posted on Feb 2 2009, 03:14 AM

Unregistered

i'd say yes cos most of the people in the clan are 75+ anywyas
Amadán
Posted on Feb 2 2009, 07:57 PM

Unregistered

I'd say yes as long as the requirements won't affect my application in a few days time.
megaman.exe
Posted on Feb 3 2009, 04:01 PM

Group Icon

Group: Clan Friend
Member No.: 558

Here is a word of advice, before you make these new said requirments, try to get everyone in the clan higher than that level so you can start having these reqs. No level 75 is going to join and like it if he sees people in the clan that are lower level.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Runescape/clan discussion | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive