zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Ancient Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Ancient Legion regrets to inform we have closed our doors.
It has been a good time, guys!

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) New TopicNew Poll

Continuation of Star's thread
animal magik
Posted: Jan 23 2009, 06:09 AM

Mwuahahahaha! ...meow.
Group Icon

Group: High Council
Member No.: 534

Ok, so like it was said in the topic that Star made, since so many of us have been promoted to event coordinators, we need to work out a way between us so that we can schedule events succesfully. One idea is that 2-3 of us can schedule in the events for one week, then the next week 2-3 others can while they take a break and so on and so on.
But we still need to come up with ideas, incase somehow this method fails, or if there's a better and easier way out there.
With Star gone, we all need to step up and try our hardest to come up with ideas.
Also, please tell me the sections you would like to help out in so we can record it and choose the types of events we will each be looking after.

Minigame Coordinators
Tomilson21
K Arthur90
Red Ring 95

Contest Coordinators
Dflame58
Redeyes2496

Monster trips/ PVP/ PK Trips
Animal Magik
Tomilson21
Sword User

Skilling Events
Wolfclaw104
Dflame58

Other ideas for a scheduling strategy
Ok, so firstly, I had some ideas last night while I was trying to sleep (isn't that when you always get them? >.<).
Firstly, I think this is a good idea.
I think, before we start scheduling events for each week, we should vote on which two types of events we'll do (eg. Monster killing/pvp/pk and mingames OR minigames and contests etc.) and then, I will put up a roster, where we will split into teams of 4 (you can choose what you'll like to do) and then we'll start scheduling events for those different types for that week. Also, seeing as 8 people scheduling 2 events a week (or 2 groups of 4 people) equals a lot of events, I will put up our own little type of calendar with the date and what time events have already been scheduled for, so you can check it and try plan events around that time instead of at the same time.
Good abut this idea: We all get to pick what type of event we go on, so we can mix it up
Bad about this idea: Might be a bit messy with 4 people on 1 type of event, but with the semi-calendar I'll make we'd manage around it.

Secondly, I had a similar idea, only that we run 3 or all 4 types of events at once and split into teams of 2, 2, 3 or 2, 2, 2, 2 and keep the rest similar to the above option.
Good about this idea: everyone gets to do something different, and also people participating in events get more diversity to choose from
Bad about this idea: Would be a lot of different events all being scheduled so times would have to be worked out in advance, also would be messy with all of us (but with a team as big as us, how couldn't it be? tongue.gif)

We now have all members with a selection, but before we start scheduling events, I would like to see other ideas we can come up with (although I am fairly confident this idea will be the best).
Before we start scheduling events we need to do one more thing too, and that is complete the vote for who you would like to lead the events team. Please read the whole first post before you vote and after you vote, post letting me know so I can put you on the list.
Also, if you are unhappy with these positions or would like to change, please let me know as soon as you can. smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Sword User
Posted: Jan 23 2009, 06:50 AM

Group Icon

Group: Retired Member
Member No.: 310

uhh I'll do Monster trips/ PVP/ PK Trips holiday.gif

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
99 str nao pl0x

scrolly thing:

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PM
animal magik
Posted: Jan 23 2009, 06:57 AM

Mwuahahahaha! ...meow.
Group Icon

Thanks Sword =)
Also, please vote in the poll, we need your vote (read it first though, and post saying you voted)

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

K Arthur90
Posted: Jan 23 2009, 05:18 PM

FEAR ME!
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 440

Magik, I confirm my place at minigames. Though I still think we could use only two coordinators per team, so that each coordinator focuses on only one kind of event.
PS.: Sorry to spoil your fun magik (i voted for you too smile.gif), but now that we have an even number of coordinators, I'd say we wouldn't need a events team head. I suggested that because we had an extra coordinator (if following the two per eam rule) so he would be the leader. Since he's left, there's no extra position.
Though if that makes you happy:
Magik for EC team king.gif!
So, if the two per team rules apply, I'd like either to stay on the minigame team, or if tom and red stay there, I'd like to go to the contest team.

--------------------

user posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted image

PM
animal magik
Posted: Jan 23 2009, 06:04 PM

Mwuahahahaha! ...meow.
Group Icon

Ok, well, overnight though I had some ideas, and for them we kinda do need a head of the events team to sort out how we'll be working, so I think we'll have a vote on them, but instead of taking up forum space, we'll just put it here.
We'll call Stars idea option a, my first one option b, my second one option c - I put them up on the first post, so please read them through and post which one you'll vote for.
I vote for option b.

Option A -
Option B - II
Option C - I

I = 1 vote

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Redeyes2496
Posted: Jan 23 2009, 06:42 PM

RSN: Redeyes2496
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 395

Option C is good for me.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
Wolfclaw104
Posted: Jan 23 2009, 06:54 PM

Unregistered

B for me
K Arthur90
Posted: Jan 23 2009, 08:50 PM

FEAR ME!
Group Icon

B option is definately not a viable one because there are events that need a minimum of ppl to be considered "enjoyable". The maximum pull we can ever think of getting for events are around 30-35. Now, imagine having three events at the same time. 10 people for each event, that's if they equally divide. Imagine a bh minigame, a barrows trip and a "mine for a dime" (just made up this name tongue.gif) event. Seven ppl would go to bh, 21 would go for the mine for dime event, and 2 go to barrow. Barrow would be cancelled and those two wouldn't have nothing to do, because if they wanted to go bh or mine for dime, they'd have gone there, not barrows.
Believe me, that happens. It happened to me once

May I suggest as well?

First, we do split up in four two-man teams.
Then, we post a poll (since this is a democratic clan, afaik tongue.gif) asking which type of event should be the next one (minigame, trip or skilling event).
As for the contest, as starwolf said himself, it's on its own "turf", seeing that contests run for two weeks, and events are only for one day.

Advantages:
1. By only choosing the type, ppl wouldn't know what event will actually be, only the vague type.
2. One don't need to be on two teams, so we have a two-man team, otherwise we wouldn't need to separate on teams, as we would have ppl on multiple teams.
3. We can easily do contests and events at the same time without fearing for conflicts.

Disadvantages:
Well.... I haven't thought of that yet, but at first, I can't see any disavantage.

PS.: I'll re-state: If we do get two-man teams, I'd like to be either on the minigame team, or the contest team (preferably the last one tongue.gif).

PPS.: And sorry if I'm bossing around. It's just I have experience in organizing events and I know how easy things can go as unplanned. Idk if you have that on american/australian/british schools, but each class chooses two representatives to discuss matters directly with the schools administration. I was one of them king.gif

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

PM
animal magik
Posted: Jan 23 2009, 09:45 PM

Mwuahahahaha! ...meow.
Group Icon

That's a good idea, and so if it's ok with everyone else here, we'll go with that.
It's pretty much like my 2nd idea, except you said it with more detail. tongue.gif
Ok, so, remake of the teams.

Minigame Coordinators
Tomilson21
Red Ring 95

Contest Coordinators
K Arthur90
Redeyes2426

Monster trips/ PVP/ PK Trips
Animal Magik
Sword User

Skilling Events
Wolfclaw104
Dflame58

Please confim (everyone).

Also, do you guys think that every month we should do a rotation?
(Meaning, the two people on minigames move down to contests, contests move down to monsters/pvp/pk and so on and so on)

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

K Arthur90
Posted: Jan 23 2009, 09:50 PM

FEAR ME!
Group Icon

Magik, just re-write the rules on ur post, and write the whole post in green or blue, so itll be easy to find.

1. Two ppl per team
2. Democratic polls to decide the next kind of event
3. Contest are on a different scale, hence different poll.
4. Magik can post the polls for the standard events, and I can post the polls for the contests.

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

PM
animal magik
Posted: Jan 23 2009, 09:53 PM

Mwuahahahaha! ...meow.
Group Icon

I don't fully understand though, by poll to decide the next type of event, do you mean the type of event we will be doing for a week or something?
Because if you just mean to next event scheduled altogether, well then it'll take too long to schedule events, we need to do more then one at a time, also, with time zone differences between us, it could take awhile to get everyone's vote, thus we would not get many events in each week, and we need to schedule at least one each a week and try our hardest for two. =/

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

K Arthur90
Posted: Jan 23 2009, 09:57 PM

FEAR ME!
Group Icon

You don't expect to hae one event a day, do you? biggrin.gif
What I say is: After we fill up that teams' list, you post a poll asking for which one of these will be the next event:
monster/pvp/pk
minigame
skill event

And close the poll in 24h, which will give enough time for everyone to vote. When you get the result, the chosen team will schedule an event. As soon as that event finishes, you post another poll... etc. etc. and that's how it goes. So we'll always know what kind of event to do.

About the rotation, there are ppl that won't or can't shedule some kind of event, like me or tom, as we won't schedule pk trips, so rotation is not advisable.

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

PM
animal magik
Posted: Jan 23 2009, 09:59 PM

Mwuahahahaha! ...meow.
Group Icon

Won't that kinda clog up space?

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

K Arthur90
Posted: Jan 23 2009, 10:00 PM

FEAR ME!
Group Icon

we can mod the events forum, so we can remove the older polls.

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

PM
animal magik
Posted: Jan 23 2009, 10:02 PM

Mwuahahahaha! ...meow.
Group Icon

Well according to Lamb, we already have mod powers for the EC forum and events forum, so ok then, we'll do that. I guess we'll try it out and see whether it works or not?

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Event Coordinator forum | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  New TopicNew Poll

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive