zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Ancient Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Ancient Legion regrets to inform we have closed our doors.
It has been a good time, guys!

Add ReplyNew Topic

Weak passwords must be changed, 9 January 2009
Kevinsaurus
Posted: Jan 18 2009, 06:07 AM

Zamorak BEAST
Group Icon

Group: On Leave/Vacation
Member No.: 384

We have noticed that a relatively large number of our users are using the same few extremely common passwords.

Using an extremely common password puts your account at significant risk, as it makes it extremely easy for someone else to guess it. In particular certain dictionary words and names are extremely common choices.

To help keep our users safe we have therefore today disallowed the use of the 500 most common passwords that people choose. You will no longer be able to use these very common passwords. If you already have one of these weak passwords, then you will be forced to change your password when you next try to login to the game.

For help on how to change your password: click here.

For guidelines on how to choose a good password: click here.

We recommend you use a combination of letters and numbers, and then write the password down and store it in a very safe place so you donít forget it. Andrew.

--------------------
user posted image user posted image
user posted image
PM
stingster2
Posted: Jan 18 2009, 01:07 PM

Unregistered

well i think mine isn't very common but idk maybe if they could say what those passes were i would know to change mine but from now on idk the things so im not changing mine
Kevinsaurus
Posted: Jan 18 2009, 01:18 PM

Zamorak BEAST
Group Icon

as long as its got numbers and letters and isn't stupid or obvious lol

--------------------
user posted image
PM
stingster2
Posted: Jan 18 2009, 01:18 PM

Unregistered

lol
Kevinsaurus
Posted: Jan 21 2009, 02:49 PM

Zamorak BEAST
Group Icon

for example my password is very strong, it's...
i'm not telling >.<
now if u can read my mind then im screwed >><

--------------------
user posted image
PM
Cjm721
Posted: Feb 7 2009, 01:23 AM

Unregistered

Well I think I know the best way now for pass word memerization seince most of my the my main pass word is 36 charaters long. It i easyer to memerize a phrase that it peticular to you. Like ilikepinkbunniesinmylapathome (I just made that up)that is a very long pass word but easy to remember. Also if you want to get more complicated. il1kepunk8unnie$1nmyl@p just a little changed and still very complicated and only a little bit harder.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Official Runescape News | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options Add ReplyNew Topic

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive