zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Ancient Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Ancient Legion regrets to inform we have closed our doors.
It has been a good time, guys!

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Warring equipment
Golden arm42
Posted: Jan 4 2009, 10:27 AM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I'm not going to comment on any other part of yesterday's war because we really did poorly, and most of it was my fault, so I take the blame for our loss, but there's a fundamental problem with our warring that we've really got to change.

Just as a real life soldier would never go into battle without his gear, so should we. People walking around without rune or without any armor at all is ridiculous. I'm not going to name names, and thank you to everyone who showed up properly geared, but we're not going to have as chance if we're not well equipped. Therefore, from now on, we're going to have a policy that if you're a meleer and not bringing FULL rune, you won't be allowed to fight that war. Rangers should have dragonhide and a rune full helm or they won't fight either. And as usual, anchovy pizzas or swordies are necessary as well.

It's not fair that the vast majority of people do their part and come ready to fight and our war effort gets derailed by a few people who just couldn't be bothered.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

Formerly known as Golden arm42
PM
craiglock1
Posted: Jan 4 2009, 10:45 AM

Unregistered

Good Idea! i totally suppport.

What happend at teh war yesterday? i couldnt make it..
Golden arm42
Posted: Jan 4 2009, 11:04 AM

Administrator
Group Icon

Well, Lamb got KOed about 10 secs into the battle (again) and I did a crappy job calling piles. We did decently in terms of score but it was never really close. They brought people from other clans and we were both outnumbered and outleved, but that doesn't excuse the fact that we did pretty badly, starting with me. angry.gif

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

PM
Redeyes2496
Posted: Jan 4 2009, 11:54 AM

RSN: Redeyes2496
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 395

Ugh, yeah, it wasn't very pretty. Sadly, I never received the piles after Lamb went down, so I was kinda running around not knowing what to do, and then I got piled by them, and, yeah... sad.gif But yeah, I totally support this idea. If you're not prepared, you shouldn't be allowed to fight.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
Golden arm42
Posted: Jan 4 2009, 11:57 AM

Administrator
Group Icon

As I said, that was my fault. Sorry about that. sad.gif

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

PM
squeeki
Posted: Jan 4 2009, 12:49 PM

Group Icon

Group: Inactive Member
Member No.: 419

Goldy I suggest before you leave setting up a war team. About 3 leaders that train the clan on how to war. I mean having war practices is good but i think we should have more then just practices if we are a warring clan. Maybe 3 times a week at least for about an hour. If they are really dedicated to the clan people that are on will show up. Just like you said a solider wouldnt go to war with out his gear...well a solider wouldnt go to war with out training he/she would die like lamb does lol laugh.gif well those are just my thoughts.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
Golden arm42
Posted: Jan 4 2009, 12:54 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

Well...there's Lamb and Kevin and Fivey. They should get together and hold training, you're right. I'll force ask Lamb to do this. tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

PM
Golden arm42
Posted: Jan 4 2009, 04:39 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

Anyone else gonna read this lol?

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

PM
tomilson21
Posted: Jan 4 2009, 05:29 PM

Group Icon

Group: Retired Member
Member No.: 571

i also agree and if u dont have the equipment in bank then quick buy it u can just resell it after war. but i thnk having a couple practices on what to do and whn to do it would help alot.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image%mh%6%mh%
PM
slytherman
Posted: Jan 4 2009, 05:30 PM

Unregistered

i read it and i totally agree, maybe we should split the clan into 3 different sects and have practice wars against each other so we are prepared.
Wolfclaw104
Posted: Jan 4 2009, 05:41 PM

Unregistered

I agree with you guys about this because with any armour you can't help because you will get KOed easily
Speedslayer2
Posted: Jan 4 2009, 05:46 PM

Unregistered

It seems people LOVE to pile me.. Right after lamb I got piled next.. I believe I was the second one to get piled? I can barely do anything as when i'm looking for the person we're supposed to be piled.. Im dead before I find him.

Solution?

We need practice wars. Seriously. If we dont practice we FAIL.
Golden arm42
Posted: Jan 4 2009, 06:02 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

Well, before I go I'll try to get something set up with our allies.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

PM
[LTH]-starwolf_ftw
Posted: Jan 4 2009, 09:22 PM

OMG BOOM@
Group Icon

Group: Lethality Member
Member No.: 449

QUOTE (Golden arm42 @ Jan 4 2009, 11:54 AM)
Well...there's Lamb and Kevin and Fivey. They should get together and hold training, you're right. I'll force ask Lamb to do this. tongue.gif

May I note that out of these people you mentioned, Lamb is the only one who is either not going on break or we haven't heard from for a long time. How about some further backups? Kev's going on break for a while because he's falling behind on school and has finals, I haven't seen a thing from Fivey for the past month or so and I hope he returns. Until we have further clarification from both, what do you suggest?

--------------------
user posted image

Expect more about this later today. biggrin.gif
user posted image
PM
Kerkennah
Posted: Jan 4 2009, 10:41 PM

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
Group Icon

Group: High Council
Member No.: 444

I agree with this, maybe we should make a rule that you have to have a rune set at all times or the appropirate gear for your style of fighting. I wasn't there yesterday because i was in the car all day. I think we can have any of the warlords of council to be backup leaders at a war.

--------------------
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | News | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive