Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Ancient Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Ancient Legion regrets to inform we have closed our doors.
It has been a good time, guys!

Pages: (5) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Everyone must read this!
Golden arm42
Posted: Dec 6 2008, 04:20 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

As I'm sure most of you already know, we had two clan wars today: with The Runescape Rebels and with Odyssey. I'd like to share my thoughts from these two wars. Anyone and everyone is welcome to share their opinions, too.

War with The Runescape Rebels

This war was the one that was supposed to occur. We did a great job pulling (25 is something to be extremely proud of; great job on that and thanks to everyone who came) and getting there (a few last minute rushers in, but I appreciate everyone coming early who did). Obviously, we had them outnumbered bad: when you've got a pull lead of 25-7, you shouldn't be losing one person. Good job; we didn't lose a person. I even got a kill. emo-th_guns9.gif king.gif

However, it would have been impossible to lose, and in a war that we're guaranteed to win, it's an opportunity to do the little things right, the little things that makes a clan better. I was very disappinted in how people respond to commands: it took literally 2-3 minutes to get a DD together, and even as the fight was beginning, there were people running around wildly. Most people did their job, but when someone issues a command, you MUST do it. If we need a DD on Lamb, everyone MUST DD on Lamb. If we need to fall in on Lamb, you MUST fall in on Lamb. It's as simple as that. Our organization needs to change, and if it means we have an hour-long clan wars practice doing nothing practicing falling in and DDs, that's what we'll do, because right now, we're not going to win any wars against good clans (see below). angry.gif angry.gif

War with Odyssey

Yes, we were outleveled. Yes, they broke bounds. But what lost us the war against Odyssey was our organization, pure and simple. No one was piling, we had a few snipers but most of the time those turned into 1-on-1s (a big no-no) and no one was listening to commands (see above). By the way, when I say no one, I don't mean no one: I mean an appropriate amount. Some people were doing their jobs, and that's great. Anyway, our organization was pathetic, and that, more than anything else, lost us the war. Again, you need to listen to the right people: in wars, our hierarchy is simple: Leaders (Lamb then me), Warlords, and then the highest level members (I may consider making a new group: vice warlord, who would command after warlords are down: please share your thoughts). When no one listens, the system breaks down, and when the system breaks down, we end up getting beat from 19-15 to 0-13. Not good.

What We Need to Do

There are some pretty basic, yet important, things we need to, and are going to, do.

1. Everyone must listen to orders. A DD or fall in order cannot take 3 minutes to achieve. It's easy to say this, but we're going to start handing down penalties if people don't pay attention, because this needs to start happening.

2. The inventory. I didn't know whether I should laugh or cry when I saw one of our members (not going to name names) wearing full frog. Frog gives no bonuses. Frog does nothing to help. You may as well go buck naked ohmy.gif for all the help frog will give you. From now on, everyone NEEDS to bring full rune if they're meleeing. If you don't have full rune and you're planning to melee, you may find yourself unable to participate.

3. Not go on a rollercoaster. I hate rollercoasters in real life, and I hate rollercoster-actions in game. We go from "This is a pathetic war; what a waste of time" to "Our org was terrible, we got owned". We need to learn from everything we do, or we don't move forward! That means stop getting pissed off when we cream a noob clan because obviously we're not good enough to hang with the big boys. If you feel like saying something like "This is a pathetic war", say it outloud in real life, because it does nothing to help by saying it ingame.

If anyone has questions and you truly don't know what you're doing wrong, please feel free to ask me. I'm not mad at any member here, and I hope you don't take this the wrong way. I just feel that to fulfill as good of a promise as we have (I know no other low-level clan in the game that pulls 25) we need to get better. Simple as that.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

Formerly known as Golden arm42
PM
[LTH]-starwolf_ftw
Posted: Dec 6 2008, 04:37 PM

OMG BOOM@
Group Icon

Group: Lethality Member
Member No.: 449

Very well said. I do have a few things to say....

Yes, our organization was bad, I agree with you on that. I have a solution that might work. How about having multiple clan wars practices in the week? Sometimes, clan members can't make the one time a week we have a practice, I am on of those sad few sad.gif because I have work on Friday nights. If we could have a practice on Mondays and Wednesdays with the original Fridays, I think that could help us all out! wink.gif

The outleveling was a factor, but we have won situations like this before. We were outleveled against Lethality (sorry for spelling) and we still managed to win with our superior numbers. We can't take this loss to hard, we can do better! smile.gif

The piling was another factor I wasn't too fond of. I understand it is the leader's job to say who to pile, but it's rather hard to find someone to pile at the start of a war when there are 10-15 people standing on the same spot. Also, piling can get hard when people tank and hug walls when you are trying to pile. Just clicking on them to attack them is a challenge, plus with people runing everywhere, you might misclick the wrong person. I myself have misclicked Golden today at least 3 times... dry.gif Maybe it's only hard for me, but can we try to find a solution to this? huh.gif

Overall, good day today against the Runescape Rebels, wish it could of been our way against Odessey. I hope to see you all train hard for the upcoming wars!

--------------------
user posted image

Expect more about this later today. biggrin.gif
user posted image
PM
Golden arm42
Posted: Dec 6 2008, 04:42 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (starwolf_ftw @ Dec 6 2008, 09:37 PM)

Yes, our organization was bad, I agree with you on that. I have a solution that might work. How about having multiple clan wars practices in the week? Sometimes, clan members can't make the one time a week we have a practice, I am on of those sad few sad.gif because I have work on Friday nights. If we could have a practice on Mondays and Wednesdays with the original Fridays, I think that could help us all out! wink.gif

The outleveling was a factor, but we have won situations like this before. We were outleveled against Lethality (sorry for spelling) and we still managed to win with our superior numbers. We can't take this loss to hard, we can do better! smile.gif

The piling was another factor I wasn't too fond of. I understand it is the leader's job to say who to pile, but it's rather hard to find someone to pile at the start of a war when there are 10-15 people standing on the same spot. Also, piling can get hard when people tank and hug walls when you are trying to pile. Just clicking on them to attack them is a challenge, plus with people runing everywhere, you might misclick the wrong person. I myself have misclicked Golden today at least 3 times... dry.gif Maybe it's only hard for me, but can we try to find a solution to this? huh.gif

Overall, good day today against the Runescape Rebels, wish it could of been our way against Odessey. I hope to see you all train hard for the upcoming wars!

biggrin.gif

How about having multiple clan wars practices in the week? Sometimes, clan members can't make the one time a week we have a practice, I am on of those sad few  because I have work on Friday nights. If we could have a practice on Mondays and Wednesdays with the original Fridays, I think that could help us all out! 

I'm not sure how happy people would be with three practices, plus a war, each week. I think that you're right though: it would be a good idea to, at least in the short term, add in some other days for practice, at least until we get better.

The outleveling was a factor, but we have won situations like this before. We were outleveled against Lethality (sorry for spelling) and we still managed to win with our superior numbers. We can't take this loss to hard, we can do better.

Good point: when we all do our jobs, good things happen.

The piling was another factor I wasn't too fond of. I understand it is the leader's job to say who to pile, but it's rather hard to find someone to pile at the start of a war when there are 10-15 people standing on the same spot

True. That's why we've all got to get to the front and dd or fall in FAST, so everyone has time to see who they're attacking. When we're finally getting into position with 10 seconds left to the battle, that's not good.

Thanks for the comments, Star.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

PM
K Arthur90
Posted: Dec 6 2008, 04:46 PM

FEAR ME!
Group Icon

Member No.: 440

I agree with starwolf on the mis-clicking thing. I'm a low level therefore I must target my enemies through right clicking. Idk, but I think that if we all wear the same team cape, the attack options dissapear or they go down to the list. But a few of us just wore anything they wanted and I kept mis-targeting them.

Also, i've been on one war and two trainings on AL for now, and I must say organization is what lacked today. Ppl wouldn't hear callings, pilings and orders. The organization was very much different from the last war. We managed dd's and fall ins in about 30 secs. Golden's right, we took 2 mins to stand on one place. Not even a simple "Ready Steady Go" countdown for the emote was followed.

But I disagree on three trains a week. I do other things than training, like skilling, slaying and, ummmm.... real life? I say we should stick to one train a week, but prolly make each train's time different. Like have a war one sat, then wed, then next sat.

--------------------

user posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image

PM
[LTH]-starwolf_ftw
Posted: Dec 6 2008, 04:48 PM

OMG BOOM@
Group Icon

I'm not sure how happy people would be with three practices, plus a war, each week. I think that you're right though: it would be a good idea to, at least in the short term, add in some other days for practice, at least until we get better.

Well...how about we don't make them mandatory, and only have each person go to 1 or 2 a week. I mean, it can't be too hard to just go to one if it's a very varied schedule. blink.gif

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PM
Golden arm42
Posted: Dec 6 2008, 04:53 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

We could also do this: Friday is mandatory if you're on, and the others are optional. Better optional than nothing.

If it were to make things easier for you all, we'll start enforcing team 15-capes. Opinion on this? Necessary or not?

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

PM
colombus32
Posted: Dec 6 2008, 04:55 PM

Unregistered

The main thing is finding people to call. When the leaders call, everyone needs to spam that name and that name only until that person is dead. There were too many occasions when I couldn't figure out who to attack because no one was calling names. Leaders call who to attack but once that is done, everyone needs to spam that name so we know who to take out.

All the major clans do this, when I was in Awaken it was something that won wars for us, when I stood by VR when it first started, they could take on much higher levels and take them out because of their organisation.

Also, before the guy we're piling dies, someone needs to call out who the next person is, so we're not aimlessly searching for the next target. It's easier to switch beforehand than to decide after.

Spamming. I know it's hard when they're going around walls but I think it needs to be done.

I dunno, I know I'm just the new guy, but I've been in and around good clans. I'm not trying to be a jerk, or tell anyone how to do their jobs.
Golden arm42
Posted: Dec 6 2008, 04:57 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (colombus32 @ Dec 6 2008, 09:55 PM)
The main thing is finding people to call. When the leaders call, everyone needs to spam that name and that name only until that person is dead. There were too many occasions when I couldn't figure out who to attack because no one was calling names. Leaders call who to attack but once that is done, everyone needs to spam that name so we know who to take out.

All the major clans do this, when I was in Awaken it was something that won wars for us, when I stood by VR when it first started, they could take on much higher levels and take them out because of their organisation.

Also, before the guy we're piling dies, someone needs to call out who the next person is, so we're not aimlessly searching for the next target. It's easier to switch beforehand than to decide after.

Spamming. I know it's hard when they're going around walls but I think it needs to be done.

I dunno, I know I'm just the new guy, but I've been in and around good clans. I'm not trying to be a jerk, or tell anyone how to do their jobs.

No problem at all. In fact, I (and I hope everyone else) will feel more highly of you if you state your thoughts in a coherent manner as opposed to just being timid and submissive. I'd like to work on first things first, but you're absolutely right that we need to improve our spams. Spamming and binding (other than Magik and a few others) were also lacking today, but I'm not gonna go into that now.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

PM
Kerkennah
Posted: Dec 6 2008, 05:00 PM

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
Group Icon

Group: High Council
Member No.: 444

I wasn't there because i had to get a haircut. Anyways I don't see it hard for us to become more organised, we just have to get some people to understand what some things mean, then they can quickly do it. I agree spamming can be worked on and maybe tanking as well. I have a war guide that I will post soon, just have to fix some of the pictures.

--------------------
user posted image
Golden arm42
Posted: Dec 6 2008, 05:03 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (Kerkennah @ Dec 6 2008, 10:00 PM)
I wasn't there because i had to get a haircut. Anyways I don't see it hard for us to become more organised, we just have to get some people to understand what some things mean, then they can quickly do it. I agree spamming can be worked on and maybe tanking as well. I have a war guide that I will post soon, just have to fix some of the pictures.

I think that's an issue, too, but I think the bigger problem is that people disregard things. People know how to DD, and do after a while, but they simply won't do it right away. That's the problem. dry.gif

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

PM
K Arthur90
Posted: Dec 6 2008, 05:04 PM

FEAR ME!
Group Icon

Also, reading Warring 101 helps a lot to know basic warring strategies and vocabs.

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

PM
zoro894
Posted: Dec 6 2008, 05:27 PM

Veteran
Group Icon

Group: Retired Member
Member No.: 445

aw... i missed these wars sad.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PM
[LTH]-starwolf_ftw
Posted: Dec 6 2008, 05:34 PM

OMG BOOM@
Group Icon

QUOTE (zoro894 @ Dec 6 2008, 05:27 PM)
aw... i missed these wars sad.gif

Overall, it was fun. I'm sad you missed it, but there will be others!~

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PM
zoro894
Posted: Dec 6 2008, 05:35 PM

Veteran
Group Icon

Group: Retired Member
Member No.: 445

lol its not a big deal anyway tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PM
K Arthur90
Posted: Dec 6 2008, 06:13 PM

FEAR ME!
Group Icon

"There's no sense crying over every mistake."
Let's just train and win the next war. And the next. And the next. And the next. And the next.

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | News | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (5) [1] 2 3 ... Last » Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive